Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:12   #41
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
Here in Michigan it is legal to open carry in a school if you have cpl, but it's kind of a loophole in the law and just a matter of time before it will be illegal. The more people that test this in schools and obviously have police come with guns drawn, the sooner it will be illegal. The public is not going to go for people open carrying guns in schools with everything going on these days.
I also see what you mean if conceal is not an option, then I would open carry too verses not carrying at all.
I think you should give more credit to "the public". I believe there are more sensible folks than retards. The retards just get a louder voice because they have the support of the MSM and administration....for now.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:54   #42
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
The more people that test this, just to prove a point, will be the downfall of the loophole in the law that, for the time being, makes this still legal.
It was already on the chopping block to be closed in the last round of gun law changes which Snyder did not sign.

Its on the radar.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 14:46   #43
Lord

Quote:
What would be one good reason for doing such a thing in the first place? I see no advantage what so ever. Unless, of course, your trying to prove a point. And being how the liberals think, it will not just be open carrying in a school that they want to make illegal. They'll try other circumstances as well.
One good reason is the same as why you have a permit to carry. Another good reason is the same as why you have the right to keep and bear. Another good reason is the first amendment. another is the second. then the third...

27 pretty good reasons. Why have a right if it's not used or exercised. Give me one good reason why one shouldn't exercise their rights.
Old 05-10-2013, 15:34   #44
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
I think you should give more credit to "the public". I believe there are more sensible folks than retards. The retards just get a louder voice because they have the support of the MSM and administration....for now.
Yes, id like to give more credit, until this last election results. More than majority fell for the liberal msm bull****.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:36   #45
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
It was already on the chopping block to be closed in the last round of gun law changes which Snyder did not sign.

Its on the radar.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Wow. I did not know that.
Old 05-10-2013, 15:47   #46
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
One good reason is the same as why you have a permit to carry. Another good reason is the same as why you have the right to keep and bear. Another good reason is the first amendment. another is the second. then the third...

27 pretty good reasons. Why have a right if it's not used or exercised. Give me one good reason why one shouldn't exercise their rights.
I'm 100% for law abiding citizens having the right to carry firearms. However, the majority of the public will NEVER be comfortable with other citizens OPEN CARRYING in public, certainly not public schools where children are. I can carry anywhere here, but choose never to open carry, partially for this reason and more so because its just not sound safe tactics. And I fear that the more open carry there is where citizens call the police (the majority of the time) it will not only be open carry that the lib's target, but ccw as well. And we all know that the msm is definately not on our side on this one.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:26   #47
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
I'm 100% for law abiding citizens having the right to carry firearms. However, the majority of the public will NEVER be comfortable with other citizens OPEN CARRYING in public, certainly not public schools where children are. I can carry anywhere here, but choose never to open carry, partially for this reason and more so because its just not sound safe tactics. And I fear that the more open carry there is where citizens call the police (the majority of the time) it will not only be open carry that the lib's target, but ccw as well. And we all know that the msm is definately not on our side on this one.
How do you know the majority will not accept it? That's a very blanket generic statement/opinion. I think you are wrong. I haven't had any issues with MWG while open carrying. And from the LEOs in my area, they haven't responded to very many over the last several years. Your presumption seems to be an internal fear you have; not factual.

The second underline part is the point...it is a choice. You choose not to, I choose to do so. Why should I not? Because YOU have feeling otherwise? Of course not.

To the third underlined.....Why isn't it safe tactics?

More open carry will effect CCW? Not sure I follow that train of thought. In my state it isn't so. Our legislators just passed open carry with a CCW in those places a municipality has prohibited it. they also just reduce the CCW age to 19. they also allowed teachers to carry in school.

So, no offense, you reasoning doesn't hold a lot of water with my state.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10   #48
Crypsis

Some gunowners are our own worst enemies and might as well campaign for the anti-gunners for all the good they do.

How can anyone with a brain cell complain when someone OC's because, "It might get banned". If no one is OCing for that reason, then it already is banned by default. Get a clue.

When someone complains that, "The more people OC, the more complaints there are going to be by scared people." How do think the public will ever get conditioned to see guns as normal if they don't ever get used to seeing them?

When somone says, "I CC and would never OC and you shouldn't either", they are as bad as the liberal politicians who say, "I can own a gun and have bodyguards but you can't." Freedom means not restricting other peoples choices even if you don't agree with them. Don't spout off about being Pro-2A if you don't want people to OC because that would make you a disgusting hypocrite only believing in the 2A as it suits you. Just like Fudds saying they are Pro-2A but don't think people should own ARs or standard capacity magazines.

One of the worst complaints on this thread is that the guy in the news report and everyone else has no conceivable business carrying at all in a school. You are the reason why Pistol-free zones exist and why we now have victim-only zones for mass-murderers!
Crypsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40   #49
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Yes, id like to give more credit, until this last election results. More than majority fell for the liberal msm bull****.
I do not believe obummer "won", on the up and up. I believe many "votes" were rigged.
He did not win in any districts where voter ID is required.
MANY precincts reported over 100% of the votes were returned (Ohio and Florida to name the ones I read about). Supposedly EVERY precinct in Philadelphia went 100% for you-know-who. No, I do NOT believe this last "election" was anything of the sort.
Ron Simms was in charge of voting, for King County (Seattle), WA, when the governors race was stolen from a Republican after three recounts, which were not recounts, but had added "found" votes.
When obummer "won" the first time, he promptly put Ron Simms on his cabinet. Most likely figuring 'if a Governor's race can be fixed, why not a Presidency'.
Am I skeptical of the entire system? YES! Heck! I don't hardly watch sprts any, because I think that is all rigged too.
Old 05-13-2013, 13:30   #50
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
Good story, I like it

I don't open carry but occasionally I'll see someone who is.
I respect that, and I usually think to myself "that's pretty cool"
I OC into NH because I don't have the $100 CCW license yet. No one seems to care much.
Old 05-13-2013, 16:34   #51
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsis View Post
Some gunowners are our own worst enemies and might as well campaign for the anti-gunners for all the good they do.

How can anyone with a brain cell complain when someone OC's because, "It might get banned". If no one is OCing for that reason, then it already is banned by default. Get a clue.

When someone complains that, "The more people OC, the more complaints there are going to be by scared people." How do think the public will ever get conditioned to see guns as normal if they don't ever get used to seeing them?

When somone says, "I CC and would never OC and you shouldn't either", they are as bad as the liberal politicians who say, "I can own a gun and have bodyguards but you can't." Freedom means not restricting other peoples choices even if you don't agree with them. Don't spout off about being Pro-2A if you don't want people to OC because that would make you a disgusting hypocrite only believing in the 2A as it suits you. Just like Fudds saying they are Pro-2A but don't think people should own ARs or standard capacity magazines.

One of the worst complaints on this thread is that the guy in the news report and everyone else has no conceivable business carrying at all in a school. You are the reason why Pistol-free zones exist and why we now have victim-only zones for mass-murderers!

I realize that it is not representative of all states and all political circumstances but open carrying certainly did not work as well as one might have hoped in California. I think that type of political result is what some of the "hypocrites" fear. Some of these fights will be won with what happens and influences those in the middle who are neither especially for gun rights or especially for gun control.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:02   #52
Lord

Quote:
you know, LET the citizens (the dumb***es that they are) call the police. You know what that would mean? that means that the word would get out. "Law abiding citizens are legally carrying firearms where criminals would normally think is a gun free zone". sounds like a good method of deterrence to me.

Fear is not an option for exercising rights. If we succumb to fear, then the gun control idiots win by nothing more than default. The more we back down, the more likely they are to try to impose more. Sorry, but that's not an option for me. If it is for you, then maybe you should join the ranks of the sheeple.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15   #53
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Old 05-14-2013, 21:18   #54
xmanhockey7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recalcitrant View Post
Wasn't doing it to prove a point? Isn't that EXACTLY what he was doing? Now, it's fine if you agree with his point, but he was certainly aiming to prove one.

He notified various law enforcement agencies and recorded it for publication. Parents don't typically do that when they go to pick up their children. This wasn't causal happenstance that just ended up on Youtube somehow.
The purpose of recording is so if he ends up in court for any number of reasons there will be video and audio evidence of what happened.
Old 05-14-2013, 21:54   #55
NMG26

“I am not in handcuffs,” the father says in the video as he makes his way to his car. “How about that? Exercise your rights.”

Just make sure you call first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 22:41   #56
PhotoFeller

I'm still trying to figure out why any mature adult would open carry in a school just because he/she can. What, beyond the 'cool' factor, is accomplished?

Did this chap favorably impress the school administration, other students' parents, the cops, the local citizens or any audience simply because he understands the current law and open carried because he can do so legally? Did he advance the cause for firearm owners in general in a lasting way?

My personal opinion is that acts like this are viewed by the general public as 'showing off' at best and 'threatening' at worst. Not many will think "There is a citizen exercising his right to bear arms".
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 22:50   #57
countrygun

I am not too sure I would want the school administration, staff, etcetera, getting used to unknown/identified armed people approaching the school, without being alarmed. Especially if the school has no one armed.

I am also sure that it is just a personality quirk of mine and someone will be along to tell me how that will actually keep the kids safer, or how exercising a right is more important.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 22:58   #58
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Fear is not an option for exercising rights. If we succumb to fear, then the gun control idiots win by nothing more than default. The more we back down, the more likely they are to try to impose more. Sorry, but that's not an option for me. If it is for you, then maybe you should join the ranks of the sheeple.
He feared enough to make a few phone calls.

I guess it helped ensure just what kind of circus he was going to be involved in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by NMG26; 05-14-2013 at 23:01..
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 13:22   #59
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
What would be one good reason for doing such a thing in the first place? I see no advantage what so ever. Unless, of course, your trying to prove a point. And being how the liberals think, it will not just be open carrying in a school that they want to make illegal. They'll try other circumstances as well.
The creep that attacked me and received an 85 year sentence promised to kill me when he got free. If I have to disarm at the school, he could just lie in wait for me to come out and he would know I didn't have any way to defend myself and he could accomplish his goal. If I am legal to carry in the school, then he would know I may be able to defend myself and that may stop him from trying to kill me.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 14:27   #60
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
The creep that attacked me and received an 85 year sentence promised to kill me when he got free. If I have to disarm at the school, he could just lie in wait for me to come out and he would know I didn't have any way to defend myself and he could accomplish his goal. If I am legal to carry in the school, then he would know I may be able to defend myself and that may stop him from trying to kill me.
Best of luck to you Lady Glock. Keep shooting until the attacker is down for good!