Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 18:34   #1
md2lgyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: WV
Posts: 2,946
Finally pulled over while carrying (sort've)

I got pulled over this afternoon for the first time since 1972 (speeding, 15 over). I was on my way to my club's Wednesday night bullseye league match in Maryland, so was not actually carrying my CCW. But my target guns were in a gun box seat-belted in the back seat. WV has no duty to inform, but I told the deputy what was in the box anyway. He could not have cared less. Sweet. He let me off with a warning because of my retired military license plate and the fact I'm a former LEO. Pretty much my lucky day.
__________________
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry

Last edited by md2lgyk; 05-15-2013 at 18:38..
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 18:37   #2
coachrowsey
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Best hotel rooms in the USA
Posts: 70
Former leo here also, would've done exact same thing.
__________________
"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight".
Psalms 144:1 KJV
De Oppresso Liber.
coachrowsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 19:13   #3
GP-Pirate
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 4,294,967,295
I was pulled over in GA by a Sheriff's deputy last year while I was carrying (I live in FL). I immediately told him I was armed and passed him my DL and FL permit, which is good in GA. I thought he might want me to show him the gun or otherwise remove it from my possession while in his presence. But no, he was as nice as can be and acted as if it was nothing.
GP-Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 19:25   #4
brokenprism
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
Former leo here also, would've done exact same thing.
It's touching how you guys give each other breaks. : )
brokenprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 19:30   #5
Gaston Glock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP-Pirate View Post
I was pulled over in GA by a Sheriff's deputy last year while I was carrying (I live in FL). I immediately told him I was armed and passed him my DL and FL permit, which is good in GA. I thought he might want me to show him the gun or otherwise remove it from my possession while in his presence. But no, he was as nice as can be and acted as if it was nothing.
According to your post #'s, you post more than Herrglock and BAC combined....lol
Gaston Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 19:49   #6
GP-Pirate
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 4,294,967,295
I swear I didn't post more than half of that number.
GP-Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 19:59   #7
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 23,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP-Pirate View Post
I swear I didn't post more than half of that number.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 20:22   #8
RPVG
Senior Member
 
RPVG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Glock View Post
According to your post #'s, you post more than Herrglock and BAC combined....lol
ROTF!
__________________
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way."Mark Twain
RPVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 20:38   #9
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
It's touching how you guys give each other breaks. : )
I don't think "touching" is the word your looking for...
__________________
What I loathe more than the government are the thugs that impose its will on us.
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:05   #10
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,766
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
It's touching how you guys give each other breaks. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
I don't think "touching" is the word your looking for...
Yeah, CHP stopped me once for going a little fast . Could have taken me to jail. Instead I got a $48 ticket. I was Air Force. He'd been Air Force, too. Those service connections do come in handy...And it was my birthday, too. Not going to jail was a nice present!!

__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:15   #11
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member
 
seanmac45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 6,130


Green Eyed Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
It's touching how you guys give each other breaks. : )
JEALOUSY...............gets 'em every time.
__________________
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
seanmac45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19   #12
SGT HATRED
Senior Member
 
SGT HATRED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PHX AZ
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Yeah, CHP stopped me once for going a little fast . Could have taken me to jail. Instead I got a $48 ticket. I was Air Force. He'd been Air Force, too. Those service connections do come in handy...And it was my birthday, too. Not going to jail was a nice present!!

__________________
What I loathe more than the government are the thugs that impose its will on us.
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 13:51   #13
G27GenFour
American
 
G27GenFour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrowsey View Post
Former leo here also, would've done exact same thing.
15 over the speed limit clearly warrants a ticket, IMO!
G27GenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 15:59   #14
RGbiker
Senior Member
 
RGbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,443
Was Riding the GW thru Wichita Kansas last July doing 15 over the 55MPH speed limit. Got zapped with Lazar radar. Showed the Sheriff my AZDL, proof of insurance and AZCCW.

He asked if I had a gun. Told him I had a handgun in the trunk. He said:"Don't reach for it".

Got a warning to slow down.
__________________
If Obama is the answer, then how stupid was the question?
RGbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 16:25   #15
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,766
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
I know, you're jealous...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 05-16-2013 at 16:26..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 16:55   #16
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
I don't think "touching" is the word your looking for...

Next time you come across a LEO, just tell him/her that on the internet, you're a "Sergeant" and have a LE themed avitar.
__________________
Although many good citizens in your community may own and carry guns, keeping the community safe still fall on those who carry badges.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 05-17-2013 at 00:15..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 15:03   #17
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!
 
PuroMexicano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
I got pulled over this afternoon for the first time since 1972 (speeding, 15 over). I was on my way to my club's Wednesday night bullseye league match in Maryland, so was not actually carrying my CCW. But my target guns were in a gun box seat-belted in the back seat. WV has no duty to inform, but I told the deputy what was in the box anyway. He could not have cared less. Sweet. He let me off with a warning because of my retired military license plate and the fact I'm a former LEO. Pretty much my lucky day.
Why do you need a CCW being a former LEO?
Can't you apply for HR-218?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano
I DO NOT condone illegal immigration, I've said it time and time again.
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:24   #18
md2lgyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: WV
Posts: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroMexicano View Post
Why do you need a CCW being a former LEO?
Can't you apply for HR-218?
I believe HR-218 applies only to retired LEOs. I wasn't in the job that long. But being retired military, if he had ticketed me I was going to ask for a military discount LOL.
__________________
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 18:26   #19
md2lgyk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: WV
Posts: 2,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by G27GenFour View Post
15 over the speed limit clearly warrants a ticket, IMO!
Well, around here, on a lot of roads it'd get you a ticket all right. For obstructing traffic.
__________________
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 19:47   #20
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil
 
HKLovingIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Out On The Tiles
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP-Pirate View Post
I swear I didn't post more than half of that number.
That's funny.
__________________
Jesus didn't have a stunt double, and neither do you...

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:09.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 611
120 Members
491 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31