SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2013, 20:54   #226
Doc McGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
LBJ withdrew because Kennedy was running. Who knew he would be assassinated. Had LBJ been behind them, don't you think he'd have run????
Dennis,

I've got to go back and review my history, but I believe that LBJ announced his plans well in advance, allowing RFK to throw his hat in the ring. It is very unlikely that you would see a challenge to a sitting President from within your own party or Hillary would have done so in 2012. She was pissed that she was heir apparent and was stepped over by BHO. She still played nice!

dbcooper,

You might not be too far off as this would have been the perfect angle for a back and too the left shattering of JFK skull. Getting out of the drainage ditch unnoticed carrying a rifle might have made it tough unless they waited for things to calm down. Could have crawled out looking like someone who bit the dust once the firing started and left the rifle to be retrieved later?
Doc McGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 22:02   #227
DocCasualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McGlock View Post
Doc,

What am I missing? Did you actually watch her entire video? She is very credible and had the names and events on the tip of her tongue. A lot of this info is actually quite known and the players fit perfectly?
I've watched it previously, didn't watch it again. As I alluded to previously, I have no interest in trying to debunk every CT out there. That's already been done. Personally I think it's worthwhile to try to correct the oft repeated blatant errors about what is known in the hopes that someone who was misinformed will look at the facts. I posted this video because I thought I knew the video that was referenced, so I'll comment.

Her being his "mistress" is far from certain. Her son, who apparently looked like LBJ and claimed to be his illegitimate son, filed a lawsuit looking for his share of the cash and didn't show up on the court date; case dismissed. The principals she named were known to be in other places the night she alleged this occurred, not where she said. Everybody thinks LBJ was a sneaky SOB, so it makes sense he tells some snatch the night before that he's going to kill Kennedy? Sure, believe what you will.

Quote:
It is well known that LBJ was not the best person. It was told that he would run around the WH completely naked.
Eccentric? Sure. Not the best person? Uh, not sure what that means and I'm pretty sure he was an *****hole but okay, we'll go with that. Assassin? What did TBO say about this kind of logic? "Therefore A+B=Z"
Quote:
He hob-nobbed with the elite and I have always wondered why he didn't run for the guaranteed second full term?
Well, the Ivy League elite though he was a bumpkin and there certainly was no love lost between him and Kennedy's crowd. I'll give you that, however, that would have been even more reason for Bobby as the AG to pursue him, wouldn't it?

Why no second term? Because he realized he had dug himself into a hopeless pit with Vietnam. McNamara told him the inescapable truth and jumped ship. Do you think LBJ was all of a sudden going to come clean and admit he *****ed up and just bring the troops home at that point? Give me a break. Here's what LBJ told Bill Moyers about the Vietnam situation, “I feel like a hitch-hiker caught in a hailstorm on a Texas highway. I can’t run. I can’t hide. And I can’t make it stop.” Guaranteed second full term?
Quote:
My conspiratorial mind thinks that Nixon, Ford and or Bush 41 was about to come forward with information. Blackmail, if you will.
And now we've come full-circle. If you're of a conspiratorial mind, there's a conspirator behind every bush (not behind every Bush).
Quote:
I also believe that there is way more power behind the office of POTUS than we could ever imagine!
I don't doubt that for one minute but what you're suggesting is that LBJ orchestrated an assassination of the POTUS, which would have involved multiple people in and out of government, there were no slip ups ever that tipped his hat and an independent group of high-level investigators and their scores of lower-level grunts (The Warren Commission) were complicit in covering it up, and even years later the HSCA lead by a zealous Blakey were onboard with that coverup too?

But hey, at the risk of being redundant, feel free to believe what you will.
Old 05-10-2013, 23:27   #228
DocCasualty

Quote:
Where was the SS? Why all the open windows, change in parade route, body removed from Dallas where legally, the autopsy should have been performed.
Kennedy's advisers tried to talk him out of the open car. Following are excerpts from the Warren Report. While all of the CTers love to marginalize it, I would recommend that anyone who hasn't read it to do so. This popular opinion that it is false is shallow. I agree that it was rushed and there are some minor issues with it, though to dismiss it out of hand is short-sighted and denies the bulk of indisputable information contained. BTW, for those who don't know, the "bubble top" for the limo was not bulletproof and was used only for rain. The fact of the matter is all US Presidents up to this point had traveled "open". Think of all the photos and videos you have seen of US Presidents in the preceding half-century prior to the JFK assassination.
Quote:
On the morning of November 22, President Kennedy attended a breakfast at the hotel and afterward addressed a crowd at an open parking lot. The President liked outdoor appearances because more people could see and hear him. Before leaving the hotel, the President, Mrs. Kennedy, and Kenneth O'Donnell talked about the risks inherent in Presidential public appearances. According to O'Donnell, the President commented that "if anybody really wanted to shoot the President of the United States, it was not a very difficult job--all one had to do was get a high building someday with a telescopic rifle, and there was nothing anybody could do to defend against such an attempt." Upon concluding the conversation, the President prepared to depart for Dallas.
Quote:
John F. Kennedy's journey to Texas in November 1963 was in this tradition. His friend and Special Assistant Kenneth O'Donnell, who accompanied him on his last visit to Dallas, stated the President's views of his responsibilities with simplicity and clarity: The President's views of his responsibilities as President of the United States were that he meet the people, that he go out to their homes and see them, and allow them to see him, and discuss, if possible, the views of the world as he sees it, the problems of the country as he sees them. And he felt that leaving Washington for the President of the United States was a most necessary--not only for the people, but for the President himself, that he expose himself to the actual basic problems that were disturbing the American people. It helped him in his job here, he was able to come back here with a fresh view of many things. I think he felt very strongly that the President ought to get out of Washington, and go meet the people on a regular basis.
Personally I find JFK's comments that morning stone cold freaky. I don't think it was a premonition, simply a realistic assessment of what he thought could happen to anyone, anytime. To me it underscores that he wasn't deterred from being amongst the people, his job. How sad we've become the society we have.

There was no change in parade route. Please research this yourself. There is abundant information on the 'net and elsewhere about this. Again, another thing that has been repeated so many times, everyone assumes it's true.

I absolutely agree that the body should not have been removed from Dallas before the autopsy was performed. Again, another thing that has just fueled the CT world, but what really happened there? Feel free to disagree but to me this was a clear breakdown between State and Federal jurisdiction and too much leeway that was given to the Feds and to the Camelot Kennedys.

There was no Fed jurisdiction then, though the various Fed agencies (and there were multiple) didn't care. While you and others implicate LBJ as the lead conspirator, the bulk of evidence shows he was absolutely freaked out, thought the Soviets were launching WWIII and was eager to get the hell out of Dodge. The truth is it was local jurisdiction's call and the local coroner/ME was required to do an autopsy. Probably out of fear or who knows what, the county prosecutor (or whatever you call them there) signed off on it. To add insult to injury, when they brought the body back to DC, they asked Jackie where she wants the autopsy done (WTF??) and she chooses Bethesda because "Jack was in the Navy". This despite the fact that the premier forensic pathology center of the world,
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, was twenty minutes up the road at Walter Reed. Major mistakes? Absolutely. Conspiracy? Well . . . read what actually happened and make up your own mind. And I agree with a Pathologist friend of mine, it was a botched autopsy. That doesn't mean it was meaningless or completely worthless, but it was lacking.

I don't recall if it was you or somebody else, but question was made of the lost autopsy photos. Here they are:
http://www.jfklancer.com/photos/auto...how/index.html I don't know if is that is a complete set, but another area where deference to the Kennedys only led to further speculation about conspiracy. This all should have been made absolutely transparent but deference to propriety was what was done and only has lead to questions along the line. Google what happened to JFK's brain. While nobody knows for sure, the conclusion of HSCA was that Bobby Kennedy probably retrieved it so it wouldn't end up an object of morbid curiosity. Was that right? Well no, but when your brother is the AG or just was, things happen.

Last edited by DocCasualty; 05-10-2013 at 23:31.. Reason: typo
DocCasualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:22   #229
RichardB
Silver Membership

I've long given up on this issue. Folks will argue based on what they want to believe and will often invent "facts" to support their own designs.

For those who don't remember that time:

The newspapers in Orlando Florida were convinced that Fidel Castro had arranged the shootings as payback to Kennedy for his attempt to undermine that Cuban government. That idea sold newspapers in Florida.

A few months after the shooting a joke going around was that LBJ had to miss deer season that year because Oswald did not return his rifle.

PS The Associated Press has added the good old American profit motive into the many conjectures mix.

http://www.wral.com/50-years-on-find...case/12436303/

"On the very day John F. Kennedy died, a cottage industry was born. Fifty years and hundreds of millions of dollars later, it's still thriving. Its product? The "truth" about the president's assassination."......

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 05-11-2013 at 14:37.. Reason: Add PS
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18   #230
Doc McGlock

Doc, thank you for your input and rebuts to my posts but we are so far apart. I believe if we had a face to face conversation, we could each more fully develop our positions, however in this type of forum, I believe we will never be able to do so.

One final request, since you apparently believe that LHO acted alone, please explain LHO and his motives? How did he know what he knew? When did he get a job at the TSBD in order to have access to the prime shooting position, where the motorcade would be required to slow down t make that turn? Was he not tied in with Guy Banister, DAvid Ferry (sp), Clay Shaw and a host of other characters centered in the heart of intelligence in NOLA? All hating JFK with a passion? I cannot get myself to believe that he acted totally alone without help.

In the end, I choose to believe that LBJ was driven by power, learned to be a thug via his cronies in Tx, stole his election to the Senate in 48, had a long time mistress as well as many other women along the way and was directly involved in arranging the murder of JFK. I believe that only a few at the top were privy to the blueprints and the rest were soldiers following orders. Once they learned more than they needed were also eliminated.

Not too many CT's I follow, but this one has haunted me my entire life. Have a great weekend.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20   #231
DocCasualty

Quote:
Doc, thank you for your input and rebuts to my posts but we are so far apart. I believe if we had a face to face conversation, we could each more fully develop our positions, however in this type of forum, I believe we will never be able to do so.
I think you are correct. I've ended up here longer than I thought or planned. I don't have any illusions that this is the kind of discussion that one "wins".

Quote:
One final request, since you apparently believe that LHO acted alone, please explain LHO and his motives? How did he know what he knew? When did he get a job at the TSBD in order to have access to the prime shooting position, where the motorcade would be required to slow down t make that turn?
Motive is a tough one, I'll give you that. There is nothing in writing and even Marina was apparently surprised initially, as Lee had spoken positively of Kennedy in the past, so speculation is all anybody has. However, Marina did think it might have been Lee when she heard of the assassination and was relieved to see the blanket roll in which the rifle was kept in the Paine's garage where she was staying, though was shocked when the police came to search and the rifle was gone. He had demonstrated a willingness to assassinate already with the failed attempt on Gen. Walker months previously. I think it boils down to the fact he wanted to be somebody. His fixation at that time was to go to Cuba to live as a "real" Marxist. He had been denied that/thwarted by both the Soviets and Cubans in his attempt to go there and I believe he felt he could demonstrate to the Cubans that he was an ultimate fighter for their cause. He was not stupid but repeatedly demonstrated that he didn't think things through and this was just another example IMO; no planned escape, how would he prove to the Cubans that he did it if he hadn't been caught and why would the Cubans want him at that point, and so forth. He truly was a loser, someone who would invoke pity if it weren't for his heinous act.

Ruth Paine helped get him that job at the TSBD before the trip to Dallas was even planned or announced. The route made perfect sense, was jointly planned by DPD and SS and was not changed last minute or anything like that. Here's the link to the 800 page Warren Report: http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk...ission-report/ It's a quick and interesting read and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Even if you don't agree with it, if you haven't read it and have any interest in this case, you really owe it to yourself. All of this background type info is there and little of it is in dispute by the most ardent CTers. There certainly are aspects of the fuller documentation and conclusions that many have an issue with but no surprise there.

Quote:
Was he not tied in with Guy Banister, DAvid Ferry (sp), Clay Shaw and a host of other characters centered in the heart of intelligence in NOLA? All hating JFK with a passion? I cannot get myself to believe that he acted totally alone without help.
Oswald attended a few CAP meetings while a teen and Ferrie was the head of the local chapter, so their paths had crossed. No other contact was ever proven after that. The rest of that is all speculation without proof either, though Oliver Stone sure has convinced everybody that was fact.

Quote:
In the end, I choose to believe that LBJ was driven by power, learned to be a thug via his cronies in Tx, stole his election to the Senate in 48, had a long time mistress as well as many other women along the way and was directly involved in arranging the murder of JFK. I believe that only a few at the top were privy to the blueprints and the rest were soldiers following orders. Once they learned more than they needed were also eliminated.
Despite what might appear to be abrupt answers on my part, I respect you and your right to a different opinion. The thing about all of these conflicting conspiracy theories is they're all based on feelings and speculation with tangential bits of facts which lend enough credence to satisfy the need to fuel the conspiracy. You simply can't prove a negative.

There's plenty of hard evidence that LHO did it and as I mentioned before, no conclusive evidence that he did it in concert with anybody else. His very existence was that of a loner who couldn't follow directions or belong to anything beyond a brief period of time. He still could have been part of something, despite that stretching credibility but again, you can't prove a negative.

Quote:
Not too many CT's I follow, but this one has haunted me my entire life. Have a great weekend.
You too!
Old 05-11-2013, 18:44   #232
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Lots of S-luck on this nthe shot placement, LHO working at the Suppository, shooting the cop in the street. Just odd coincidence.

Same with the Boston bombers. S-luck in them doing it and them getting caught.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:49   #233
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

All I know is, LBJ was so dirty I can't imagine how he wasn't in on it.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 17:39   #234
Doc McGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
This is why I kep coming in full circles. He was power hungry and would do anything to get it. Murder was not beneath him and if you listen to the entire video above from the mistress, his side kick did like 18 for him.

DocCasualty argues a pretty good lone gunman therory but knowing what the general opinions of LBJ, Texas357....... I believe you're absolutely dead on right!
Old 05-12-2013, 18:45   #235
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
Perfectly normal that Oswald was then murdered by an outraged democrat-strip club owner with ties to Chicago. I see nothing suspicious at all.
There is this girl I know, she says. "OH -F-!" quite a bit.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39   #236
MaxxAction

http://disinfo.com/2013/05/richard-b...ion-witnesses/

This guy, amazingly, played a conspiracy minded cop on Law and Order:SVU. He claims that fifty winesses died under suspicious circumstances after the JFK assasination. Interesting.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42   #237
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Dennis,

I've got to go back and review my history, but I believe that LBJ announced his plans well in advance, allowing RFK to throw his hat in the ring. It is very unlikely that you would see a challenge to a sitting President from within your own party or Hillary would have done so in 2012. She was pissed that she was heir apparent and was stepped over by BHO. She still played nice!
Go back again. Kennedy announced 2 weeks prior to Johnson hitting the Eject button.

Johnson won NH by 7% and still bailed. He was that afraid. And Bobby was THAT arrogant to take the Presidency. He was a lock for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxAction View Post
http://disinfo.com/2013/05/richard-b...ion-witnesses/

This guy, amazingly, played a conspiracy minded cop on Law and Order:SVU. He claims that fifty winesses died under suspicious circumstances after the JFK assasination. Interesting.

Belzer - my go-to guy on history.

You know that all the Egyptians that persecuted the Jews died. THEY ALL DIED! So did the guy that invented Mustard Gas. A coincidence? I think not!

Last edited by Dennis in MA; 05-13-2013 at 08:44..
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:19   #238
MaxxAction

Quote:
Go back again. Kennedy announced 2 weeks prior to Johnson hitting the Eject button.

Johnson won NH by 7% and still bailed. He was that afraid. And Bobby was THAT arrogant to take the Presidency. He was a lock for sure.

Belzer - my go-to guy on history.

You know that all the Egyptians that persecuted the Jews died. THEY ALL DIED! So did the guy that invented Mustard Gas. A coincidence? I think not!
I guess the difference would be...

people committing suicide shooting themselves in the right temple when they are left handed, or people who were not drug users dying of overdoses. Not that I put stock in what belzer says, but what he is saying is that fifty people died under suspicious circumstances. I'd probably read the book if someone gave it to me.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22   #239
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

And for years, there was claims that the people associated with opening King Tut's tomb all died by mysterious circumstances. Turns out all died pretty normally.

I don't want a book - I want a forensic pathologist to examine the evidence and tell me that (not if) Belzer is all wet.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36   #240
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

Seems as though the thread has gone form the "Magic Bullet" to who/why was JFK killed.

I have zero doubt that the three shots came from the book depository. The magic bullet was not so magic, considering where JFK and Connolly were seated.
Old 05-13-2013, 13:26   #241
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
I can't imagine him turning them down if he had been offered a chance to get in on it.
Old 05-13-2013, 13:29   #242
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
I'm confused as to how this would support a conspiracy theory.
It's a counterpoint to the supposition that large numbers of people can't keep secrets for a very long time when necessary.

Last edited by series1811; 05-13-2013 at 13:29..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 14:00   #243
RichardB
Silver Membership

LBJs psychology is all wrong for him to participate in a murder. I think of LBJ as a gutless liberal, all talk and great for spending other peoples money; and I can't imagine LBJ not bragging, Texas style, if he won such a victory over the elite Kennedy family.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 05-13-2013 at 14:02..
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 14:50   #244
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Long thread, long responses. In long threads like this, everyone gets polarized, and nothing much new comes of it.

Oswald is the killer of Kennedy, just as sure as Obama has a legitimate Hawaiian birth certificate.
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 14:58   #245
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
LBJs psychology is all wrong for him to participate in a murder. I think of LBJ as a gutless liberal, all talk and great for spending other peoples money; and I can't imagine LBJ not bragging, Texas style, if he won such a victory over the elite Kennedy family.
I think that was the point of the History Channel show. He allegedly had bragged to at least one person, if you can believe them.

And, that points to another problem. Even when people come forward later, nobody believes them, so the first story on anything kind of self-reinforces.

Last edited by series1811; 05-13-2013 at 14:58..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 14:58   #246
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

There were two government inquiries into Kennedy's death. One said Oswald acted alone, the second, said at least four shots, very possibly more.

Oswald could not have taken four shots.

Guess which government investigation, was not railroaded by President Johnson?

Fact, bullet hole clean through windshield, proven by Secret Service log book, and many eye whiteness testimonies, including a doctor on a smoke break at Parkland hospital, who was an avid gun person, and knew what a bullet hole in a windshield looked like, and from which direction it came from, the front.

Another witness, working at Ford, reported he saw the vehicle at Ford in the following days, getting a new windshield, to replace the one with a bullet hole in it.
Old 05-13-2013, 15:06   #247
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Old 05-13-2013, 16:34   #248
DocCasualty

Quote:
And for years, there was claims that the people associated with opening King Tut's tomb all died by mysterious circumstances. Turns out all died pretty normally.

I don't want a book - I want a forensic pathologist to examine the evidence and tell me that (not if) Belzer is all wet.
Turns out all of these died pretty normally too. http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/deaths.htm
Old 05-13-2013, 16:51   #249
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCasualty View Post
Turns out all of these died pretty normally too. http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/deaths.htm
Oswald died pretty normally, right?
Old 05-13-2013, 17:26   #250
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
There were two government inquiries into Kennedy's death. One said Oswald acted alone, the second, said at least four shots, very possibly more.

Oswald could not have taken four shots.

Guess which government investigation, was not railroaded by President Johnson?

Fact, bullet hole clean through windshield, proven by Secret Service log book, and many eye whiteness testimonies, including a doctor on a smoke break at Parkland hospital, who was an avid gun person, and knew what a bullet hole in a windshield looked like, and from which direction it came from, the front.

Another witness, working at Ford, reported he saw the vehicle at Ford in the following days, getting a new windshield, to replace the one with a bullet hole in it.
Where are you getting that from?
Projection isn't analytically.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Last edited by TBO; 05-13-2013 at 17:26..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote