Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2013, 20:01   #151
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Then shouldn't you be driving something more reliable than a Sunfire?

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 20:08   #152
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I would not. Got over that goober "nothing to hide" mentality after being nice to one too many cops. Nothing to hide, not illegal has nothing to do with it. Getting your weapon seized by an overzealous rookie just playing Show Of Force for the entertainment nuisance of it while I'm delayed further for the exercise ended any further pleasantries. If you want a friend, buy a dog. The police are not your friend.

Best I know it, civil rights should still exist in FL and the other states, including the 4th and 5th Amendments. The last stop I had went something like:

(returning to my car after call in)

Cop: When were you gonna tell me about the concealed weapon permit?
Me: It's not required by VA statute (You have to tell them you have a PERMIT (not the gun) IF they ask in advance. They find out automatically on radio call ins where their mobile terminal asterisks the file with "Driver May Be Legally Armed")
Cop: Well, do you have one on you?
Me: I'm not answering any questions at this time.
Cop: I don't need to see it, I just want to know if you have one, and where it is.
Cop: Fine. Sign here.

Cops do not administer your rights. You don't get them only after they read them to you post-arrest. You have them all along. You ALWAYS have the right to remain silent. Not just when they tell you. And the more you use silence, the better. With cops, girlfriends and bosses…it comes in handy a LOT! Treat all three the same. Less is best.

No, he doesn't need to see where it is. No, he doesn't need to know if I have one. If I'm not doing anything wrong with it, its none of his or anyone elses' business. Unless he has visual probable cause that crime has been or is about to be committed, it's not his concern. Otherwise its called overzealous and nosey. Alternatively, its a fishing expedition.

Lacking probable cause, he can neither search nor have grounds to obtain a warrant. And if he did, he wouldn't have to ask. He'd be within his rights to search and seize or arrest. So, if they even ask, by default they are on the fishing expedition, thereby also wasting your time. That is NOT what we pay them for.

Real cops know its not the permit holders you have to be worried about. Its' the yuckapucks without permits, or that one maggot in 10,000 who'd lean out the window with a shotgun who's the real trouble.

For that reason, I also carry always and never tell:

1. I would never publicize my tag on the internet
2. Despite membership in several pro gun orgs, NO STICKERS. Not interested in the attention of cops or thieves.

Not insecure. Nothing to prove. Don't have to tell the world what I have in weapons, or otherwise. Much is prevented by silence or lack of show. Just sayin, that's how I roll. Low profile. Grey man theory. Nothing to see here, just move along...

Wouldn't it have been easier to say "I have a permit and am carrying a glock 27"? Probably would've gotten your warning and been on your way....

Stick it to the man...that'll teach 'em!

How much did that ticket cost?

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 20:11   #153
sarge1

The Okie Corral
sarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 20:16   #154
sarge1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1 View Post
The Okie Corral
G36 in a fobus hose clamped unless you stick your head under the dash it looks lik a park brake handle, its in my truck so no trunk.
sarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 20:45   #155
Paul7
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post
This is one, in the Toyota pickup.
The Okie Corral

This AK..........
The Okie Corral
.......is in the back of this Ford. With a Ruger 357 next to the driver.
The Okie Corral

This Kel Tec is in the back of the Chevy, with a G19 in the driver's door.
The Okie Corral

I learned a long time ago, a gun that is home in the safe when you need it, is totally useless.

We knew you wouldn't disappoint, M2.
Old 05-16-2013, 20:49   #156
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Wouldn't it have been easier to say "I have a permit and am carrying a glock 27"? Probably would've gotten your warning and been on your way....

Stick it to the man...that'll teach 'em!

How much did that ticket cost?
No, it would not have been easier. If you had read the whole post, you would have noted why. The extended detail, for those so tedious is, the last time I was pulled over and like a naiive goober i declared and found the weapon confiscated for the conventional BS " officer safety" and the cop entering my car to retrieve it. This extended the the stop long enough to make me late for my appointment before the stop concluded and the weapon returned. Of course every time a weapon is handled the.possibility of an accidental discharge increases so if anything it was further net negative.

That stop generated a complaint to the vsp which resulted in a disciplinary hearing for that trooper. It was also the last time i will ever disclose to a cop.

As for the last stop, the ticket cost nothing. It was dismissed by the commonwealths attorney after a letter to internal affairs covering at least 4 topics was submitted in complaint about the officers conduct, including one of which related to his badgering me about observing my civil rights.

So, short answer, no, and "nothing".
Old 05-16-2013, 21:05   #157
Ohio Copper

Quote:
No, it would not have been easier. If you had read the whole post, you would have noted why. The extended detail, for those so tedious is, the last time I was pulled over and like a naiive goober i declared and found the weapon confiscated for the conventional BS " officer safety" and the cop entering my car to retrieve it. This extended the the stop long enough to make me late for my appointment before the stop concluded and the weapon returned. Of course every time a weapon is handled the.possibility of an accidental discharge increases so if anything it was further net negative.

That stop generated a complaint to the vsp which resulted in a disciplinary hearing for that trooper. It was also the last time i will ever disclose to a cop.

As for the last stop, the ticket cost nothing. It was dismissed by the commonwealths attorney after a letter to internal affairs covering at least 4 topics was submitted in complaint about the officers conduct, including one of which related to his badgering me about observing my civil rights.

So, short answer, no, and "nothing".
It's hard for me to believe any of the listed BS. Thanks for clarifying though.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-16-2013, 21:11   #158
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I really dont appreciate being called a liar by someone who thinks he can do so on the basis of no information whatsoever. Given your handle it also validates my point of not talking to people you dont need to.

And i really dont care otherwise what you think of my actual experiences.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:02   #159
Ohio Copper

Quote:
I really dont appreciate being called a liar by someone who thinks he can do so on the basis of no information whatsoever. Given your handle it also validates my point of not talking to people you dont need to.

And i really dont care otherwise what you think of my actual experiences.

I never called you a liar but I digress.

I've got your side of the story; I can't help but wonder what the other half has to say....

Either way, this topic has nothing to do with which you ranted on. You wanna go at it; feel free to start a post in PI or something.

My G27 stays on my hip or a cargo pocket while in my truck. I have a reload(s), flex cuffs and a mag light inside my truck at all times.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 05-16-2013 at 22:03..
Old 05-16-2013, 22:20   #160
puckhead

I'm with Ohio Copper here, G29Reload you soundn like a clown trying to get someone in trouble. When I ask if someone is carrying it is to see what they have, make some small talk.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 22:21   #161
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

Either way, this topic has nothing to do with which you ranted on.
You asked. Don't complain when you get your answer.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:24   #162
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I never called you a liar but I digress.
You called it BS and that was sufficient.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:28   #163
Ohio Copper

Quote:
You called it BS and that was sufficient.

It reeks of it, I will not apologize for calling it like it is.

You contacted IA because of his questioning and no civil rights violation? You'd get laughed at and hung up on here.

You also had an IA investigation resulting in reprimand purely over a phone call?!?

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-16-2013, 22:28   #164
Huaco Kid

Quote:
I recently posted the most bs'ish story, evar. Sometimes, the story with the less details are a little bit more believable.

In my case, I was wearing my hat, also, so it was a null.
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 22:31   #165
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead View Post
I'm with Ohio Copper here,
No surprise from the blue wall.

Quote:
G29Reload you soundn like a clown
I can already see you're exactly why I don't talk to cops anymore with your loathesome view of people observing their civil rights.

Quote:
trying to get someone in trouble.
Observing my side of the enforcement equation when those on the other side fail to observe the rules and the rights their employers (citizens) demand when they're allocated power to enforce. If you're really a cop, you don't appreciate violent resistance. Why? Because its uncivil and there are other avenues, like discussing it in court, or with your superiors or regulatory bodies at a later and more convenient date in a more civilized fashion. So don't complain about the former then mock when the latter method is used.

Quote:
When I ask if someone is carrying it is to see what they have, make some small talk.
I don't exist to play Regis and Cathy Lee for your entertainment, or to amuse you when you're between donuts looking for something that's none of your business. I've got things to do.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:35   #166
Ohio Copper

Quote:
No surprise from the blue wall.

I can already see you're exactly why I don't talk to cops anymore with your loathesome view of people observing their civil rights.

Observing my side of the enforcement equation when those on the other side fail to observe the rules and the rights their employers (citizens) demand when they're allocated power to enforce. If you're really a cop, you don't appreciate violent resistance. Why? Because its uncivil and there are other avenues, like discussing it in court, or with your superiors or regulatory bodies at a later and more convenient date in a more civilized fashion. So don't complain about the former then mock when the latter method is used.

I don't exist to play Regis and Cathy Lee for your entertainment, or to amuse you when you're between donuts looking for something that's none of your business. I've got things to do.

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

You conveniently ignore several questions and when you're called on your BS, you get upset.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 05-16-2013 at 22:38..
Old 05-16-2013, 22:37   #167
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco Kid View Post
I recently posted the most bs'ish story, evar. Sometimes, the story with the less details are a little bit more believable.

In my case, I was wearing my hat, also, so it was a null.

It's like dividing by zero.

If I wear my hat, have an arrest warrant (probable cause) and I've called the individual ahead of time to find out if their home (thus making an appointment), are all bets off?

If so, TASER TASER TASER!!!

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 05-16-2013 at 22:37..
Old 05-16-2013, 22:39   #168
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
It reeks of it, I will not apologize for calling it like it is.

You contacted IA because of his questioning and no civil rights violation? You'd get laughed at and hung up on here.

You also had an IA investigation resulting in reprimand purely over a phone call?!?
You're clearly not reading what I wrote.

A. There was a list of things on the former, and badgering is not questioning.

B. Second item you referenced was a traffic stop, not a phone call. Pay attention. You need to be good at that when you do stuff like…investigations. Evidence collection and little things like that.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:42   #169
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

You conveniently ignore several questions and when you're called on your BS, you get upset.
You seem to be good at projecting on others your own weaknesses. Any reasonable person would observe that I not only didn't ignore your questions, I enumerated responses in explicit detail, which seems to have made YOU upset.

I am merely amused at your reaction. And happy to set the record straight.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:46   #170
Ohio Copper

Quote:
You're clearly not reading what I wrote.

A. There was a list of things on the former, and badgering is not questioning.

B. Second item you referenced was a traffic stop, not a phone call. Pay attention. You need to be good at that when you do stuff like…investigations. Evidence collection and little things like that.

My apologies, it was a letter not a phone call.

Quote:

As for the last stop, the ticket cost nothing. It was dismissed by the commonwealths attorney after a letter to internal affairs covering at least 4 topics was submitted in complaint about the officers conduct, including one of which related to his badgering me about observing my civil rights
Also,

Quote:
Cop: When were you gonna tell me about the concealed weapon permit?
Me: It's not required by VA statute (You have to tell them you have a PERMIT (not the gun) IF they ask in advance. They find out automatically on radio call ins where their mobile terminal asterisks the file with "Driver May Be Legally Armed")
Cop: Well, do you have one on you?
Cop: I don't need to see it, I just want to know if you have one, and where it is.
Cop: Fine. Sign here
I'd hardly consider that 'badgering'.

Quote:
Real cops know its not the permit holders you have to be worried about. Its' the yuckapucks without permits, or that one maggot in 10,000 who'd lean out the window with a shotgun who's the real trouble.
Hardly true. I have seen and dealt with multiple CCW holders who decided to get piss drunk and drive around. CCW permit does not always equal good guy. Guess who no longer has their permits???

I did not slander you at all, I called your story BS.
Now you are attacking me. Typical.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-16-2013, 22:49   #171
Ohio Copper

Quote:
You seem to be good at projecting on others your own weaknesses. Any reasonable person would observe that I not only didn't ignore your questions, I enumerated responses in explicit detail, which seems to have made YOU upset.

I am merely amused at your reaction. And happy to set the record straight.

Any reasonable person would see you're so full of it, it's pouring out your orifices.

Keep being a civil rights fighter though!

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-16-2013, 22:52   #172
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Hardly true. I have seen and dealt with multiple CCW holders who decided to get piss drunk and drive around. CCW permit does not always equal good guy. Guess who no longer has their permits???

I did not slander you at all, I called your story BS.
Now you are attacking me. Typical.
I'd dare say the subset of permit holders who do that is slight. By the stats, the universe of permit holders vs the universe of LEO's, the LEO's get in a lot more trouble.

You called it BS which is an attack in itself. On top of having no other knowledge other than what I conveyed, you pretend that you know more, when you don't. That would be a fact, not an attack. As in, we've never met, which means anything you're proffering above and beyond what I've already said means you're talking out of your hat. On the basis of no information what so ever. Speculating based on your biases and nothing more.
Old 05-16-2013, 22:57   #173
Ohio Copper

Quote:
I'd dare say the subset of permit holders who do that is slight. By the stats, the universe of permit holders vs the universe of LEO's, the LEO's get in a lot more trouble.

You called it BS which is an attack in itself. On top of having no other knowledge other than what I conveyed, you pretend that you know more, when you don't. That would be a fact, not an attack. As in, we've never met, which means anything you're proffering above and beyond what I've already said means you're talking out of your hat. On the basis of no information what so ever. Speculating based on your biases and nothing more.
Whose statistics? The news media? State wide? County wide? What? Please show me those statistics.

On its face, your story is BS. You may believe it, you may have embellished.

I'm speculating based on my experience here, in GNG. And your anti-LE postings.

We can go all night.

I am a police officer in the State of OHIO, what is it you do for a living?

Benjamin Franklin
Old 05-16-2013, 23:05   #174
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Whose statistics? The news media? State wide? County wide? What? Please show me those statistics.

On its face, your story is BS. You may believe it, you may have embellished.

I'm speculating based on my experience here, in GNG. And your anti-LE postings.

We can go all night.

I am a police officer in the State of OHIO, what is it you do for a living?
I believe it was a study done with the state of FL awhile back. ITs been a few years so I can't make specific attribution. The upshot was the CHPs were getting in less trouble statistically than LEO's.

I don't have any anti LE postings. Rarely touch the topic. Just stated that I don't say much anymore, and it is working out much better that way. I answered your questions here, so consider yourself lucky!

And no, we can't go all night. I'm not gonna allow you to turn the vehicle thread into a pissing match or indulge your disrespectful view of civilians any further, so I'm calling it a day here.
Old 05-16-2013, 23:09   #175
Ohio Copper

Quote:
I believe it was a study done with the state of FL awhile back. ITs been a few years so I can't make specific attribution. The upshot was the CHPs were getting in less trouble statistically than LEO's.

I don't have any anti LE postings. Rarely touch the topic. Just stated that I don't say much anymore, and it is working out much better that way. I answered your questions here, so consider yourself lucky!

And no, we can't go all night. I'm not gonna allow you to turn the vehicle thread into a pissing match or indulge your disrespectful view of civilians any further, so I'm calling it a day here.

I don't think calling you on your BS is being disrespectful. I do it daily. I'm still waiting for those stats...you said it, not me.

Benjamin Franklin