Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-17-2013, 00:55   #176
BEER
bad example

wow! i guess i'm the only one that still knows how to put his opinion out there without pissing off every single person on the planet then?

not that i give a damn about pissing anybody else off or not. i'm just sayin that there's a way to do things, and a way to NOT do things.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:13   #177
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Thanks you 2 for taking a dump on DWs thread.You folk seem ta think that his carry choices are OTT.I don't,I carry more and we have 5 trucks outfitted the same.Folk in this thread would be astonished about the level of preps in all of our trucks.

I don't post pics,don't/won't wanta know how.I like Bucks set-up and a few others are GTG.We carry 14 days in every truck.I'd agree them there stickers got ta go,and I'd at least have an AWD as a DD.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14   #178
Firecop203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

Here is my setup, I carry
Helmet
My plate carrier vest level V ceramic rifle plates
On the vest is 4 loaded mags
Bayonet
flashlight.
tourniquet
Ifak first aid kit drop leg
Drop leg holster for my Glock 22 with extra mag
Rifle case with Polish under folder and 4 mags
a 3 ltr camel back
Range bag
Polish drop case
2 gallons water one drinking water 1 auto water for the car
The rifle is only in the car when I am.

Let's see your setup

If it were me and I wanted to carry my gear constantly, I'd take all the gun stickers off my car. They are an "attention getter" and may invite someone to break in and help themselves. No bashing intended, but in today's society, keeping a low public profile when traveling prepared may be the wise thing to do.
“Neither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.”
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:25   #179
Green Mountain Boy

5 Trucks 14 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
Thanks you 2 for taking a dump on DWs thread.You folk seem ta think that his carry choices are OTT.I don't,I carry more and we have 5 trucks outfitted the same.Folk in this thread would be astonished about the level of preps in all of our trucks.

I don't post pics,don't/won't wanta know how.I like Bucks set-up and a few others are GTG.We carry 14 days in every truck.I'd agree them there stickers got ta go,and I'd at least have an AWD as a DD.'08.
When you say 5 trucks and 14 days I am assuming you mean 5 trucks with 14 days worth for 1 person each? I am also assuming that is roughly 1 truck for every person and you aren't a family of 3 with two spare trucks.

Regards, GMB

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40   #180
mac66
Plant the seed

My trunk gun is a Marlin 795 with Tech Sights, 5 mags and a bunch of stuff stored in and on the stock. It is kind of a grab and go setup and includes everything I would need to run up to my hunting property, informal plinking, target shooting, vermin control, zombies or hunting. There is 25' of para cord over 10' of duct tape wrapped around the stock. Other than food and water, it has everything I would need to survive. Between the mags, ammo in the stock and fore arm it hold 130 rounds. About 20 rounds are subsonic "quiet" rounds.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

Mags fit on the pouch. The survival stuff fits in the butt stock which includes, foam ear plugs, small first aid kit, cleaning kit, survival tin.The pouch itself contains a compass, light stick, energy bars, Swiss army knife etc.

The Okie Corral

Ammo in the stock and under the fore arm...

The Okie Corral

Fishing kit in the pistol grip-the ear plug is the bobber

The Okie Corral

Last edited by mac66; 05-17-2013 at 07:49..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53   #181
Green Mountain Boy

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
My trunk gun is a Marlin 795 with Tech Sights, 5 mags and a bunch of stuff stored in and on the stock. It is kind of a grab and go setup and includes everything I would need to run up to my hunting property, informal plinking, target shooting, vermin control, zombies or hunting. There is 25' of para cord over 10' of duct tape wrapped around the stock. Other than food and water, it has everything I would need to survive. Between the mags, ammo in the stock and fore arm it hold 130 rounds. About 20 rounds are subsonic "quiet" rounds.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

Mags fit on the pouch. The survival stuff fits in the butt stock which includes, foam ear plugs, small first aid kit, cleaning kit, survival tin.The pouch itself contains a compass, light stick, energy bars, Swiss army knife etc.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
That might be the most practical setup I have seen yet. does the ammo in the forearm affect accuracy or handling?

NECC #64
Old 05-17-2013, 08:10   #182
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
That might be the most practical setup I have seen yet. does the ammo in the forearm affect accuracy or handling?
The rifle is pretty light weight normally. The ammo in both the stock and forearm makes it heavier but helps to stabilize it. I shoot that rifle at Appleseed just the way it is and it is very accurate. The ammo in the fore stock is actually in plastic then wrapped in foil. Aluminum foil will react with and corrode the brass over a period of time with direct contact.

Originally it was intended just to be able to grab and take to the range, hunting, plinking etc with everything in it. I got tired of having to pack up a bunch of stuff to run up to my hunting property or go plinking. So I put ammo, ear plugs, mags in the stock. It kind of evolved into an all inclusive, grab and go survival, do whatever rifle.

Original configuration with just plugs, ammo and mags in the stock. It will hold 5 loaded mags plus 50 extra rounds in the stock.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

While I prefer Ruger 10/22s (I have a bunch of them) but I couldn't pass the 795 up. I bought it a couple years ago when they had a rebate going. It cost me $100 brand new and was literally just thrown in the trunk as a beater. After seeing how accurate it was I added the Tech Sights and a sling. The hollow stock was handy and allowed it to be set up the way it is.

I do have a 10/22 set up similarly but it doesn't have a hollow stock so the pouch carries the survival gear.

Last edited by mac66; 05-17-2013 at 08:18..
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30   #183
bmoore

Quote:

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Well done. Start a business outfitting those 795's. Ive been on the fence about tech sites for my Model 60 for a while now.

Last edited by bmoore; 05-17-2013 at 09:31..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:54   #184
Victoriagotagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Ive been on the fence about tech sites for my Model 60 for a while now.
Get them. I have them on my 10/22 and I shoot it way more now than I did before.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21   #185
Green Mountain Boy

So the hollow stock is standard and you simply modified it accordingly. Darn it now you have me shopping.

Regards, GMB

NECC #64
Old 05-17-2013, 10:26   #186
RonS

Man, I hope that picture was a send up because it screams ROB ME.
Old 05-17-2013, 13:21   #187
baximus

Threads like these make me want to move out of Calfiornia. Who wouldn't want a steering column holster? I'd get shot for that!
baximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 14:04   #188
wjv

Some of these setups are nice, but PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK LOCAL LAWS!!

Most of the pistol setups shown here would be illegal in WA State:

WA State law:
(2)(a)A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and:
(i)
The pistol is on the licensee's person

That means. . No glove box, no back pack, no holster attached to the seat or steering column. It means the gun MUST be on your person.

Granted, I'm willing to bet that most cops would allow you some leeway (gun in jacket pocket and jacket on the passenger seat). But all it takes is one "by the book" cop and you could get into trouble. So PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK LOCAL LAWS before implementing some of these ideas.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 14:06   #189
mac66
Plant the seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
So the hollow stock is standard and you simply modified it accordingly. Darn it now you have me shopping.

Regards, GMB
Yup, and the next generation has a cut down and threaded barrel to make it shorter (16") and for a suppressor. I also cut the stock down 2" so OAL is 4" shorter. The current stock takes down with two screws. I am trying to work out a one thumb screw take down option.

The Okie Corral

Shown with a flash hider on it but without sights yet.

The Okie Corral

BTW, Pro Mag makes a 25 round mag for these things which I have found to work pretty well.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by mac66; 05-17-2013 at 14:08..
Old 05-17-2013, 14:14   #190
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriagotagun View Post
Get them. I have them on my 10/22 and I shoot it way more now than I did before.
Cool thanks.
Old 05-17-2013, 14:31   #191
SGT HATRED

GHB with the normal stuff. Dehydrated foods, tools, change of clothes ect... Also a sub 2k (.40s&w) with 2x22 round mags. Theres also a likely chance I have a G23 as part of my edc.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Old 05-17-2013, 17:24   #192
plp

Some nice setups there, have a Savage 93 .17HMR rigged in a similar manner as a survival rig. My entire vehicle is a combination survey truck/mobile office/first aid station/water buffalo/EDC warehouse. I have a nice generic canvas backpack that carries the essentials of a get home bag, can stock it as needed depending on whether I'm 5 miles or 500 miles from the house. If the smart thing is to stay with the vehicle, I have enough food and water to last about 3 weeks if I am alone and ration it. No high dollar stuff, mainly tuna, granola bars, crackers, sardines, stuff I'll eat for lunch if I'm too far from a restaurant or convenience store at meal time.

A sub 2k is on my list, if they ever return to anything like normal prices again. I've shot both the .40 and 9mm versions, would go with the .40 for the extra umph.

As to the LEO/Civil Rights sub thread. I was raised with the ultimate respect for law enforcement, know y'all have a tough job and personally feel most of those I know locally are great guys, including the one that arrested me last month. I will more than likely see him at the range this weekend, absolutely zero hard feelings, will let him shoot some of my guns and he will let me shoot some of his. I was in the wrong, he was just doing his job.

Having said that, I in no way feel compelled to make his job getting a conviction (which is his job, nothing to do with serving and protecting any more) any easier. I do not consent to anything that I don't have to, although I did voluntarily surrender my carry gun more for safekeeping (with a receipt) than for his benefit. Once again, nothing personal, he is a great guy.

So few of us bother to really understand what the 4th and 5th amendments really mean, and more importantly, WHY they were written as they were. We all pretty much understand the 2nd amendment, and why defense of any chink in that protective wall is necessary. All other rights hinge on the 2nd, without it we are down the road to yet another totalitarian regime.

The steady, constant erosion of the 4th and 5th amendments have gone pretty much unchallenged over the past 50 years. Groups like the ACLU are intentionally made out to be buffoons as they are sponsored by the very ones whom would have us abrogate our Constitutional rights. Any attempt by those of us with a conservative mindset to stand up for our civil liberties gets us immediately lumped in with the left wing moonbats.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 17:30   #193
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Just to reiterate the trunk setup is only there when I go on trips over an hour,other than that and range trips the trunk is EMPTY!
As Stephen F. Roberts so famously said speaking with a Christian apologist "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Dalton Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 18:05   #194
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:

I like what you got going there.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 19:23   #195
Detectorist

http://www.policebrutality.info/2011...car-trunk.html

However, this is my preferred setup:

http://hoboken411.com/archives/25858

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 21:39   #196
C6vetter

DW,

If I'm you, I'm removing the pics of my license plate so that every LEO, FBI, CIA, CYA, WTF, ... doesn't have me on their list! Not to mention folks who might have access to your address through your license plate and have maybe not so good intentions.
C6vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 21:51   #197
Sohryu76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
Well assuming all is legal in your state, and I run your background and you don't have any criminal history that would disqualify you from possessing a weapon, I may just ask a couple basic questions about where you're going or coming from and carry on a polite and friendly conversation while going through my usual procedure. I would mainly be looking to get a feel for your attitude/demeanor and see if you eventually get your story (not that you're lying) mixed up. If you do, that would be a red flag. When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember your story, and believe me, I'll notice if you slip up.
Sheriff, you don't run a background check on every person you stop that has a weapon in their car do you?
And remember what is said at the end here, for later down this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Cops do not administer your rights. You don't get them only after they read them to you post-arrest. You have them all along. You ALWAYS have the right to remain silent. Not just when they tell you. And the more you use silence, the better. With cops, girlfriends and bosses…it comes in handy a LOT! Treat all three the same. Less is best.

No, he doesn't need to see where it is. No, he doesn't need to know if I have one. If I'm not doing anything wrong with it, its none of his or anyone elses' business. Unless he has visual probable cause that crime has been or is about to be committed, it's not his concern. Otherwise its called overzealous and nosey. Alternatively, its a fishing expedition.

Lacking probable cause, he can neither search nor have grounds to obtain a warrant. And if he did, he wouldn't have to ask. He'd be within his rights to search and seize or arrest. So, if they even ask, by default they are on the fishing expedition, thereby also wasting your time. That is NOT what we pay them for.

Real cops know its not the permit holders you have to be worried about. Its' the yuckapucks without permits, or that one maggot in 10,000 who'd lean out the window with a shotgun who's the real trouble.
there are several things wrong with this portion of your post. You have the right to remain silent, but alternatively the police officer does have a right to ask questions. There is no law, at least here in PA, that keeps them from going on a fishing expedition.

What do you pay police officers for? reactive police work? or proactive? You only want them to respond when something happens, not try to prevent it from happening?

An officer going on a fishing expedition may find the fish that was planning on heading into a crowded movie theater, or busy mall, or even a school. Asking questions is not the problem, sure some officers may get overzealous for no reason, but the standard patrolman who is at your window with a valid reason to pull you over and asks a couple questions is not your enemy.

CCW Holders, or any other alphabet soup version of such, are not automatic saints. Even police officers are not automatic saints. We can all agree there. But at least most of them (again in PA at least, all of them) have to pass a psych test. How many CCW holders need one of those before getting a permit? The ability to pass a criminal background check only means you have not done anything yet... or have not been caught.

I would not blame an officer for being a little more on alert approaching a vehicle of a subject that (s)he knows has a good chance of being armed. They want to stay safe just as much as the next guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
No, it would not have been easier. If you had read the whole post, you would have noted why. The extended detail, for those so tedious is, the last time I was pulled over and like a naiive goober i declared and found the weapon confiscated for the conventional BS " officer safety" and the cop entering my car to retrieve it. This extended the the stop long enough to make me late for my appointment before the stop concluded and the weapon returned. Of course every time a weapon is handled the.possibility of an accidental discharge increases so if anything it was further net negative.

That stop generated a complaint to the vsp which resulted in a disciplinary hearing for that trooper. It was also the last time i will ever disclose to a cop.

As for the last stop, the ticket cost nothing. It was dismissed by the commonwealths attorney after a letter to internal affairs covering at least 4 topics was submitted in complaint about the officers conduct, including one of which related to his badgering me about observing my civil rights.

So, short answer, no, and "nothing".
Trying to bring myself in line with this entire post. 1. You had the right to tell the trooper he could not take your gun. Did you refuse to let him into the car and confiscate your weapon? Or did you willingly exit your vehicle and give the trooper permission to seize your weapon?

It sounds like you willingly exited your vehicle and turned your weapon over to the police officer. I'm sure you would have had grounds for a complaint had you had the forethought to post that the trooper laid hands on you and forcibly removed you from your vehicle. THAT would at least make sense for a complaint. Not the officer asked you to exit the vehicle, and the officer asked you to hand over your weapon, and you willingly did so.

Judges can dismiss charges... the District Attorney or the Attorney General can drop the charges filed. (including tickets, even if most likely the tickets are all handled in district courts, which the Attorney General really would not get involved with. Perhaps at best, someone higher up the food chain dropped the ticket with the District Court in which the violation took place.

Nothing you posted here indicates you were badgered by the officer in question. Perhaps you again embellished in your letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
It's hard for me to believe any of the listed BS. Thanks for clarifying though.
It is a bit hard to believe isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead View Post
I'm with Ohio Copper here, G29Reload you soundn like a clown trying to get someone in trouble. When I ask if someone is carrying it is to see what they have, make some small talk.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Go back up to Sheriff's post. The use of small talk is not just to make small talk on a traffic stop. It is to try to catch someone up to no good in a lie.
I've had it used on me in a traffic stop before. I recognize it, and I am okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
Just to reiterate the trunk setup is only there when I go on trips over an hour,other than that and range trips the trunk is EMPTY!
So the SHTF can only happen when you have 1 hour drives or trips to the range?

What do you keep in your trunk the rest of the time?
Sohryu76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:18   #198
jonbondave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon1 View Post
Remember a few years ago when famous harmonica player John Popper was busted when his driver was pulled over for speeding and they smelled pot smoke in the suv? He had a pretty nice collection of stuff in a special drawer and lights on the truck, etc.

The Okie Corral

http://www.thefreshscent.com/wp-cont...straveler1.jpg

The Okie Corral

http://www.thefreshscent.com/wp-cont...straveler2.jpg

http://thefreshscent.com/tag/john-popper/
I always laugh at this because I deal with this guy an awful lot at work, and he's rediculously nice. I mean, rediculously.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:56   #199
plp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbondave View Post
I always laugh at this because I deal with this guy an awful lot at work, and he's rediculously nice. I mean, rediculously.
If you are referring to JP, agreed, met him several times in situations completely removed from music and firearms, super nice guy with no celebrity ego whatsoever.

As far as music goes, virtuoso level harp player, second to none for blues.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:43   #200
C6vetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbondave View Post
Thats what they said about Gacy.

Some of you dudes are not quite right.
C6vetter is offline   Reply With Quote