Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2013, 19:17   #226
1smoothredneck

I don't drink

At all. I'm 1/4 Cherokee, and I just never wanted to roll the dice with it. I will say I've never seen any good come from it, but I HAVE seen very much sorrow come from drinking. Just not for me. And, as one of very few, and sometimes the ONLY sober person at some parties when I was younger, I can honestly say drinking does not improve most people.
1smoothredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 19:28   #227
bimmer2325

I may drink 2 beers a year. It is usually when I am invited to my German boss' house. I think he considers it rude if I don't have a beer.
Old 05-02-2013, 21:26   #228
Manofprint

Dont drink Anymore. I drank enough for my lifetime by 27. 8 years off the drugs and booze
Florida Glocker #1108
http://www.causes.com/causes/443593?...er_id=52731814
http://s3.bite-fight.u/c.php?uid=101600
http://www.ppl.blastoffnetwork.com/RobC
Manofprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:12   #229
AdobeGlock

I tried drinking in high school and collage and just never liked the taste of any alcohol. Done.
AdobeGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:20   #230
Volksman

I don't drink anymore.

I drink just as much.

Last edited by Volksman; 05-02-2013 at 22:22..
Volksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 22:58   #231
Mike Rittenour

I dont drink at all! There is a member of my family who has an extreme weakness to alcohol, and I was never really that into it, So not having it around is just best for her, and I really dont miss it!
Old 05-02-2013, 22:58   #232
Gonzoso

I drank way too much from 18 to 24. Stopped completely 12/09 and didn't drink a sip until 1/12, at a new years party where I flew down in a private plane to a rented beach house with a hot tub and a bunch of really good friends.

I have a beer here and there with dinner now, and sometimes go a long time without drinking, or I might have a little gathering and have some beer and spirits.

Right now I'm not drinking because I'm trying to lose some winter weight and booze makes people fat. Way too many calories, a decent beer is 200+ as is a shot. So a hard night of drinking could double a persons daily caloric intake, not good!

So until I drop 20 pounds I limit myself to one beer if I'm eating something amazing like bear burgers or hot wings.

I won't drink light beer because it's swill, if I need fewer calories I'd rather have water.
Old 05-02-2013, 23:05   #233
goldenlight

I don't drink at all. Alcohol give me a horrible headache.

It's like I get the hangover right away, only worse.

I don't miss it, either.
Old 05-02-2013, 23:13   #234
whoops dude

Naw not anymore. Realized I was literally pissing money and time away.

Deuteronomy 15:11
You cannot follow Christ and not care about others.
whoops dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 23:28   #235
rfontes

I gave it up. My best friend quit drinking too about the same time I stopped. I just stay busy, & lay off the sauce.

Last edited by rfontes; 05-02-2013 at 23:46..
rfontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49   #236
GIockGuy24
Bring M&M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
I don't drink at all. Alcohol give me a horrible headache.

It's like I get the hangover right away, only worse.

I don't miss it, either.
It's the same for me. I don't drink at all. I studied for 4 years in Belgium, which has 500 types of beer. I tried the beer my first year and one beer would give me a pounding, throbbing headache. During the 4 years I would sometimes try one beer when I was thirsty, thinking my young body might adjust to it. By the 4th year it only took half of a beer to give me an immediate headache. Not a good feeling and not a healthy feeling. In America I drive too much to even think about trying a drink. I don't drink at all.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07   #237
mrt949

Had open heart surgery in 1988 double bypass I was 38 years old .In 1991 doctor said if you don't change your life style you WON'T SEE your next birthday.So I took his advice . DON'T MISS IT. WILL BE 64 IN SEPTENBER .

Last edited by mrt949; 05-03-2013 at 08:41..
mrt949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11   #238
jasonvp
Lifetime Membership
Kantre Member

Send a message via AIM to jasonvp
Wow, this thread got big rather quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Is there anyone here who doesnt drink at all?

Would you mind telling us why?
I don't. I've stated several times: I've never even had a sip of an alcoholic beverage. I have no idea what it's like and I never will.

The reasons? Numerous. A few:
  • I like my wits about me at ALL times. No exceptions. No questions. I relax when I sleep. When I'm awake, I'm ... I dunno how to properly put it... "on". I don't want that dulled.
  • Alcoholism is hereditary from what the medical field says. My father was one. While I've literally inherited nothing from him, my luck states that his alcoholism is the only thing I would inherit. No thanks.
  • Attached to that was a warning my father gave me one day, back when I was a young teenager. He said, very clearly, "I don't care how old you are. If I ever find out you've had a drink, I'll f'ing kill you." He knew his weakness, and didn't want to see his boy fall prey to the same sickness. He's been dead for a lot of years, but to this day: I'm still scared of him.
  • Health reasons: I know Type 1 diabetics that drink and are successful at it. There are a few extra steps a diabetic has to take before drinking. It's not something I want to worry about.
  • Again with the health reasons: There's more benefit to not ever starting than there is to starting and taking it easy. Yes, I know a lot of the industry seems to think that, "A glass of wine is good for you!!" It's better for your liver, brain, and other body parts if you just don't ever start.
That's why.

jas
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46   #239
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Alcohol is evil, but dont worry, GTDS is working tireleassly to reduce the amount of it in the world
Old 05-03-2013, 09:20   #240
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool64 View Post
I was just thinkin'... Don't you know BEER???
I see what you did there my friend, it took me a minute though
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47   #241
Ricky Ricardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30SF/F-250 View Post
One time I drank; my wife left me, the dog died, the preacher came to the house and told me I was going to hell, all the grass in my yard turned brown, my truck blew up, my front porch caught on fire, the weed eater wouldn't crank, I stubbed my toe, and I got a summons for jury duty.

I ain't touched the stuff since.
Lay down some chords to this post and you have a country song.
Ricky Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31   #242
antipop

Over the last 6 or 7 years, I have not drank to the point of intoxication. 4 of those years, I didnt have any alcohol at all. If I do have a drink, its usually a glass of mead or a Belgian lambic at home.
I did my stint of moderate-heavy drinking between ages 21-30. I seem to have lost interest in making alcohol a main part of my life. If it wasnt for my discovery of meads and those Belgians (thanks to the bar I bounce at on weekends) I wouldn't indulge at all.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00   #243
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

Never have. I kep the promise that most 8 year old make to themselves when they see adults drinking and smoking/doing drugs. We all say "I'll never do that". Well, I kept that promise.

It's rather difficult being the only sober person in a family full of drinkers (my in-laws). But, they have gotten used to me.

Got some strange looks when I was in the Marine Corps. Once I turned 21, I think I had about a 2 year span where I never paid to put gas in my car. Being the DD does have some advangtages. Although I've been accused of cock-blocking more times than I can count. If I had a cell phone with a decent camera I could have had photographic proof that I actually saved my buddies lives more than once. Plus, most guys ARE NOT better fighters when drunk. They think they are, until they wake up the next morning.

To Kevin and Jason; I'm sorry I was not there when you two picked up the 7-Eleven clerk and had a three way with her (until her biker husband came home). Thankfully for you two the clap is cureable.

Now, I don't drink and it's actually a point of pride. In my circles I'm the only one who does not drink.

Last edited by aplcr0331; 05-03-2013 at 11:00..
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 16:30   #244
crand16rams

I don't at all, though I did drink some in my younger days. I had a daughter, who when she was 8 or so, was involved in her school's DARE program, and she cried when I ordered a drink at a restaurant. I promised her then that if she would not drink or do drugs, I wouldn't drink anymore, either. That was 13 years ago...

As far as I know, she's kept her end of the deal, too.
crand16rams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:45   #245
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
I don't drink, at all, and haven't since about 1995. I'll cook with beer occasionally but I don't drink at all.
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:52   #246
selogic

A couple of beers a year . I'm not judgemental about drinking except for drunk drivers . First time DWI should be a mandatory 3 days in jail and get drastically more harsh for each repeat offense .
selogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:59   #247
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
which is why alcohol leads to more fun!
yup...all fun and games. starts with a few drinks, ends with you in a hotel room dressed in a big pink bunny costume and a dead hooker in the bathtub....

i mean....

nevermind.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 19:14   #248
tryn2hrd

I don't drink anymore.I did from 18 to age 52 just decided it wasnt going to rule my life anymore.My problem was i couldn't just drink one or two beers,one beer and it was on.I would drink till i couldn't. Woke up one mourning and said that's it,no more.That was 8 years ago.
tryn2hrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 19:44   #249
fg17

I don't drink from sat to thurs, but Friday if Im not working
I may have a few and maybe a cigar or cig. Kinda of counterproductive because the rest of the week I lift weights, run and practice martial arts. Also still sometimes work the bar and spent many years bouncing so I'm carefull when drinking in public. There are a lot of people I have had to remove from the bars through the years and a lot of them would like a little pay back so I never drink so much that I become an easy target.

Last edited by fg17; 05-03-2013 at 19:49..
fg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 20:01   #250
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
yup...all fun and games. starts with a few drinks, ends with you in a hotel room dressed in a big pink bunny costume and a dead hooker in the bathtub....

i mean....

nevermind.
http://youtu.be/uIBU-DaJJOk

Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire