Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2013, 21:43   #1
Banks727

Glock Customer Service

I'm new to the board and I'm sure it's been posted a thousand times, but today I went to the Smyrna Glock factory and had the most amazing experience.

After checking in with the guard at the gate, he directed me to the where the armorers would be. I didn't even make it out of my car and the armorer was waiting for me with a greeting. He went over the gun ( 6 week old Glock 19 gen 4). I was there to put night sights on and asked about putting an extended slide lock lever on. I had been putting a small amount of oil on the main spring after watching several cleaning videos. He said that was bad advice. He spent 10 minutes giving me instruction on operation and cleaning techniques.

He then took the gun back and 20 minutes later came back with the new sights, extended slide lock, new spring and an extra one, and a Team Glock hat. Way above and beyond what was required. He spent so much time with me, like I was the only person he had to deal with today. Out the door for $57.

I was absolutely amazed at the level of customer service they provided me today. I left a real Glock company fan. I'm not sure how many armorers they had working today. I saw three performing this service. I left thinking, what great advertising this is for their company. I have to say other companies could really learn something from them.
If you're any where near them, it's well worth the trip.
Banks727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:32   #2
mainegunner

Glock

Sounds like a good day to me. Wish i lived closer
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03   #3
Arnold Kuhl

Glock CS

They should hire a whole battalion of armorers and put them on the phones.

We are glad you had a good experience in person. A rare thing nowadays.

AK
Arnold Kuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28   #4
GRT45
Transform & Win

Welcome to Glock Talk.

It's good that the Glock, Inc. Armorer could spend some time with you to explain pistol lubrication and cleaning procedures. Like most info on the Internet, there are Glock-related videos with good advice and videos with bad advice. Spread the word on information you viewed that followed the advice of the Armorer and steer people away from info that was incorrect.

Thanks for the report. Great first post at Glock Talk!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 05-11-2013 at 17:08..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:43   #5
SCmasterblaster

When I move to TN, I'll have to go down there.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29   #6
SARDG

Banks- The real problem with YouTube videos is that - if you have to watch the video, then you likely don't know what you don't know. This leads to actually following the advice on these videos - some of which is good, most of which is bad. YouTubes are like a perennial joke to Glock employees and active Certified Glock Armorers. It's all the way.

You can simply RTFM (uh, read the manual...) and find out how to lube your gun. I believe that the Glock manuals also still contain an exploded view where you will find that the part you are referring to as slide lock, is in fact the slide stop. Glock doesn't manufacture an extended slide lock.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote