SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:50   #121
markerbeacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
THIS IS A NO JUDGEMENT THREAD!!! People state their reason and that is that, whatever it may be.

Is there anyone here who doesnt drink at all?

Would you mind telling us why?
No, I donít drink alcohol due the number of drugs I take to keep me alive.
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12   #122
BradD

Nope, never have. I think I had one drink of some kind of hard drink early in HS and one drink of wine at some other point down the line, but that's it.

Had no interest in HS because I was (probably too) extremely serious about my weight lifting and football. I regret being so serious about football, and wish I would've shifted that effort over to WLing.

In college, I was almost always worn completely out and studying during times people were drinking. As I posted in another thread, engineering school was brutally difficult. It was worse for me because I came from an academically weak rural HS. I was on the powerlifting team also, so was training pretty seriously year-round.

After that: family. Again, no interest, nor time. Fast forward 17 years and situation's the same.

It's very good that I don't drink. I've come to understand that I have a very over-the-top addictive personality. I'll over-do anything I do, or I won't do it at all. Little middle ground. I would probably destroy myself if I drank.
Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13
BradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14   #123
fgutie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
i've thought long and hard about changing it, but then i'd have to remember a whole new username and password, and i'd feel like some sort of wuss for dropping my name, almost like i was trying to hide my past.

i am who i am and i've done what i've done. good or bad i am known by my name and by my word.
I would suggest you leave it alone. It will help phsycologically to keep yourself in-check. Also will serve as a testimony to help others. I know you don't believe on this, and I respect that, but God works in mysterius ways.
Don't take it personal, is no my intent to offend.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16   #124
itstime

I don't. I get to be a Super Hero, stupid and lose control.. That was a long long long time ago.

When people tell you what you did the prior night and you have no memory what-so-ever doing it it is time to take control back of yourself.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:30   #125
Orive 8

I can't say that I have never drunk alcohol; but I can say that in my 50 years; I have never been drunk and that I have only tried alcohol around 2 dozen times.

I don't drink cuz I don't see any reason to drink. I don't like being around people that "have to drink" to have a good time, same goes for my wife. We have always been able to have a good time without needing a drink.

The last few years we have been getting together with a 3 other couples for a game night once a month/or every other month. Alcohol is present, and I have tried a few "concoctions" that have been made, but I still drink my Coke (now Coke Zero - part of my recent decision to loose some weight, 28 lbs lost with another 5 to go!).

On a side note; what is cool about our game night is 7 out of the 8 present CCW daily; the one that does not is my friend's wife who works as a Corrections Sgt. Very cool to get together with like minds!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37   #126
Merlin40
Merlin40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Seriously not trolling, but where does
It say getting drunk is a sin?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
"1 Co. 6:9-10. Here, the Bible teaches that drunkenness will send a person to hell. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Hope that helps
Merlin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:39   #127
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

I would say that I barely drink. Maybe once every 1-2 months I'll have one.

When I was younger - not the case.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:16   #128
MaxxAction

I drink...

occasionaly. I used to party a lot when I was young, but even then, I just drank til I got a good buzz. It was a lot more fun to stay coherent and watch the other people get slobbering drunk stupid.

Now it is maybe a shot or two of crown royal and sierra mist, a couple glasses of wine, or a beer or two is about the extent of it for me.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39   #129
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

I don't drink because I don't like the taste of alcohol.

Sent from the Tardis using psychic paper.
Old 05-01-2013, 13:21   #130
nursetim

I drink so rarely that most consider me a tea totaler. Just never had much use for it. Don't particularly care for the sensation. I like to drive. Last time I got blasted was 12 yrs ago at a friends wedding. It was the first time my wife saw me drunk. She says I'm a happy drunk. I also hate yaking.

Interesting observation, in the US I got all kinds of grief for not drinking. When I went over to Wales, UK and Europe in general, where drinking is an elementary school activity, well almost, no one said boo about it to me. Not the least little bit of grief. Strange I thought, still think that.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 13:59   #131
Ricky Ricardo

I donít drink at all.

This is a personal preference based on having family members who were heavy drinkers. And personally I find that drinkers tend to be a little too obnoxious to suit me. Iím not usually openly judgmental about drinking, I just donít hang out with folks who do.
Ricky Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:08   #132
bingoke

I was an alcoholic till I almost lost my wife and three kids.
Then I attended the AA for almost a year.
Now, since 12 years I'm completely sober and I haven't had a problem with it.
Since I don't drink anymore, my life COMPETELY changed.
Before, I lived on an island: alone.
Now I have a family and friends, a good job... I'm happy that I found soberness.
I really hope someone reads my post and that it's helping him/her.
Stay cool!
bingoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:30   #133
Powermwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
THIS IS A NO JUDGEMENT THREAD!!! People state their reason and that is that, whatever it may be.

Is there anyone here who doesnt drink at all?

Would you mind telling us why?
I have not had a drink of any sort since 1992.

That was the year I had my first heart bypass operation. I take medication that is not compatible with alcohol.

That is 21 years. I can't smoke for the same reasons. I miss smoking more than drinking but it is kind of fun to watch my friends party... Mr. Booze in not most people's friend.
Powermwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 14:57   #134
CBennett

I just drink "lightly" on my days off only. I may have 1 ONE beer each day OR a small glass of Scotch,Bourbon or wine...now and then when it gets real wild I will have a Beer and a shot ONE night of my days off! but thats it ....now and then maybe a glass of Saki or Wine . I probably drink enough to get drunk 2X a year when out camping or at a wedding or something and never am CCing or driving if I do.

i figured at that rate its not doing anything detrimental to me(if anything at the rate I drink it may be beneficial from many reviews ive read ) so no need to quit.

Last edited by CBennett; 05-01-2013 at 14:58..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:44   #135
Singlemalt
In the rough

<--------- as my SN says, I do enjoy beverages in a very wide range.

I do enjoy it, will continue to do so. It is something that I took further and I do own a beer/wine store. We do many setups, tastings, have chefs preparing food, the participation is really amazing.

I understand those that do not like the taste, some scotches are definitely not for everyone, even those that like. For me much of my drinking goes in seasons. Colder weather I tend to single malts and cabernets. Warmer weather and I am far more inclined to beers. Being in the business we have a nice array of brews, pretty much one that can satisfy anyone's taste.
Old 05-01-2013, 15:45   #136
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Never touched it, ever.

I have no judgement for those that do drink. I would drink if not for religious reasons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:49   #137
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

For the tee totallers here... I tip my hat to you! For those of us that do imbibe... be responsible, be safe. Stupid hurts... sometimes for a very, very long time.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:50   #138
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin40 View Post
"1 Co. 6:9-10. Here, the Bible teaches that drunkenness will send a person to hell. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Hope that helps
So what is the definition of a drunkard? Is that someone who is belligerent when they're drunk? Is that an alcoholic? Is it someone who gets drunk for fun? Is it someone who only gets drunk once in their life? Is it someone who enjoys drinking but doesn't get drunk and just likes the taste? What makes someone a drunkard in the eyes of the bible?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 15:53   #139
voomie

I quit drinking because I was becoming an alcoholic if not already. I have over a year sober right now. I also quit because my mom is an alcoholic and it tore the family apart.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
voomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 16:05   #140
MCunningham

Don't drink, happily recovering alcoholic.
MCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote