Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:05   #76
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat1 View Post
History of criminal behavior on the part of the deceased. More likelihood of reasonable doubt in the mind of jurors.
Exactly the kind of information universally prohibited from being presented to juries nationwide.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08   #77
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
...and the altercation happened on the sidewalk between two rows of houses in the general area of Martin's home which was no where near Z's parked truck. So did Martin 'stay in the area' or did Z go find him?
It started at the T-intersection.

It's not the general area of where Tracey Martin's girlfriend lived. That was several doors down. It was a short distance from where GZ's vehicle was parked. Why didn't TM go home?
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08   #78
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Exactly the kind of information universally prohibited from being presented to juries nationwide.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Do you have a source for that?
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35   #79
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
It started at the T-intersection.

It's not the general area of where Tracey Martin's girlfriend lived. That was several doors down. It was a short distance from where GZ's vehicle was parked. Why didn't TM go home?

I think you are a little confused. The altercation happened several doors down from his home which Martin had been certainly heading in the direction of. However, if I had a stranger following me I would have the common sense to not deliver them to my front door either.

Zimmerman first saw Martin walking towards the roadway entrance from the street entrance on Retreat View Circle and called 9-1-1 when he was near the clubhouse. He followed him onto Twin Trees Lane in his vehicle and parked his truck to search on foot after Martin continued down the sidewalk which goes between the two rows of home. The altercation happened on that sidewalk where Z walked in search of Martin and not where he was first encountered or even by his truck.

The question remains...did someone who had been creating distance suddenly come back or did Z find what he was looking for?

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

Last edited by ray9898; 05-03-2013 at 09:46..
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36   #80
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Nope.

If anyone I know or care about was being stalked in the streets by some down-on-his-luck loser though, I would hope they'd give him every bit of the whuppin' he deserved.

Zimmerman should have took the whuppin' he earned, went home, cleaned himself up, evaluated his life, and learned from it.

He chose to reach for his gun though, which he likely planned all along, and now he must pay for it.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46   #81
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Nope.

If anyone I know or care about was being stalked in the streets by some down-on-his-luck loser though, I would hope they'd give him every bit of the whuppin' he deserved.

Zimmerman should have took the whuppin' he earned, went home, cleaned himself up, evaluated his life, and learned from it.

He chose to reach for his gun though, which he likely planned all along, and now he must pay for it.

The Okie Corral
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47   #82
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Actually Zimmerman stated that during the altercation Trayvon, while straddling Zimmerman and repeatedly slamming his head into the sidewalk, bumped up against his gun and then made a move for the gun. Zimmerman got to it first and there was a brief struggle for control but then Trayvon was shot in the heart, ending the struggle.

He was very consistent with multiple walk-throughs of the whole thing. His story didn't change. It was only when the DeeDee "ear witness" testimony magically appeared at the last second that the prosecutor decided to press charges. However, DeeDee lied about her age (actually, her attorney Crump probably coached her to do so) and has been caught in subsequent lies (such as the reason shoe didn't go to the wake was because she was in the hospital grieving, when in fact she went to the mall, the movies, and didn't even bother mentioning Trayvon's death in all her tweets and Facebook posts that week...)

Then there is the problem with the phone records not matching any of her claims and the fact that Trayvon's phone battery was completely dead when it was found by police. Yah...

Last edited by Cybercowboy; 05-03-2013 at 09:49..
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52   #83
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Actually Zimmerman stated that during the altercation Trayvon, while straddling Zimmerman and repeatedly slamming his head into the sidewalk, bumped up against his gun and then made a move for the gun. Zimmerman got to it first and there was a brief struggle for control but then Trayvon was shot in the heart, ending the struggle.

He was very consistent with multiple walk-throughs of the whole thing. His story didn't change. It was only when the DeeDee "ear witness" testimony magically appeared at the last second that the prosecutor decided to press charges. However, DeeDee lied about her age (actually, her attorney Crump probably coached her to do so) and has been caught in subsequent lies (such as the reason shoe didn't go to the wake was because she was in the hospital grieving, when in fact she went to the mall, the movies, and didn't even bother mentioning Trayvon's death in all her tweets and Facebook posts that week...)

Then there is the problem with the phone records not matching any of her claims and the fact that Trayvon's phone battery was completely dead when it was found by police. Yah...
Kalishnakev argued this last year until he was blue in the face.

....Kalishnakev suffers from an extreme case of white guilt. I don't think any facts will be able to help him at this point.

Last edited by OctoberRust; 05-03-2013 at 09:52.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14   #84
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Actually Zimmerman stated that during the altercation Trayvon, while straddling Zimmerman and repeatedly slamming his head into the sidewalk, bumped up against his gun...
Well of course he did... he had just completed armed pursuit of some kid on a skittle run (supposedly because he didn't recognize him), blocked his attempt to flee, provoked an altercation, and murdered him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust
....Kalishnakev suffers from an extreme case of white guilt.
Neither party to this incident is white, so I'm not sure how this is at all relevant to me.

I do understand why you brought it up though- there is definite racial motivation behind the demonization of Martin and the willingness to overlook the criminal past and inexplicable account of Pervy George.

The race baiting around here has become more and more extreme over the last 5 years... it will only get worse.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19   #85
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:

Neither party to this incident is white, so I'm not sure how this is at all relevant to me.

I do understand why you brought it up though- there is definite racial motivation behind the demonization of Martin and the willingness to overlook the criminal past and inexplicable account of Pervy George.

The race baiting around here has become more and more extreme over the last 5 years... it will only get worse.

One resembles a Caucasian much more than the other though.

Otherwise, you seem to have either forgot the laws lawyers on this board brought before you, or you just tend to ignore them.

I hope you don't carry, since you clearly don't understand when it's legal, and when it's not to use lethal force.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26   #86
KalashniKEV

Quote:
However, if I had a stranger following me I would have the common sense to not deliver them to my front door either.
Standard advice to all kids is to run on home when being chased by a pervy stalker.

It's too bad Martin's father was not at home. Had it been me, I would have been on the line with Trayvon, standing by the door loaded and ready to make contact with Zimmerman.

Then the neighborhood gangbanger block captain would have found that piece of the thug life he so desperately wanted...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30   #87
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
One resembles a Caucasian much more than the other though.

And yet... less than Obama, no?

Quote:
I hope you don't carry, since you clearly don't understand when it's legal, and when it's not to use lethal force.
I do, George Zimmerman apparently does not.

He should have took his whuppin' and learned from it.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42   #88
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

One other big problem with DeeDee's "ear witness" testimony, other than all the other lies she's admitted to, is that she made no mention of the time Trayvon was in a vehicle during his famous "skittle's run". At the time her coach, pardon, her attorney Crump didn't realize that Trayvon's phone had pinged cell towers several miles away, in the pattern one sees when driving around Sanford, not walking. DeeDee claimed she was on the phone with Trayvon for hours and hours, including his walk to and from the store. But since she (or Crump) didn't realize that he was with those three knuckleheads that show up in the store video, Crump (I mean DeeDee) didn't know to lie about that part.

Despite the psycho-sexual arguments from drama class that a certain poster in this thread is attempting, Zimmerman had every right to flag Trayvon as a potential person of interest and get police over there to check him out.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46   #89
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:

And yet... less than Obama, no?

I do, George Zimmerman apparently does not.

He should have took his whuppin' and learned from it.

Yea, because getting your head smashed into concrete is just a "whuppin'" according to you.

I hope you don't have any family that get their head smashed into concrete, and end up dying as a result of not shooting some thug that ended up doing such. Or maybe then you can tell them "oh! well at least you took your whuppin'!"
Old 05-03-2013, 10:55   #90
KalashniKEV

Quote:
At the time her coach, pardon, her attorney Crump didn't realize that Trayvon's phone had pinged cell towers several miles away, in the pattern one sees when driving around Sanford, not walking.
Cybercowboy, several assertions you have made, including the above, are False.

You may have fallen victim to a fraudsite.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00   #91
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Yea, because getting your head smashed into concrete is just a "whuppin'" according to you.
It can be useful in knocking some sense into a person.

Quote:
I hope you don't have any family that get their head smashed into concrete, and end up dying as a result of not shooting some thug that ended up doing such. Or maybe then you can tell them "oh! well at least you took your whuppin'!"
If a family member of mine was out lookin' for action, conducted an armed pursuit, closed the distance, then made their attack... well... what's the saying?

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.

In this case, it happened to work both ways.

It remains my opinion that the best possible outcome would have been if Martin did a little work on Zimmerman's noggin and Zimmerman went home to contemplate the situation he created and why he did so.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01   #92
ray9898

Quote:

Despite the psycho-sexual arguments from drama class that a certain poster in this thread is attempting, Zimmerman had every right to flag Trayvon as a potential person of interest and get police over there to check him out.
Off topic but I really find this interesting. There were several huge topics on here over the last couple of weeks over someone walking down the road near a shopping mall with a rifle who was arrested.

The overwhelming opinion on here was LE had no business even making contact with him no matter what some 'sheeple' reported. It wasn't illegal to "walk down the street" even if he was at the ready with a rifle. Now in this case Z had "every right' to summon LE and track down Martin himself just because he didn't recognize him.

LOL...make up your mind GT. I just love how reasonable something in depends on which side the masses are pulling for.

Last edited by ray9898; 05-03-2013 at 11:05..
Old 05-03-2013, 11:05   #93
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Off topic but I really find this humorous. There were several huge topics over the last couple of weeks over someone walking down the road near a shopping mall with a rifle.

The overwhelming opinion on here was LE had no right to even contact him no matter what some 'sheeple' reported. It wasn't illegal to "walk down the street". Now in this case Z had "every right' to summon LE and track down Martin himself just because he didn't recognize him.

LOL...make up your mind GT.
But Trayvon was thuggin'!

Didn't you see the cell phone video of two kids fighting on the playground?

He was in it!

Well... not actually as one of the combatants... but you can see him there in the background... and I think he even talks!

PLUS- he smoked weed in High School!

PLUS- well... you know... he's black...

That other dude with the AR was part of the Kookistani Patriot Defense force... fighting for Freedom!

Old 05-03-2013, 11:13   #94
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Cybercowboy, several assertions you have made, including the above, are False.

You may have fallen victim to a fraudsite.
Perhaps you missed the last hearing when Mark O'Meara alludes to these ping logs and that they indicate Trayvon may have been in a vehicle that night. The prosecution went bat****. I guess watching the hearing is "falling victim to a fraudsite."
Old 05-03-2013, 11:14   #95
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

The Okie Corral
Old 05-03-2013, 11:19   #96
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Off topic but I really find this interesting. There were several huge topics on here over the last couple of weeks over someone walking down the road near a shopping mall with a rifle who was arrested.

The overwhelming opinion on here was LE had no business even making contact with him no matter what some 'sheeple' reported. It wasn't illegal to "walk down the street" even if he was at the ready with a rifle. Now in this case Z had "every right' to summon LE and track down Martin himself just because he didn't recognize him.

LOL...make up your mind GT. I just love how reasonable something in depends on which side the masses are pulling for.
Just because you have a bit of cognitive dissonance over two entirely different things doesn't mean I do. I don't remember even posting in the Texas rifle-carrying thread but if that guy had been carrying a rifle in a dark neighborhood that had had several incidents of armed break-ins, certainly calling a cop to check him out would be OK. Conversely, if Trayvon was walking down a road far from any homes, I don't think Zimmerman would have had any reason to have the police check him out.

See how that works? Pretty simple really. And Zimmerman didn't actively, physically detain Martin. He just called the cops, which is what he was told to do in such a case. Of course some people here imagine him stalking that poor angelic Skittle's munching future astronaut, but there's absolutely no evidence of that nor does it even make any sense.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23   #97
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
It will probably be kept out just like Zimmermans prior arrest for resisting arrest and battery on an LEO.
Keeping a defendant past away from the jurors in a trial is a normal legal process. The victim, on the other hand, is fair game if the defense attorney can get things brought in.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:27   #98
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Keeping a defendant past away from the jurors in a trial is a normal legal process. The victim, on the other hand, is fair game if the defense attorney can get things brought in.
Exactly. I can't believe people here think that Trayvon's past will be kept secret.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:35   #99
ray9898

Quote:
Just because you have a bit of cognitive dissonance over two entirely different things doesn't mean I do. I don't remember even posting in the Texas rifle-carrying thread but if that guy had been carrying a rifle in a dark neighborhood that had had several incidents of armed break-ins, certainly calling a cop to check him out would be OK. Conversely, if Trayvon was walking down a road far from any homes, I don't think Zimmerman would have had any reason to have the police check him out.

See how that works? Pretty simple really. And Zimmerman didn't actively, physically detain Martin. He just called the cops, which is what he was told to do in such a case. Of course some people here imagine him stalking that poor angelic Skittle's munching future astronaut, but there's absolutely no evidence of that nor does it even make any sense.
No...its not really that dissimilar. One situation was in a neighborhood and one was in a shopping district. Both were investigative complaints with no overt criminal act.

Also...your statement that he didn't try to detain Martin is simply your take on what has been released. We know he went looking for him, that is without question. What happened when he found him is what is in question. The only version of events that has been released is from the one still alive who has everything to gain by minimizing his involvement. He certainly was not standing by the mailboxes waiting for LE like was discussed with the dispatcher. In court is where both versions will come out and the jury can decide.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37   #100
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:

PLUS- well... you know... he's black...

Yup... And you said I was race baiting.

White guilt has got the best of you.
Closed Thread

Tags
empty threats, kalashnikev is special, kev is upset., kkev can't comment?, thin blue line, too many butt hurts here, trayvon martin, zimmerman