SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 20:35   #201
SgtScott31

Quote:
I would never violate anyone's rights and if you would read you would see that I am not. If they don't exercise their right by asking me to leave VERBALLY as required by state law to exercise their right then I am not violating their right, because they are not exercising it. If they ask me to leave, I comply tthus again not violating their rights because once they exercise their right of control I comply.

You are WRONG. You seem to think that just because it's not a criminal charge it's completely ok to trample on people.

Just because you are not actually violating state law does NOT mean you're not violating their rights. They have a sign up. They don't want guns on their property PERIOD. Just because they don't verbally tell you doesn't mean you get a free pass on their account. You're just too ignorant and pompus to swallow it. The only thing you're doing is reinforcing their idea that people like you who carry guns don't respect other people and their choices. He will tell you to leave and tell everyone else how gun owners/carriers are in his eyes.

It's like letting your neighbor's dog sh** in your yard. You put up a sign for no dogs allowed, but since you don't verbally tell your neighbor I guess he has free reign to let his dog sh** where he pleases. After all since he's not breaking the law he's not violating YOUR rights as a property owner. Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? If not, you'll never understand. Pull that crap in TN and I'll gladly lock you up on principle.

Last edited by SgtScott31; 05-17-2013 at 20:36..
Old 05-17-2013, 20:56   #202
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScott31 View Post
You are WRONG. You seem to think that just because it's not a criminal charge it's completely ok to trample on people.

Just because you are not actually violating state law does NOT mean you're not violating their rights. They have a sign up. They don't want guns on their property PERIOD. Just because they don't verbally tell you doesn't mean you get a free pass on their account. You're just too ignorant and pompus to swallow it. The only thing you're doing is reinforcing their idea that people like you who carry guns don't respect other people and their choices. He will tell you to leave and tell everyone else how gun owners/carriers are in his eyes.

It's like letting your neighbor's dog sh** in your yard. You put up a sign for no dogs allowed, but since you don't verbally tell your neighbor I guess he has free reign to let his dog sh** where he pleases. After all since he's not breaking the law he's not violating YOUR rights as a property owner. Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? If not, you'll never understand. Pull that crap in TN and I'll gladly lock you up on principle.
(removed by Ryan WA)

The difference is I never opened up my property to the general public thus the laws and my rights are different from that of a business owner. Good try but your logic failed.

You can say what you want but the law has spoken. I have not violated anyone's rights and I have a clear Conscience no matter what you say. You are as bad as the anti-gunners, no worse.

EDIT: Sorry for the initial reply SgtScott31. I got defensive on that one and crossed the line.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-17-2013 at 22:18..
Old 05-17-2013, 21:09   #203
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan WA View Post
You better have a charge that will stick cuz you want to pull that I will have your badge simple as that.

Just like a cop to be an arrogant jackass. Why don't you just go pull your gun on somebody at the McDonalds drive though already.

And the difference is I never opened up my property to the general public thus the laws and my rights are different from that of a business owner. Good try but your logic failed.

Your prejudice and bias is showing, Not to mention immaturity.

I have a feeling you are only about 1/2propelled by any concern about CCW and the other half is an "itch" to insult Cops.
Old 05-17-2013, 21:29   #204
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Your prejudice and bias is showing, Not to mention immaturity.

I have a feeling you are only about 1/2propelled by any concern about CCW and the other half is an "itch" to insult Cops.
(removed by Ryan WA)

Actually it had nothing to do with him being a cop and everything to do with the content of his reply. None the less I should not have said what I did.

Or better yet lets forget about eh store owner's rights for just a sec and consider this...

If someone was CCWing in the movie theater in Aurora, CO when it was shot up I imagine lifes' would have been saved, despite the amazingly quick police response. But there was a no guns sign...does not the right to life trump it all? Not really the point I am trying to make but it is another way to look at it. Maybe there is a higher end goal. I know I carry not just to protect myself but other patrons of the establishment and the staff there. I could have a clear exist to protect myself from what's happening but I would stay to intervene with my gun.

Just another thought.

Also I will say to SgtScott31 that my initial reaction to his post was too harsh and I apologize for my reply.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-17-2013 at 22:20..
Old 05-17-2013, 22:56   #205
SgtScott31

It's not arrogance to respect a property owner's rights. Being open to the public has nothing to do with it. It's private property whether it's open to the public or not. The courts hold property rights higher than anything you can ever do as a gun carrier.

If you open your house up as a business the same question applies. You can't tell me that just because you open up to the public you no longer have the same rights as anyone else who owns property. That the person who owns that property should go above and beyond to force you off his land/out of his building. The legislation, by passing the law, simply said it doesn't reach criminal ramifications until you refuse to leave. That doesn't mean what you're doing isn't wrong. It simply means the state will not pursue the matter criminally if you disobey a sign. The owner has every right to walk right up and ban you from property for disobeying the sign. In the process you leave a negative image on other gun owners/carriers.

AGAIN, YOU LEAVE A NEGATIVE IMAGE ON OTHER GUN OWNERS/CARRIERS. I have said it before and I will say it again, you guys are your own worst enemy.

**On a side note, there are very few things that change regarding the laws between private homes and private property open to the public. When you take property, contract, constitutional and tort law in law school (as I have) you learn a thing or two about property rights.

Last edited by SgtScott31; 05-17-2013 at 23:00..
Old 05-17-2013, 23:15   #206
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScott31 View Post
It's not arrogance to respect a property owner's rights. Being open to the public has nothing to do with it. It's private property whether it's open to the public or not. The courts hold property rights higher than anything you can ever do as a gun carrier.

If you open your house up as a business the same question applies. You can't tell me that just because you open up to the public you no longer have the same rights as anyone else who owns property. That the person who owns that property should go above and beyond to force you off his land/out of his building. The legislation, by passing the law, simply said it doesn't reach criminal ramifications until you refuse to leave. That doesn't mean what you're doing isn't wrong. It simply means the state will not pursue the matter criminally if you disobey a sign. The owner has every right to walk right up and ban you from property for disobeying the sign. In the process you leave a negative image on other gun owners/carriers.

AGAIN, YOU LEAVE A NEGATIVE IMAGE ON OTHER GUN OWNERS/CARRIERS. I have said it before and I will say it again, you guys are your own worst enemy.

**On a side note, there are very few things that change regarding the laws between private homes and private property open to the public. When you take property, contract, constitutional and tort law in law school (as I have) you learn a thing or two about property rights.
No right's are violated. Simple as that. Just because you refuse to admit that means....NOTHING!
Old 05-17-2013, 23:27   #207
wprebeck
Got quacks?

I would refer you to the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution for a clarification of from whence my rights originate. Those documents do NOT grant rights - rather, they recognize that man has certain inalienable rights, and lays restrictions upon what the GOVERNMENT can do to abridge those rights.

In other words, my right to self defense is a natural one, given to me by my Creator, and since firearms were the most effective means of self defense even then, the Founding Fathers ensured the government would not be able to restrict the right to bear arms.

Same with the ability to speak my mind, or any other number of rights that are RECOGNIZED, NOT GRANTED, by the Constitution. You are a rude little man who fails to understand this, or even the faintest hint of polite behavior. That much is evident.
Old 05-18-2013, 00:36   #208
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
I would refer you to the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution for a clarification of from whence my rights originate. Those documents do NOT grant rights - rather, they recognize that man has certain inalienable rights, and lays restrictions upon what the GOVERNMENT can do to abridge those rights.

In other words, my right to self defense is a natural one, given to me by my Creator, and since firearms were the most effective means of self defense even then, the Founding Fathers ensured the government would not be able to restrict the right to bear arms.

Same with the ability to speak my mind, or any other number of rights that are RECOGNIZED, NOT GRANTED, by the Constitution. You are a rude little man who fails to understand this, or even the faintest hint of polite behavior. That much is evident.
Oh the celestial being in the sky...i forgot. I'm sure 9 out of 10 scientists would disagree with you about he existence of such a being.

So are you saying if "God" doesn't exist we have no rights? How can his existence be proven to prove the existence of these rights?

Or Our rights are established, defined, and restricted by the law. Where there is a absolute this is your right and this is not. Rights from the the supreme LAW of the land...the constitution and other laws, the the supreme being of the land. Rights have to be absolute or they are worthless. The law is absolute.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-18-2013 at 00:53..
Old 05-18-2013, 00:53   #209
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Please read the Declaration of Independence, and then tell me if my post sounds familiar.
Old 05-18-2013, 00:58   #210
Ryan WA

You didn't answer my question...are you saying if "God" doesn't exist we have no rights?

A right that is relative is meaningless, its needs to be absolute. Seems like a simple concept to me. A concept of a God true or not is not an absolute (well it is in the sense that he either exists or does not, but the answer is not something we will every know with any certainty) and the concept of God defiantly is not universal.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-18-2013 at 01:05..
Old 05-18-2013, 02:50   #211
wprebeck
Got quacks?

This isn't a religious debate - I simply paraphrased one of the documents that helped to found our nation. That should have answered your question as to where our rights originate.

Further, one need not believe in God to possess the natural rights that are due each of us by virtue of being alive and free.

Government does not grant rights...they may allow privileges, but the right to free speech or to bear arms is incumbent within us all and needs no law allowing one to exercise such right. That is your problem - you believe that, in order to exist, a right must be granted by the government and codified into law. How pathetic - and that comment is coming from a government official.

Last edited by wprebeck; 05-18-2013 at 02:51..
Old 05-18-2013, 06:28   #212
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

If he hasn't realized his utter lack of knowledge by now, he's not going to. Only time and a little more experience/maturity is likely to help.
Quote:
Please read the Declaration of Independence, and then tell me if my post sounds familiar.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:33   #213
rockapede

Quote:
No right's are violated. Simple as that. Just because you refuse to admit that means....NOTHING!
His (store owner's) right not to have an armed individual in his store when he doesn't want one there is violated. IT'S HIS PROPERTY. Are you really so dense that you can't understand that? Or are you just so self-centered as to have decided only your "rights" matter and to hell with everyone else?

-Edward Conlon
Old 05-18-2013, 09:33   #214
Ryan WA

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
His (store owner's) right not to have an armed individual in his store when he doesn't want one there is violated. IT'S HIS PROPERTY. Are you really so dense that you can't understand that? Or are you just so self-centered as to have decided only your "rights" matter and to hell with everyone else?
Your right, there is that what you wanted to hear. Does that help your ego?

Oh wait you're not because the law has established what a store owner must do the EXERCISE his RIGHT, and a sign does not cut it. If the owner is not exercising his right as the law requires I cannot violate the right because he is failing to exercise it.

In the same way I have a right to bear arms. If I don't buy a gun I am not exercising my right and have no claim to infringement on said right.

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-18-2013 at 09:34..
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37   #215
Bruce M

Quote:
I wonder what a store owner who has posted a sign would say if asked whether he felt his rights are violated by someone entering with a gun despite the sign?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:40   #216
Bruce M

Quote:

Oh wait you're not because the law has established what a store owner must do the EXERCISE his RIGHT, and a sign does not cut it. ...
Does the law say that is what he must do to exercise his right or does the law say that is what must be done before a criminal charge can be had?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:51   #217
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I wonder what a store owner who has posted a sign would say if asked whether he felt his rights are violated by someone entering with a gun despite the sign?
I can say my rights are violated for anything, doesn't mean they were.

Abiding by the sign is not a rights thing...its a respect thing. Sorry though I have a hard time respecting someone or a company who thinks a no guns sign makes them safer. I have a hard time respecting alot of companies based on different corporate actions and policies mostly not even gun related. But most importantly I have a hard time respecting someone or a company who shows be obvious and direct disrespect and has been displayed in this thread.

So tell me why should I respect their sign. You want respect...show it. I show respect to everyone until they don't show me respect, goes for companies as well. You may not like it, well too bad. Because in case you haven;t noticed I don't give a damn what you think. I don't care if you want to look down your nose at me and make yourself feel superior because you don't do "that".

Last edited by Ryan WA; 05-18-2013 at 09:53..
Old 05-18-2013, 09:58   #218
RussP

Quote:
In the same way I have a right to bear arms. If I don't buy a gun I am not exercising my right and have no claim to infringement on said right.
Thank you so very much!!!

Sir, he bought, he leased his real property. At that point he placed a sign on the property prohibiting certain behavior. That is, he exercised his Right as a property owner, lessee to control his property.

You exercise your Right to keep and bear arms. He exercises his right to control his property.

The law only provides tools to enforce those Rights. It doesn't say, the Right does not exist until another takes some action.

The Right exists. It exists before you arrive at the threshold of the property.

You exercise your Right by owning and carrying your firearm.

He exercises his right by posting notice about the conditions required for using his property. THAT is his Right. His tool to enforce that Right is the trespass law.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06   #219
Ryan WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
...He exercises his right to control his property...
Yes by asking those he does not wish to have on his property to leave. A sign does not do that.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:16   #220
rockapede

Quote:
Yes by asking those he does not wish to have on his property to leave. A sign does not do that.
No, the sign CAN'T do that because it's already asked you not to come in to begin with.

Look, nobody's saying they like businesses that prohibit guns, but come on! This is not that hard to understand.

-Edward Conlon

Last edited by rockapede; 05-18-2013 at 10:20..

Closed Thread