Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-21-2013, 18:29   #1
Queen Bee

SGL31 issues help please.

wondering what the value of an Arsenal made SGL31-61.

seller has one with only 300 rounds of non corrosive through it.

asking 1400$.

AWB compliance issue , yes MA still has it

almost everything is good. but i have to pin the muzzle break on , for additional cost to be mass compliant. it already has the bayo lug removed and its a fixed stock .

He and 2 dealers i was talking to said , that since the 24mm threads on the fsb were never specifically made to have a flash suppressor on it , that they didn't need to pin the muzzle break on it, as it was awb exempt? kind of what people said about that romy 22mm threads being exempt?

regardless i ran away from that sale lol . told him to bring it to my dealer to have the break pinned or pin it on himself before i buy it.

only question i wonder is if i have to pin the muzzle break on , and the 5.45 is mostly corrosive , should i just buy a thread protector instead of perm welding the 74 style break which would be really hard to clean inside ? at least with just a thread protector the barrel is accessible to clean?

what do you guys think?
Queen Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 20:02   #2
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

I think $1400 is way too much for a used SGL-31. Prices should be coming down from the craziness any time now.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 21:17   #3
G23c

seems a bit high. I think I overpaid slightly as I recently got a very good condition used SGL-31-61 (black stockset) for $950. But the availability is almost nothing,
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26   #4
maxxmojo

Yeah I'd say that seller still had panic prices in mind.

In regards to the muzzle brake, there's been a few people that have pinned on a 74 type brake and used corrosive ammo. The key is to just rinse it out really good after you shoot. If you're not at all comfortable with it there's absolutely nothing wrong with just using a barrel nut.

And so far as I know 24mm has to be pinned in the ban states since there were flash hiders or whatever available for 24mm, but not 22mm. Here's an example of a Bulgarian one.
maxxmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08   #5
the monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
I think $1400 is way too much for a used SGL-31. Prices should be coming down from the craziness any time now.
+1 - way too much for a used SGL-31

Certified Glock Armorer
the monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 17:40   #6
Queen Bee

Sigh its going to be tough to get someone willing to sell an sgl 31 to me. Guess i should wait on buying one.

Only other option i saw was an arsenal slr 106 ban style a guy on ar-15 had for 900 but i don't like the idea of having a specialized ak . Plus i really need to shoot cheap ammo. Which being a college student is definitly a plus for 5.45. I will just have to use a gallon on water everytime and soak my welded muzzle break in water and then some break cleaner?

Last edited by Queen Bee; 04-22-2013 at 17:42..
Old 04-22-2013, 17:41   #7
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23c View Post
seems a bit high. I think I overpaid slightly as I recently got a very good condition used SGL-31-61 (black stockset) for $950. But the availability is almost nothing,
Would you sell yours for 1100?
Old 04-22-2013, 18:03   #8
gogriz91

Can you wait 6 months to see if the insanity dies down?

Heavily medicated for your protection
gogriz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:11   #9
Queen Bee

Yes , i can wait . Even though i don't want too lol.

I have had my glock pistols for 2 years without a rifle, i can wait a little longer but i know what type of rifle i want , and worry about "arsenal" vs fime labeled collectibility since arsenal no longer makes the sgl series .

i know i want an sgl31

Last edited by Queen Bee; 04-22-2013 at 18:14..
Old 04-22-2013, 20:30   #10
G23c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
Would you sell yours for 1100?
QB, not just yet. but have you seen the Waffen Werks AK-74? specialized shop out of Tenn. they use Bulgarian kits, chrome lined barrel and do their own receivers, very good reviews, and the finish is supposed to be better, KG gun cote.

let us know if you pull the trigger,

in stock at $899 http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
G23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 13:06   #11
Queen Bee

i looked at the WW and couldn't pull the trigger on one. im looking at an Arsenal SLR 105 online, on GB , which is kind of like the grandfather to the SGL series, this one is already ban compliant as its an 105R. so i will try to win that bid..

the store around me is charging 1300 for a Arsenal 106. but i don't like the folding stocks, that they weld shut to sell to MA residents, which is why i love the 5.45 aks so much.