Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2013, 15:34   #101
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fg17 View Post
No, never said I did.
Oh. Huh.

I guess I was confused since you only seem to accept a contrary viewpoint if the person has been in a gunfight.

Seems a bit of a double standard, to me.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:39   #102
J_Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
I am just a freaking voice here, but one with experience !

Shoot your BG with a .380. PO him, make him more angry !

I really hesitate to give details on the internet.... Believe me or not. That is that !
Not asking for details, but are you claiming you shot or saw someone shot with a .380 and it just made them angry?
Old 05-06-2013, 15:43   #103
fg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Oh. Huh.

I guess I was confused since you only seem to accept a contrary viewpoint if the person has been in a gunfight.
Yes you are confused. Relax it will be ok
fg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 15:44   #104
J_Rico

I carry an LCP most every day.

When the situation allows, it is the backup to a larger firearm. When I can not carry something larger, it is my only firearm.

No worries.
Old 05-06-2013, 17:57   #105
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rico View Post
Not asking for details, but are you claiming you shot or saw someone shot with a .380 and it just made them angry?

Well, I have several regrets in life.... One of the 'lesser one's' that will NOT bother me, is that I wrote this stupid post... I should have know better....

No details indeed. Wish I had never said it, although true.

.380 is a mouse gun. You don't want to be in trouble with a big BG, and have a 380. I'll leave it at that.

I was stupid to have written my last post, but I would be a complete idiot to give details, or go further.. Lesson learned for me.

It's been a long hard and tuff life... I can tell ya that much !

PS... Because it is my own fault for writting a post in haste, (ha) I should not have wrote.... I'll go ahead and say only this. I've seen guys hit multable times in the chest with 22's, and 9mm, that were mad as heck and cussing the shooter! .380 is a joke. They all can kill, yes. But use your heads gentelman... This is a stinking mouse gun !

I have said waaay to much.

Adios !

CanyonMan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 05-06-2013 at 18:04..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 18:34   #106
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonMan View Post
Well, I have several regrets in life.... One of the 'lesser one's' that will NOT bother me, is that I wrote this stupid post... I should have know better....

No details indeed. Wish I had never said it, although true.

.380 is a mouse gun. You don't want to be in trouble with a big BG, and have a 380. I'll leave it at that.

I was stupid to have written my last post, but I would be a complete idiot to give details, or go further.. Lesson learned for me.

It's been a long hard and tuff life... I can tell ya that much !

PS... Because it is my own fault for writting a post in haste, (ha) I should not have wrote.... I'll go ahead and say only this. I've seen guys hit multable times in the chest with 22's, and 9mm, that were mad as heck and cussing the shooter! .380 is a joke. They all can kill, yes. But use your heads gentelman... This is a stinking mouse gun !

I have said waaay to much.

Adios !

CanyonMan
Sooo you don't have any real world experience with a .380?

I didn't think so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 18:51   #107
dakrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
The 380 debate always causes this much argument but we now have a bonafide .380 gunfighter on the board.

BTW.... is this you? This guy won with a 380

Senior citizen shoots at Florida internet cafe robbers. - YouTube
yup. the same effect of getting stung by bees.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-06-2013, 18:55   #108
JackMac

One man's experience. My friend was in his store when a BG came in to rob him, got the drop on him and as he was headed toward the door, my friend got his .380 and yelled at BG who turned and as he was bringing up his gun to line up on this storekeeper, my friend got off three quick shots. BG runs outside and gets away. No blood trail, no dents in door frame, no broken glass. Days later Mr. BG goes to local hospital with three abdominal wounds. Do you still want to carry a .380? If you do aim higher for the chest or head or use a larger caliber.
Old 05-06-2013, 18:59   #109
rustytxrx

Ballistic not with standing, I have never found one that I liked to shoot.
Old 05-06-2013, 19:06   #110
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
Sooo you don't have any real world experience with a .380?

I didn't think so.

I never said that.... !

I clearly said to those who can read... I stuck my neck out far enough, further than I would have cared to on a stupid forum.

I'm not going to bend over for ya here... What I've done, where I been, and what I have experienced are true, and I owe no man an explanation.

I wrote a post in haste, and a tad of being sick of these stupid arguments over the obvious... My stupidity.

But none the less, it does not take away from my life's experience's. Those are my own, and no one eles's. I don't share half of them with my own familly.

So, what do we do now !? You can continue to be a smart butt, or you can try and understand and respect a man's privacy.

I said what I know. I do not owe anything further. I have admitted I wish I had not even shared that much.

I got plenty of friends on here that have known me for 11-12 years. They know i don't theow out words to see where they splatter.. I made a statement, the details are not needed. Matters not to me whether you believe it or not amigo...

How about let it drop son. !

BTW... To try and descredit a man, 'who has spoke the truth', I found out long ago, is one of the highest forms of flattery...

