GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-27-2013, 21:04   #276
railfancwb

Didn't Jackie climb over onto the trunk lid while attempting to retrieve a piece of JFK's skull which went flying toward the rear of the car after one shot? If so, how does that fit the magic bullet scenario?
Old 05-27-2013, 22:40   #277
DocCasualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by railfancwb View Post
Didn't Jackie climb over onto the trunk lid while attempting to retrieve a piece of JFK's skull which went flying toward the rear of the car after one shot? If so, how does that fit the magic bullet scenario?
You apparently have never shot at a sugar beet in a bait pile and have pieces come flying back toward you. Read back over the thread. Somebody at some point posted a video demonstrating the "jet" effect. As I posted earlier, Jackie had no recollection of that ever happening, despite the fact the photographic evidence is indisputable.

No magic bullet scenario, simply the single bullet fact.
Old 05-27-2013, 22:56   #278
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

no, I don't
Old 05-27-2013, 23:03   #279
unit1069

Watch the Zapruder film and concentrate on the head shot that killed JFK.

Physics/forensics calculations have determined that JFK's head at the instant of impact was traveling backwards at a rate of 200 fps. No reactive bodily impulse could have caused that due to a shot from the rear, in my humble opinion and the opinion of a number of other scientists.

I know there are those who claim the rearward movement of JFK's head was due to physiological factors but were that the case his head would have initially been thrust forward before his body's reaction reversed the motion. There's no indication in the Zapruder film that JFK's head ever moved forward at the instant of impact aside from the fact that his momentum from the throat shot had him leaning gradually forward, with Jackie's assistance. So until proven to my satisfaction, I will continue to believe the kill shot came from ahead (or to the side) of Kennedy's vehicle.

Last edited by unit1069; 05-27-2013 at 23:20..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 23:04   #280
Cirdan

I've visited Dealey Plaza and stood on the "grassy knoll."

I flat out don't believe anyone could have fired from the grassy knoll without being seen/heard. There were people all around and it's just not that big a space.

My opinion - it's a tribute to USMC rifle training.

Ballistics is strange, the small 223/5.56 round from an AR 15 does amazing things.
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 23:48   #281
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirdan View Post
I've visited Dealey Plaza and stood on the "grassy knoll."

I flat out don't believe anyone could have fired from the grassy knoll without being seen/heard. There were people all around and it's just not that big a space.
Yes, I walked the entire span during a late summer afternoon when nobody was present and was struck by how small the total area is.

Quote:
My opinion - it's a tribute to USMC rifle training.

Ballistics is strange, the small 223/5.56 round from an AR 15 does amazing things.
And with the presence of hundreds of onlookers milling about waiting for the presidential motorcade it's not unlikely a team of skilled assassins could have melded into the crowd. We must remember that the JFK assassination happened not very long after the Cuban Missile Crisis when Kruschev nearly lost his head for caving into JFK's order to withdraw Soviet missiles. Kruschev is reported to have vowed to avenge the humiliation, and what better way than to have a former Marine defector (and supporting cast) carry out the assignment?
Old 05-28-2013, 00:12   #282
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Watch the Zapruder film and concentrate on the head shot that killed JFK.

Physics/forensics calculations have determined that JFK's head at the instant of impact was traveling backwards at a rate of 200 fps. No reactive bodily impulse could have caused that due to a shot from the rear, in my humble opinion and the opinion of a number of other scientists.

I know there are those who claim the rearward movement of JFK's head was due to physiological factors but were that the case his head would have initially been thrust forward before his body's reaction reversed the motion. There's no indication in the Zapruder film that JFK's head ever moved forward at the instant of impact aside from the fact that his momentum from the throat shot had him leaning gradually forward, with Jackie's assistance. So until proven to my satisfaction, I will continue to believe the kill shot came from ahead (or to the side) of Kennedy's vehicle.

you have any actual proof of what you're saying?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 00:20   #283
DocCasualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
BS.

Quote:
BS again. Watch the film again, slowed down this time. You'll see JFK's head move forward a couple of inches from the impact from the shot from behind, as physics would dictate, and not related to the neck shot at all. Believe what you will but a rifle shot from the front or side cannot account for Kennedy's violet reaction backward exactly because of what physics dictates.

It amazes me that people who purportedly shoot firearms on a a regular basis could be so clueless as to how terminal ballistics really work.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:20   #284
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post
You apparently have never shot at a sugar beet in a bait pile and have pieces come flying back toward you. ...
Merely shooting down at the dirt will cause some of it to come "flying" back towards the shooter...

I'm not a physicist, but wouldn't the "back-splash" have more to do with the mass and or density of the object as well as the mass and or density of what's behind the object being struck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post
... Read back over the thread. Somebody at some point posted a video demonstrating the "jet" effect. As I posted earlier, Jackie had no recollection of that ever happening, despite the fact the photographic evidence is indisputable.

No magic bullet scenario, simply the single bullet fact.
Going back through the thread....
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 05-28-2013 at 08:41..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:24   #285
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Edit: Oswald did it

Last edited by Glock19Fan; 05-28-2013 at 04:26..
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:17   #286
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McGlock View Post
And exactly what was sleezeball afraid of? Hummmmmmm?

Then maybe it was RFK that used the blackmail card to force the issue? Who would have had the access to the details better than RFK? Makes even more sense!

Then low and behold, number two bites the dust by yet another unknown patsy! which explains why no one after him from the Kennedy clad pursued to matter!

Thanks for the clarification,........it gets better and better!
Not sure if serious.

(Johnson bows out THEN has RFK taken out? Why not just stay in and take him out?)