Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 18:52   #121
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Yeah that'd definitely do it, Bac. Pretty sure I've seen pictures of said wheel gun.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Yeah, I've posted pics of that beast before.

Its a kitten with the Blazers though. Heavy 45 Colt and 454, not so much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-15-2013, 19:00   #122
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, I've posted pics of that beast before.

Its a kitten with the Blazers though. Heavy 45 Colt and 454, not so much.
You pop off one of those 454's I'd hear the shots at my place lol.

Old 05-15-2013, 19:09   #123
Sigobsessed

I keep my glock 20 loaded with one in the pipe on the night stand with a flashlight and a s&w 638 snubby for good measure. My wife keeps her sig p238 on her night stand also hot. Kids are all grown upand gone but we have a couple of beagles for early warning.
Old 05-15-2013, 20:05   #124
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
You pop off one of those 454's I'd hear the shots at my place lol.

Yeah, the 454 certainly isn't a home defense round.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-15-2013, 21:03   #125
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, the 454 certainly isn't a home defense round.
Well... If one of these comes knocking, you're more prepared than most. Lol

http://vogeltalksrving.com/wp-conten...r_full_600.gif

Old 05-15-2013, 21:15   #126
Indy_Tim

I keep my G20sf on the nightstand next to me sitting in a way that lets me see the night sights so I can grab it if needed. No fumbling needed. It's loaded and has an attached light. There is a second flashlight on the nightstand as well along with a pair of spare mags.

I have a Mossberg 930spx leaning against the wall next to the nightstand too.
Old 05-15-2013, 21:15   #127
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
That's why people who don't keep them loaded probably keep a magazine in or near the gun. So that they can quickly load it.

Absolutely a viable solution and a reasonable choice for most people.
To each his own. I would prefer to use the few seconds that it takes to find the magazine or load the gun putting rounds in the bad guy
Old 05-15-2013, 21:20   #128
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyem1 View Post
To each his own. I would prefer to use the few seconds that it takes to find the magazine or load the gun putting rounds in the bad guy
To each his own.

I would rather spend my time focusing on things that keep me from needing to put rounds into a bad guy within 3 seconds of realizing he is there than worrying about how immediately I can start shooting. Having the intruder in your bedroom before you know it, or as you figure it out, is a failure IMO.

Also, personally, if I have that little bit of 'extra' time, I'm picking up the rifle that's in the corner.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 05-15-2013 at 21:21..
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10   #129
todd_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
tell me more about these gun magnets.
Not much to them, just a couple screws where you want to mount them and your pistol sticks right to it and will not mare the finish. I bought a few of them and have them mounted in a few different places in my house. It just take the step of opening a drawer to get your gun out. Amazon has them, little pricey but such as life.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:25   #130
cola490

Glock 19 with a TRL 1, 15 rd with a 15 rd magazine but empty chamber.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:31   #131
G19ftw

Loaded, one in chamber, in a holster.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13   #132
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

IMO,........an unloaded gun is a hammer.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25   #133
Ranger54

G17,loaded, round in chamber, TLR light on the pistol.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34   #134
BADOS

Glock 27 on nightstand, 15 round mag plus one in the pipe. Also spare mag as well.
Old 05-16-2013, 15:58   #135
hammerclaw56

Always one in the pipe

Either keep a 30 sf or a gen 4 21 in the nightstand ready to rock if needed but I hope that day never comes , but just in case it's hardball
Old 05-16-2013, 16:25   #136
HenryinFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper005 View Post
I'm pretty sure I will get some grief for this but I keep my 21SF in a small safe next to my bed with the magazines loaded but not in the gun. I've always felt most comfortable and safest doing it this way. Thank God nothing has happened to me or my family for me to test the time it takes to load the pistol and be totally prepared for a confrontation. Just curious, what is the set-up for your bedside gun ?? I've heard some people sleep with a loaded gun underneath their pillow...yikes !!
What do you plan on doing with it. Throw it at them? I keep it loaded, one in the chamber and 2 spare mags next to it. No, I'm not expecting a war, but being woken up may require a few more shots. Now, my shotgun under the bed is loaded, but not chambered. I want the bad guy to hear me racking that 12ga. if they know what's comming, they may change their mind and leave.
Old 05-16-2013, 16:36   #137
bear62

It's just my wife, my dog and me ..... so we are not concerned about kids at night..... I keep a G23, loaded (and one in the chamber).... plus a flashlight...

I can understand how people with kids have fewer options.
Old 05-16-2013, 16:45   #138
JohnnyE

G23, full mag inserted, chamber empty. I think I'm the first thus far in that I keep it between the mattress and box spring. I rejected nightstand or holster storage, since the bad guy may grab it while I sleep. That's where lots of guns are kept! I don't trust under the pillow since I may get a thumb or finger in there while dreaming and blow my brains out. I don't imagine someone snagging it from between the mattress and box spring while I sleeping on it, but I've kept it there all my life and can grab it in an instant.
Old 05-16-2013, 17:31   #139
Soonerbldr

G23 on the shelf with one in the pipe high up where little hands can not reach (7ft) then back in the safe when I am off to work in the AM. I keep it in my Remora Holster so when I take it in and out of the safe it aids in making sure no AD's happen.
Old 05-16-2013, 17:57   #140
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
G23, full mag inserted, chamber empty. I think I'm the first thus far in that I keep it between the mattress and box spring. I rejected nightstand or holster storage, since the bad guy may grab it while I sleep. That's where lots of guns are kept! I don't trust under the pillow since I may get a thumb or finger in there while dreaming and blow my brains out. I don't imagine someone snagging it from between the mattress and box spring while I sleeping on it, but I've kept it there all my life and can grab it in an instant.
Wow, there are a lot of you guys that think the bad guy is going to be IN YOUR ROOM and then YOU'LL HAVE TO TO DRAW AND SHOOT?

Yikes!

First of all, how about keeping them OUT of your room in the first place, how about keeping them OUT of your abode???

Buy a Chihuahua or a guard parrot or maybe even a good security alarm system? How about good doors and windows and good door lock(s) AND door and window blocks?

Rant over.

I keep my G17L in an old American Security push button handgun safe (which I can open in the dark half asleep) with a full magazine, empty chamber, decocked. I've trained myself to work the action as soon as it comes out of the safe. Attached to the 17L is a Surefire X200 white light.

I also have my G26 (my EDC) in a fanny pack with wallet and creds case in case of 'the big one' hits in the middle of the night when I'm in my chonies.

I've never had to pull the 17L out of the safe for real...I have pulled the G26 twice for people that were banging on my front door. Both 'needed' stuff and both stuck around long enough to end up explaining to the cops what the heck they were doing banging on my door.

I have two Chow mutts in the back which are loud and obnoxious upon noticing anything in the alley...and yes, I have a Chihuahua mutt in the front (gated) patio area that gets kenneled at night in the foyer.

With those precautions I find it hard to believe anybody could get to my bedroom (oh did I mention? I lock my bedroom door!) much less be hovering over me when I wake up. If that ninja does get there, then I figure I'm dead anyway.

JM2C, HR

Closed Thread