Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:59   #1
JJKJR

Failure To Fire

Went to the range last night shooting a Glock 23 an 27, using Military Ballistics .40 180gr FMJ ammo that I purchased during the ammo shortage. I've shot this ammo before without any problems in either gun. This time, I had 6 FTF's with my 27. The Glock 23 performed flawlessly. When I looked at the primer strikes on the bullets that didn't fire they were off center compared to the spent casings of the bullets that fired without problems. I re-fired 5 out of the 6 bullets that FTF with complete success but failed (my fault) to check the primer strikes on those I fired twice. When I returned home I did a complete disassembly of both pistols looking for anything that might effect the firing pin or the firing pin channel. Following reassembly, I went through a complete Field Inspection that I learned in the Glock Armors Class. Both guns passed.

The only thing that is different between the guns is the Slide Cover Plate. The 23 is stock but the 27 has the "Punisher" Slide Cover Plate I purchased from Glockmeister. When I compared the stock plate to the aftermarket one, the stock has a added plastic lip right when the sleeve for the firing pin sits. Do you folks think that the missing lip could be enough to cause FTF's? Of course I went back to the stock Slide Cover Plate and will test my theory when I go back to the range. Has anyone experienced a similar situation with aftermarket Slide Cover Plates? Thanks for your advice. JJKJR
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:09   #2
gamecocks

A different problem, but similar...did you see this thread?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1535862

I wish I actually knew something that could help you, but browsing the forum I saw these two threads about unusual, similar problems and wondered if anything in the other one might help you in any way. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2014, 06:18   #3
Buckshot Barry

When I had the exact same issue with my old Gen 2.5 27, it was the new style RSA Smyrna had replaced when getting replacement night sights. I found the circa 2000 RSA on eBay and haven't had any issues since.
Buckshot Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:25   #4
JJKJR

For whatever reason, the search feature never pulls things up correctly for me. My fault, I'm sure. Gamecocks, I looked at that thread you posted and it's exactly what I've experienced. BB, your situation is similar as well. I should Know better than to mess with stock. The final test will be when I return to the range. Thanks for the assistance. JJKJR
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:42   #5
DJCantonGA

I'll bet the issue will be gone now, keep us posted. I have heard several guys at the range complain of the same problem with aftermarket slide cover plate.

I have shot the MB ammo before, no problems...good stuff. I think I still have some 9mm left.
John 3:16
Matthew 6:34

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote