Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:04   #201
philobeddoe
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't drink ... powerless over alcohol, life had become unmanageable.
philobeddoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50   #202
cadillacguns

You drink during your lifetime, or in my case a span of twenty some years, I can't tell you how much trouble alcohol does to your body, and others if your an alcoholic. I quit cold turkey one day, wasnt easy, been alcohol free over twenty some years now. That was my problem, Jim Beam and a case of beer each friday, was my weekend. How many times DUI? Never got stopped, never crashed, never hit anyone or anything. Thank GOD. Wished I would never had started, but I didnt know that back then.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21   #203
Kcolg

Don't drink, never tried alcohol, never had the desire to even try it. Grew with a dad that was an alcoholic and watching that tear our family apart. This was in the early 80's and we spent nearly $100k sending him all over the country to different programs to help him. Pretty much bankrupted our family for years. So no desire..... ever...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26   #204
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
THIS IS A NO JUDGEMENT THREAD!!! People state their reason and that is that, whatever it may be.

Is there anyone here who doesnt drink at all?

Would you mind telling us why?
I don't drink booze at all..only maybe once a year if that. Now back in my early twenties we used to go to booby bars and I would drink like a siv(sic). Then I almost died from alcohol poisoning and I quit..cold turkey. My old man is an alcoholic and he was a nasty s.o.b so I guess it is better this way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:25   #205
glockess56
CLM Number 295
Charter Lifetime Member

It's quite simple why I don't drink. I'm a recovering alcoholic of 37 years.
glockess56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:36   #206
zo6kid

Use to drink, my exwife started drinking Beer back `73, she turned into a alcoholic, what a miserble life we had. Stayed married for 27 years,left the B#^$h lost everything but my Ass ,that was in 2000,haven`t drank since !!!!
zo6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:37   #207
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Between 7:00am - 3:30pm on weekdays not a drop. The rest of the time is fair game.
Old 05-02-2013, 14:44   #208
jkglock32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
life is too short to stay sober all the time.
life is too short to stay messed up all the time.

i dont drink anymore. i am a recovering alcoholic and am very grateful to be sober today. if someone wants to drink that is there prerogative and no one else's business. i have been around people drinking and i choose not too. i will not allow alcohol in my house though, at all. my house my rules. what someone does at there house i cant control but i do have the ability to leave if i feel uncomfortable at any time.
If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, then please vote for somebody else in 2012to prove you're not an idiot. Thank you... Concerned citizens of America.:50cal:
jkglock32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:45   #209
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo

I don't drink.

There's not enough booze in the World to get me to where I want to go.
Old 05-02-2013, 14:51   #210
Jakestir

Once or twice a month. The amount of time I have to spend in the gym keeps me away from the booze.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 14:59   #211
boxer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkglock32 View Post
life is too short to stay messed up all the time.

i dont drink anymore. i am a recovering alcoholic and am very grateful to be sober today. if someone wants to drink that is there prerogative and no one else's business. i have been around people drinking and i choose not too. i will not allow alcohol in my house though, at all. my house my rules. what someone does at there house i cant control but i do have the ability to leave if i feel uncomfortable at any time.
First, I deeply congratulate you on your kicking of alcohol. I've never battled with addiction personally but have had many friends who have. Some are no longer around to tell the horrors, but from the ones who are, it's no joke. Some people can keep a lid on their habits, others can't. You hit the nail on the head as well, you can't be messed up all the time either, it's all about that healthy balance. It's no one's place either to dictate what that balance is. A bible or certain religious beliefs doesn't give someone the right either, it's up to that person or their family/friends, or in SOME cases, their doctor to decide.

Last edited by boxer01; 05-02-2013 at 15:05..
boxer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:03   #212
F350

In my younger drinking days I would periodically declare a dry month, nothing scheduled just twice a year or so go into work, see it was the 1st and decide nothing for the month. I told myself if I ever had trouble making a month I would never touch another drop; never did have trouble going a month, missed it especially when out with a group but never felt I NEEDED a drink.

I do enjoy my high proof bourbon and have bottles of the best made, but usually hold it down to ~2 oz when I do have a drink, every so often I do like to get a little buzz going at home and go up to 4 oz (at 107-143 proof that's plenty).

I have a family history of cardio-vascular problems and every cardiologist I have seen says 1-2 oz of alcohol a day does far more good than harm.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:09   #213
ked

i don't drink. never did. tasted beer and wine but didn't like it. others told me that it was an acquired taste. i figured "why acquire a taste for something i didn't like?"

i am 55.

ked
Old 05-02-2013, 15:16   #214
Rich22

Surprising for a 34 year old male, maybe 10 drinks in my life, never been drunk. Cannot stand the taste of anything I have yet found and with the medication that I am currently on adding alcohol to that would make for a more interesting life than I probably want.
Rich22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 15:26   #215
jg420

I do not drink and hate alcohol. I hate the way it makes me feel, and everyone in my family drank so I got to see people make fools of themselves while thinking I don't want to look like that. Got drunk when I was 19-20 bad, and had alcohol poisoning for a couple days. It left a nasty taste in my mouth towards alcohol and getting drunk. I also ran my parents liquor stores for years and got to see the otherside of alcohol addiction.
Kalashnikov Klub #0420
jg420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:00   #216
Wetrudgeon

Serious alcoholism in our family, and "science" suggests that the weakness for it is genetic. We therefore gave it up altogether when the kids were born so they would never see Mom and Dad imbibe. Kids grown now, but no interest in taking it up again. Kids don't drink. All good.

We trudge on (sober).
Wetrudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:40   #217
TreverSlyFox

I'm a Baptist and have given up alcohol because it doesn't fit in with my life, it was a choice I made.
Old 05-02-2013, 16:50   #218
rilkil23

I'm 40 years old and haven't drank since I decided to carry a gun under the laws in Colorado. I don't miss drinking and its made me realize how bad I really was at it. Two years ago was my last hang over.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
rilkil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 16:58   #219
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
In my younger drinking days I would periodically declare a dry month, nothing scheduled just twice a year or so go into work, see it was the 1st and decide nothing for the month. I told myself if I ever had trouble making a month I would never touch another drop; never did have trouble going a month, missed it especially when out with a group but never felt I NEEDED a drink.

I do enjoy my high proof bourbon and have bottles of the best made, but usually hold it down to ~2 oz when I do have a drink, every so often I do like to get a little buzz going at home and go up to 4 oz (at 107-143 proof that's plenty).

I have a family history of cardio-vascular problems and every cardiologist I have seen says 1-2 oz of alcohol a day does far more good than harm.
True, my Grandfather had 4 brothers, he and all the brothers died right at 80 years (heart). None of them drank but one and he lived to 94.
Old 05-02-2013, 16:59   #220
CAPBUSTER

Don't drink. Nothing to be gained and everything to lose.
CAPBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote