GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 08:24   #26
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
Absolutely!!!!

Most of 'em stink, too!
(As my dear old Dad would say, "I never promised you a rose garden.")









I figured you wouldn't have any facts to back up your opinion. If it's one thing I learned about you, that's a rarity amongst yourself.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:25   #27
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,502
I heard the government has 12 different inventions for an internal combustion engine that will provide between 100 and 200 mpg in an average car but they are trying to protect Exxon Mobile.

It's been 51 years now. Anyone with any involvement would be near-dead or dead by now. I can't see this being government-shattering in the least.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30   #28
G-34
Senior Member
 
G-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
I heard the government has 12 different inventions for an internal combustion engine that will provide between 100 and 200 mpg in an average car but they are trying to protect Exxon Mobile.

It's been 51 years now. Anyone with any involvement would be near-dead or dead by now. I can't see this being government-shattering in the least.


more than likely why they seald the records, to wait out the people involved and make sure they were at the end of their lifespan, that way they could dismiss them as just "crazy old people going off the deep end"
__________________
"I'm back and ready to do battle with the dark forces that infest this forum." - JBnTX

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30   #29
F106 Fan
Senior Member
 
F106 Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,390
With the 50th anniversary coming up this year, I expect we will be seeing a lot of press coverage.

Richard
__________________
"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." - Lily Tomlin
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33   #30
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,997
IIRC the "magic bullet theory" has a flaw in that it does not take into account the way the seats were arranged in that particular Presidential limo. The front passenger seat was slightly closer to the rear passenger seat and was a little lower I believe. When this is taken into account, the bullet's path is much straighter.

Also, wasn't that limo cleaned up, reworked (with a roof) and used again by another President? I'm all for reducing government spending but I would be okay with replacing that one after that...
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 05-02-2013 at 10:11..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:33   #31
cgwahl
Sheriffs a near
 
cgwahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 11,102
__________________
The irony of the information age is that we can't necessarily trust all the information.


Pawsitively Stylish Mobile Pet Salon (Southern California)
cgwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41   #32
airmotive
Tin Kicker
 
airmotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Debris Field
Posts: 6,996
Blog Entries: 1
Magic Bullet.

__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45   #33
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member
 
TheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 1,478
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.
This.
__________________
Jay

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:19   #34
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.
You might be surprised at how many secrets we actually can keep.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05   #35
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Bring up the actual video/photos. They were not sitting the way conspiracy theorists make it out to be.
In order to support my position, I'd rather just make a cartoon like the other guy/girl did.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15   #36
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Bring up the actual video/photos. They were not sitting the way conspiracy theorists make it out to be.
Please don;t miss or dismiss the irony being that they needed that cartoon to make the single bullet theory (~nothing is magic btw) plausible.

I personally rely on the number of shots fired to indicate there was more than one person shooting at JFK on 11-22-1963. (e.g., There is clearly a shot through the windshield, which eyewitnesses advised was traveling from the front towards the rear of the limo. There is clearly a shot that hit the top of the windshield's upper cross member (i.e., the frame), which eyewitnesses and photos indicate was traveling from the rear towards the front of the limo. These are just two additional eye-witnessed, 'irresputable' shots, that the official "cover up" story never mentions. LHO was not in position for the windshield shot, and he didn't have the time for the round to the windshield's frame, so I ask you, based on the evidence, was there more than one shooter that day? If so, we have a conspiracy. Period.)
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-02-2013 at 10:17..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20   #37
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24   #38
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I just get a kick out of anyone who thinks the Fed Gov can keep a secret of any sort for more than a day or two. Holy cow, people would be tripping all over themselves to get on 60 minutes to talk about corruption if most of the conspiracies actually happened.
Very, very true.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:02   #39
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,865


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Please don;t miss or dismiss the irony being that they needed that cartoon to make the single bullet theory (~nothing is magic btw) plausible.

I personally rely on the number of shots fired to indicate there was more than one person shooting at JFK on 11-22-1963. (e.g., There is clearly a shot through the windshield, which eyewitnesses advised was traveling from the front towards the rear of the limo. There is clearly a shot that hit the top of the windshield's upper cross member (i.e., the frame), which eyewitnesses and photos indicate was traveling from the rear towards the front of the limo. These are just two additional eye-witnessed, 'irresputable' shots, that the official "cover up" story never mentions. LHO was not in position for the windshield shot, and he didn't have the time for the round to the windshield's frame, so I ask you, based on the evidence, was there more than one shooter that day? If so, we have a conspiracy. Period.)
This stuff is like crack to you isnt it?

You dont believe one, you FIGHT for them all. Like an addict who cant get enough. There is nothing that will stand in the way of what you want(how you want to feel)

People like you are the reason people like me can do so well. Everytime I get upset with humanity I realize that there are people like you who will do and believe anything as long as I say whatever I need to say in a way that makes you feel like you want to feel. Thankyou. It has paid for a lot of really cool stuff.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12   #40
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,502
Youtube "Zapruder film HD" or "high quality." Frame by frame. Connolly reacts the same time JFK does. Just a fact.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:16   #41
bigmac85
Senior Member
 
bigmac85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
This stuff is like crack to you isnt it?

You dont believe one, you FIGHT for them all. Like an addict who cant get enough. There is nothing that will stand in the way of what you want(how you want to feel)

People like you are the reason people like me can do so well. Everytime I get upset with humanity I realize that there are people like you who will do and believe anything as long as I say whatever I need to say in a way that makes you feel like you want to feel. Thankyou. It has paid for a lot of really cool stuff.
Tell us how you really feel Rabbi!
Lol
bigmac85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:17   #42
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
This stuff is like crack to you isnt it?

You dont believe one, you FIGHT for them all. Like an addict who cant get enough. There is nothing that will stand in the way of what you want(how you want to feel)

People like you are the reason people like me can do so well. Everytime I get upset with humanity I realize that there are people like you who will do and believe anything as long as I say whatever I need to say in a way that makes you feel like you want to feel. Thankyou. It has paid for a lot of really cool stuff.

Hey, man! You're just like blinded by all the flouride water you've been drinking, man!

I guess the UFOs and lizardmen did a great job of pulling the wool over your eyes, but not me!!!! I'm smarter than everyone else... I see things you guys don't. I had a vision, OK? man?! All these guys have is stupid cartoons!!! I mean it was so obvious, the missles coming for the twin towers, the JFK heat-seeking bullets, and don't even get me started about the flouride the gov't puts in the water to brain wash us all.

Luckily, I've been drinking out of the sewers, the government wasn't that smart to put the water in the sewers! HAH! See, you guys need people like me... People like me that are smarter than people like you, so I can help you not be such a blind sheep, and I can help you guys see the government for what it really is......
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:46   #43
byf43
NRA Life Member
 
byf43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 13,308
I really don't believe that in MY lifetime, that the entire TRUTH will be known about the killing of JFK.
Maybe never.


Is it REALLY 'that' important????

There's already enough distrust in our government to sustain a conspiracy theory or theories for everything from gas prices to aspirin prices, to murder (ahem...cough...cough . . . . Vince Foster).

I've got too many other things to worry about.
Mr. Kennedy has been dead for 50 years (come November).


Let's see what this stirs up - J. Edgar Hoover never lost sight of his Tutu, and LBJ never broke a sweat.

I mean, LBJ publicly told JEH that he would have a job as head of the FBI for as long as he wanted it.

Maybe they were dancing to the same music???


High level involvement!?!?!?!!??
__________________
G21 Gen2; G19 Gen3; G30SF; G23 Gen3; G26 Gen4. GLOCK Certified Armorer

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
byf43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:49   #44
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
I really don't believe that in MY lifetime, that the entire TRUTH will be known about the killing of JFK.
Maybe never.


Is it REALLY 'that' important????

There's already enough distrust in our government to sustain a conspiracy theory or theories for everything from gas prices to aspirin prices, to murder (ahem...cough...cough . . . . Vince Foster).

I've got too many other things to worry about.
Mr. Kennedy has been dead for 50 years (come November).


Let's see what this stirs up - J. Edgar Hoover never lost sight of his Tutu, and LBJ never broke a sweat.

I mean, LBJ publicly told JEH that he would have a job as head of the FBI for as long as he wanted it.

Maybe they were dancing to the same music???


High level involvement!?!?!?!!??
That's your "evidence" ?....
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 13:05   #45
Gonetodarkside
owl protector
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,581
For those that do not think the American government can keep a secret..


Stephen Ambrose writes about in the Band of Brothers, an American ship carrying something like 1000 military men sinking around D-day. All men were lost and the sinking was kept a secret to not disrupt moral. The secret was kept for some 40 years...
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:25   #46
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,573
Blog Entries: 1



Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:44   #47
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
For those that do not think the American government can keep a secret..


Stephen Ambrose writes about in the Band of Brothers, an American ship carrying something like 1000 military men sinking around D-day. All men were lost and the sinking was kept a secret to not disrupt moral. The secret was kept for some 40 years...
Which ship was not reported sunk for 40 years?
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:03   #48
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 1,712
Nope.

Here are ten reasons why:

http://www.mtgriffith.com/web_documents/10reasons.htm
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:33   #49
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Both Lincoln and Kennedy have seven letters. Coincidence? I think not.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:51   #50
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
My thoughts:

This is GT...
There are no conspiracies.. Ever. Anywhere.

If you believe in even the mere possibility of any conspiracy anywhere, on any scale, from the White House to your local PTA, then you are a paranoid nut who wears hats and underwear made of aluminum foil and you probably live in your parents' basement.


It has been carefully explained here many times that there are no secrets anywhere within the government, ever, anywhere, as proven by the fact that Bill Clinton was caught with his pants down in collusion with a certain White House intern.


Everything is exactly as it seems.
Move along, go about your business... nothing to see here...
Yep. This forum is in dogmatic denial when it comes to alternative theories and media.

I am surprised most still don't believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

sent from my bunker...
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,059
342 Members
717 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42