GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:04   #1
lethal tupperwa

Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With .25 Cal Pistol The stuff of legends?

Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With .25 Cal Pistol This is a story of self control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself? The Beretta Jetfire:
Here is her story: While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today! Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took. The bear got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:14   #2
Batesmotel

A bear surprises two hikers in the woods. The bear stops and just looks at them from up the trail. One of them slowly slips off his boots and looks in his pack for his running shoes that he wears around camp after the days hiking.

His friend says "Are you crazy? You can't outrun a bear!"

The first hiker says "I don't have to outrun him. I just need to outrun you."
Old 04-23-2013, 18:33   #3
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:05   #4
SCmasterblaster

Old 04-25-2013, 17:27   #5
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With .25 Cal Pistol This is a story of self control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself? The Beretta Jetfire:
Here is her story: While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today! Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took. The bear got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
Brilliant!
Old 04-26-2013, 13:22   #6
Rotn1

The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper
Rotn1 is offline   Reply With Quote