If you feel the need keep going, and thank you !

Adios !

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 19:12   #111
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have come to the conclusion, over the years on GT, that it is probably a reasonable thing to take CanyonMan at his word.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 05-06-2013, 19:33   #112
rustytxrx

if we just address the ergonomics of carrying in all types of clothes, weight matters. I have a few different holster types for this 38 special. unloaded the gun weighs 11 oz. with a belly band you can run 10ks. the light gun doesn't jiggle.

You are welcome to the pistol of your choice but this one is my choice

Caliber Corner
Old 05-06-2013, 19:52   #113
electricmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac View Post
One man's experience. My friend was in his store when a BG came in to rob him, got the drop on him and as he was headed toward the door, my friend got his .380 and yelled at BG who turned and as he was bringing up his gun to line up on this storekeeper, my friend got off three quick shots. BG runs outside and gets away. No blood trail, no dents in door frame, no broken glass. Days later Mr. BG goes to local hospital with three abdominal wounds. Do you still want to carry a .380? If you do aim higher for the chest or head or use a larger caliber.
So would your friend have been carrying if he had to carry a larger weapon? Seems the gun he had stopped the fight. Better a 380 than nothing. Still wounded the perp. A head or spine shot would have been deadly. A 9mm or .45 it aint but better than nothing. As for that matter a .357 should be what we are all carrying for the best stopping caliber....
electricmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 20:02   #114
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmo View Post
So would your friend have been carrying if he had to carry a larger weapon? Seems the gun he had stopped the fight. Better a 380 than nothing. Still wounded the perp. A head or spine shot would have been deadly. A 9mm or .45 it aint but better than nothing. As for that matter a .357 should be what we are all carrying for the best stopping caliber....
Capacity is a factor.

Nothing wrong with a good wheelgun in .357 magnum though. Those revolvers have a lot going for them over semi autos, after all.

Last edited by Warp; 05-06-2013 at 20:03..
Old 05-06-2013, 21:46   #115
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
I have come to the conclusion, over the years on GT, that it is probably a reasonable thing to take CanyonMan at his word.
Canyon Man is good people.

I have a little LCP and carry it when I am too lazy to carry a real handgun. It is just handy and better than nothing. I know it is a bunny fart cartridge.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 22:02   #116
countrygun

Canyon Man reminds me of a guy I know on another forum. That guy ran a working ranch including a hog a cattle operation. he used to test different calibers and loads and on top of that was a hunter. He had a perspective on how bullets worked on living being that you just don't get from charts and ballistic gel. He could tell you, and probably had picture, about how, for instance, a .380 silvertip performed on a 150# sausage hog as compared to a Gold Dot.

Hard to argue with that kind of "data"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00   #117
PhotoFeller

Assuming that .380 is flatly inadequate for SD as Canyon Man insists, it probably follows that 9mm is only marginally effective.

I'm wondering why the SD 'experts' don't strongly discourage carrying anything less than .357 for a CC weapon. Police departments across the USA have made this decision by migrating to .40 for a primary service pistol.

9mm might be a reasonable choice for females of smaller stature, but why wouldn't everyone else carry an unquestionable stopper? It seems we should all be figuring out a way to carry a .357 or something bigger, even if these guns are harder to conceal.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:44   #118
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

The only pro to the .380 is the small size of the gun.

Other than that, there is no benefit to it.

Go at least with a 9x19 and don't let anyone fool you into thinking the .380 is as good as the 9x19 because it isn't.

Go larger than .380. Or , think of it this way, carry something like your life depends on it. Is the, "Good enough" mentality worth your life? I don't like the words, "Good enough" or, "It might work" when it comes to protecting my life.

There are no sure bets with anything but better odds start with 9x19 and bigger is better too.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52   #119
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
The only pro to the .380 is the small size of the gun.

Other than that, there is no benefit to it.

Go at least with a 9x19 and don't let anyone fool you into thinking the .380 is as good as the 9x19 because it isn't.

Go larger than .380. Or , think of it this way, carry something like your life depends on it. Is the, "Good enough" mentality worth your life? I don't like the words, "Good enough" or, "It might work" when it comes to protecting my life.

There are no sure bets with anything but better odds start with 9x19 and bigger is better too.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!! Turn out the lights & close the thread.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23   #120
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Assuming that .380 is flatly inadequate for SD as Canyon Man insists, it probably follows that 9mm is only marginally effective.

I'm wondering why the SD 'experts' don't strongly discourage carrying anything less than .357 for a CC weapon. Police departments across the USA have made this decision by migrating to .40 for a primary service pistol.

9mm might be a reasonable choice for females of smaller stature, but why wouldn't everyone else carry an unquestionable stopper? It seems we should all be figuring out a way to carry a .357 or something bigger, even if these guns are harder to conceal.
That probably doesn't follow.

Hope this helps.