SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:00   #51
KalashniKEV

I know some punk kids like that.

You think it's cool if I stalk one of them down during the halftime show of a televised sporting event and put a few rounds in him?

Or maybe, you know, like... some other time like when he's out for candy or ice cream or something...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:01   #52
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
How can you file felony burglary charges with no victim?
Now, you've done it.
Old 05-02-2013, 15:55   #53
CAcop

We would have booked the backpack for safekeeping because the jail and the hall do not take backpacks. The jewelry would have been photographed and booked for safekeeping. He would have been able to pick it up when released. If he was not confined he would have walked with the stuff after being released. We would have taken pics.

The pics would have been to send around to other agencies to see if they recognized anything from their reports.

Of course most people do not have good descriptions of their jewelry. That and with multiple jurisdictions being involved it could be months before someone puts 2 and 2 together. Property crimes are the lowest priority. Our property crimes detectives have a caseload of 30-50 cases they are actively working at any one time. Person crimes detectives have a caseload of 10-30.

As for this info at trial, it will not be allowed. For it to be allowed he would have to have known it at the time of the shooting. One of the many reasons why if we have the time we will research a suspect as much as possible.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 05-02-2013, 16:39   #54
Bruce M

Had this information been available and publicized right after the shooting, I do wonder if it might have changed the whole media direction and if so possibly the decision as to whether or not to pursue criminal charges.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 05-02-2013, 19:44   #55
Gunboat1
Far Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

You think it's cool if I stalk one of them down during the halftime show of a televised sporting event and put a few rounds in him?

Or maybe, you know, like... some other time like when he's out for candy or ice cream or something...
No, but if they attack some homeowner trying to look after his neighborhood, beat him severely and get shot for their trouble....THAT's cool.

Society experiences a net gain.

"The sum of virtue is to be sociable with them that will be sociable, and formidable to them that will not." - Hobbes
Old 05-02-2013, 19:58   #56
ray9898

The biggest factor in this case is who was justified in self defense and that will depend entirely on what happened the moment the two met. Did Martin really come back and confront Z after sprinting away or did Z find what he was obviously looking for in his continued search?

Most completely discount that the actions of Z could have allowed Martin to be justified in using physical force to defend himself. It seems most say "he is injured so that proves the other person was the aggressor". If Martin was justified in using the force the injuries to Z prove nothing.

Which one can prove it will be the question.
Old 05-02-2013, 20:21   #57
Andy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
It will probably be kept out just like Zimmermans prior arrest for resisting arrest and battery on an LEO.
Having looked at some of the preliminary decisions, I would guess that Zimmerman's record is far more likely to come in as substantive rebuttal evidence.

Since any accusation against Trayvon did not involve violence, it won't come in as substantive evidence, and since there was no conviction it would be very unlikely to come in at all.

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn are put in the same box."

"The camel dances, and having danced, moves on."
Old 05-02-2013, 20:28   #58
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
Having looked at some of the preliminary decisions, I would guess that Zimmerman's record is far more likely to come in as substantive rebuttal evidence.

Since any accusation against Trayvon did not involve violence, it won't come in as substantive evidence, and since there was no conviction it would be very unlikely to come in at all.
How would that get "entered" or brought up in the trial?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 05-02-2013, 20:30   #59
moeman

and Zimmerman was virgin white before the case? NOPE!

and presently Zimmerman is the one who killed a man after being instructed by the police to back off.

..."In 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." Both these felonies are considered third-degree. Due to his desperate attempts, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then the only remaining charge was also completely waived off when he entered an alcohol education program.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted."

Last edited by moeman; 05-03-2013 at 05:00..
Old 05-02-2013, 20:35   #60
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
If I took jewelry from someone on a traffic stop because the owner could not prove where they got it I guarantee GT would not be so supportive. I would be called a thief, people would demand my badge and an arrest with the harshest punishment.
You are damn right some of us would.

Quote:
This case is different simply because hind sight is always 20/20.
This case is no different. There was not ample evidence that he had committed a crime and the police seemed to have acted appropriately based upon the lack of evidence.

He doesnt have to prove the jewelry was his, the burden of proof that a crime was committed lays with the police/da.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
Old 05-02-2013, 20:38   #61
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
The biggest factor in this case is who was justified in self defense and that will depend entirely on what happened the moment the two met. Did Martin really come back and confront Z after sprinting away or did Z find what he was obviously looking for in his continued search?

Most completely discount that the actions of Z could have allowed Martin to be justified in using physical force to defend himself. It seems most say "he is injured so that proves the other person was the aggressor". If Martin was justified in using the force the injuries to Z prove nothing.

Which one can prove it will be the question.
It will be an interesting trial. I suspect not all details have been leaked...

I think Z is supported more on GT because martin is a "thug", there are people who picture themselves as batman, and in general a CCWer cannot possibly be wrong.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13   #62
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat1 View Post
No, but if they attack some homeowner trying to look after his neighborhood, beat him severely and get shot for their trouble....THAT's cool.

Society experiences a net gain.
I'm not sure... who says Martin attacked first? Zimmerman?

Whether it was advice/commands/ instructions or whatever from the authorities, Zimmerman made the decision in the course of his armed pursuit to leave his vehicle and give footchase.

Why was Zimmerman rollin' through the hood with a gun looking for people he didn't know to accost?

There has been much made of Trayvon smoking weed (lots of teens do), having jewelry, and even being video taped in the background of a playground fight between two other youngsters ()... what about Zimmerman?

This is an undeducated guy with rap sheet for fighting cops in bars, wife beating, and... oh, yeah... did you guys forget that he repeatedly tried to sexxx up his first cousin???

This is a sick and deranged individual, no doubt. More will be exposed for sure.

Quote:
Did Martin really come back and confront Z after sprinting away or did Z find what he was obviously looking for in his continued search?
This.

Quote:
It seems most say "he is injured so that proves the other person was the aggressor".
And this.

Quote:
I think Z is supported more on GT because martin is a "thug", there are people who picture themselves as batman, and in general a CCWer cannot possibly be wrong.
Absolutely this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
It will be an interesting trial.
Most definitely!

(The Florida ones always are!)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37   #63
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

The undercover cop who Zimmerman got in a "fight" with was hassling Zimmeran's friend, trying to take him out of the bar, and had not at any point identified himself as a LEO. Zimmerman tried to defend his friend. Only after the altercation did the undercover bar cop decide to press charges and make it look like Zimmerman was trying to interfere with an arrest.

You people defending Trayvon may not realize that:

He was suspended for over 50 days his last two semesters of school. He had been kicked out of one school already.

He punched a bus driver.

He participated in fight clubs.

What teenager is in possession of women's jewelry in a backpack at HS? The jewelry had been reported stolen, with descriptions, prior to the jewelry being found in Trayvon's backpack along with a screwdriver, something not allowed at school and many kids get kicked out for less (it's a weapon, dontchaknow.)

Trayvon was seen skulking around during school hours in places he was not supposed to be, and had committed vandalism on school property, caught on video.

There was a recent rash of burglaries and break-ins in Zimmeran's apartment complex and, as the captain of the neighborhood watch, perhaps that would explain what he was doing looking for suspicious characters.

Trayvon did not just walk to the store and back. Cell phone ping records indicate he was in a vehicle at some point during his little trip. There is video at the store of him interacting with three other juveniles in a vehicle.

Zimmerman did indeed break off pursuit when the dispatcher told him "you don't need to do that." However, Trayvon felt dissed and decided to play the knockout game, something he enjoyed (ask the bus driver...)

Zimmerman was an activist who just the year before worked on behalf of helping a black man who was wrongly accused of assault on a homeless guy. His activism led directly to the man being cleared of the charges.

Last edited by Cybercowboy; 05-03-2013 at 07:41..
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57   #64
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
The undercover cop who Zimmerman got in a "fight" with was hassling Zimmeran's friend...
Wow... that's quite a spirited defense of Zimmerman.

Even I can admit that they were both dirtbags. Zimmerman is the only one with a rap sheet though.

What makes you want to jump in bed with the guy like that?

And more importantly, back to the original question... which is the only thing that matters... Martin was making a skittle run during half time of watching the NBA all star game with his father... how did Zimmerman manage to insert himself into his life and kill him on his return?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01   #65
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

A dislike of authority, and a rebel kinship.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04   #66
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Wow... that's quite a spirited defense of Zimmerman.

Even I can admit that they were both dirtbags. Zimmerman is the only one with a rap sheet though.

What makes you want to jump in bed with the guy like that?

And more importantly, back to the original question... which is the only thing that matters... Martin was making a skittle run during half time of watching the NBA all star game with his father... how did Zimmerman manage to insert himself into his life and kill him on his return?
No he wasn't. His father wasn't there, nor was his father's GF. They got home sometime around midnight. He had left lil' Trayvon in charge of babysitting his younger cousin while they went out on the town. Trayvon left his cousin alone at the apartment for well over an hour. He didn't just go to the store to get skittles and watermelon tea (two of the three ingredients for a narcotic drink that Trayvon had bragged on his YT channel he was really into.)

There is video of him interacting with three juveniles with a car, and his cell phone pinged towers miles from his supposed walking route. The knuckleheads he was seen with at the store bought blunts.

I think you had your mind made up that Zimmerman was guilty. You sure like to call him a dirt bag for getting into an altercation at a bar 8 years ago. However, I would imagine that the black dude that he helped get out of jail for being wrongly accused of assault would beg to differ.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07   #67
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

BTW, people may not realize that the reason Zimmerman got his CHL was because he was attacked by a pit bull while doing his neighborhood watch thing a couple of years before the shooting incident. He asked a cop what he should do to prevent such a thing from happening again. The cop told him "get a gun" and he did just that.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09   #68
ray9898

Defending? All I see is some saying is the running assumption on here of what took place may be flawed. Just a few details either way what happened the moment they met will justify who was justified in self defense. Much of the evidence can be used to support actions on either side.

We know the interaction happened well over a 200 yards from where the two first laid eyes on each other. We know from Z's account Martin was aware he was being followed and was trying to create distance from him by walking and finally running. We know Z continued to search for Martin after LE was on the way because "these *******s always get away". We know Z parked his truck in the street and began searching on foot.

So....again. Did Z find what he was looking for and attempt to unlawfully hold Martin for LE or does someone who just spent several minutes avoiding a stranger following them suddenly come back for violence?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:17   #69
DonGlock26

Quote:

You think it's cool if I stalk one of them down during the halftime show of a televised sporting event and put a few rounds in him?*

Did they break your nose and try to bash your brains in for calling the police on them? Would you just let them beat you to death?
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Last edited by DonGlock26; 05-03-2013 at 08:18..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25   #70
DonGlock26

Quote:
Defending? All I see is some saying is the running assumption on here of what took place may be flawed. Just a few details either way what happened the moment they met will justify who was justified in self defense. Much of the evidence can be used to support actions on either side.

We know the interaction happened well over a 200 yards from where the two first laid eyes on each other. We know from Z's account Martin was aware he was being followed and was trying to create distance from him by walking and finally running. We know Z continued to search for Martin after LE was on the way because "these *******s always get away". We know Z parked his truck in the street and began searching on foot.

So....again. Did Z find what he was looking for and attempt to unlawfully hold Martin for LE or does someone who just spent several minutes avoiding a stranger following them suddenly come back for violence?
The problem for the Martin supporters is that TM only lived a few doors down the little sidewalk T-intersection. GZ was on the phone with police when he lost sight of him. GZ continued to hold a conversation with the police for about 2 minutes. TM had plenty of time to run home or even walk home. There was no foot pursuit by the pudgy GZ. TM stayed in the area.

7:11:42 TM takes off running. GZ gets out of his vehicle door chime can be heard.
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Last edited by DonGlock26; 05-03-2013 at 08:26..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31   #71
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Did they break your nose and try to bash your brains in for calling the police on them? Would you just let them beat you to death?
Nope.

If anyone I know or care about was being stalked in the streets by some down-on-his-luck loser though, I would hope they'd give him every bit of the whuppin' he deserved.

Zimmerman should have took the whuppin' he earned, went home, cleaned himself up, evaluated his life, and learned from it.

He chose to reach for his gun though, which he likely planned all along, and now he must pay for it.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32   #72
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
The problem for the Martin supporters is that TM only lived a few doors down the little sidewalk T-intersection. GZ was on the phone with police when he lost sight of him. GZ continued to hold a conversation with the police for about 2 minutes. TM had plenty of time to run home or even walk home. There was no foot pursuit by the pudgy GZ. TM stayed in the area.

7:11:42 TM takes off running. GZ gets out of his vehicle door chime can be heard.

...and the altercation happened on the sidewalk between two rows of houses in the general area of Martin's home which was no where near Z's parked truck where he was on the phone with 9-1-1. So did Martin 'stay in the area' of his house after fleeing there or did Z simply go find him? To me that means its obvious Z continued his stalk. I don't see how that is a 'problem' for anyone other than Z. For example, if the altercation happened at the truck I would say its a problem for Martin indicating he came back

Last edited by ray9898; 05-03-2013 at 09:07..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42   #73
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

The Okie Corral
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:47   #74
mgs
Always Carrying

Scum is Scum.....Karma Baby!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59   #75
DonGlock26

Quote:
Nope.
Then, you would save your own life. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
empty threats, kalashnikev is special, kev is upset., kkev can't comment?, thin blue line, too many butt hurts here, trayvon martin, zimmerman