SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:43   #1
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

How many have seen this?

I know there are more than a few subversive trolls here. I wish mgmt would clamp down on them as they are directly targeting sites like this, glocks, firearms owners in general and frankly, this site owner's livelihood. Does not surprise me a bit. Had long suspected various sites i've visited or subscribed to, or even just news articles from popular publications where comments are allowed.

The pose is always the same. "I"m a gun owner, but I think there should be some reasonable restrictions…" They then go on to attempt to drive a wedge, split opinions and the crowd and play subversive with these false flag approaches.

Now, there appears to be some infrastructure behind it, money and direction from the antis to start putting sappers in the wire…

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/a-wa...on-explosions/
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46   #2
MaxxAction

That strategy is employed by our government according to an article on strategic control and propoganda written by former something czar Cass Sunstein.

I think they are probably on every social media site in existence.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52   #3
Huaco Kid

If they banned everyone here that I don't agree with, it would be a pretty lonely site.
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58   #4
G26S239
NRA Patron

It was posted here about 3 weeks back.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:07   #5
CitizenOfDreams

I've seen plenty of articles like that in the media. They usually start with something like "I grew up around guns in a small farm town". Probably created by the same script writer who makes prostate medicine commercials.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:34   #6
cesaros

The internet is serious business.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:40   #7
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

There are people in the middle actually, i know people who agrees you can own any type of gun you want with as big of a mag as you want, but thinks there should be universal background checks.

I know people who believe in concealed carry and one who actually doesbut dont think it should be allowed on campuses.

Maybe these people arent trolls but just have mixed opinions?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:59   #8
Glocksanity

They probably have Langley isp's.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!

Last edited by Glocksanity; 04-21-2013 at 12:59..
Glocksanity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:59   #9
Hummer
Big Member

I agree with G29Reload. I think paid subversives have been working on this site for many years, posing under numerous screen names.

Clint Eastwood
August 30, 2012
Hummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 15:45   #10
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
I agree with G29Reload. I think paid subversives have been working on this site for many years, posing under numerous screen names.
PAID??? Dang I have been called a "subversive" but nobody ever paid me for it...
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 15:49   #11
Ragnar

OK, so if you think you know who they are, pony up some names. Go public, its the only way to stop it.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 16:36   #12
RonS

Doubt if anyone is paying them, but I am sure that there are people posting anti 2A, anti NRA propaganda under false pretenses. Every time there is a big push for gun control people come out of the woodwork and whine about NRA spam or phone calls or try to play down the left's activities in order to try and persuade people to not join and not write congress.
Old 04-21-2013, 16:39   #13
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I know there are more than a few subversive trolls here. I wish mgmt would clamp down on them as they are directly targeting sites like this, glocks, firearms owners in general and frankly, this site owner's livelihood. Does not surprise me a bit. Had long suspected various sites i've visited or subscribed to, or even just news articles from popular publications where comments are allowed.

The pose is always the same. "I"m a gun owner, but I think there should be some reasonable restrictions…" They then go on to attempt to drive a wedge, split opinions and the crowd and play subversive with these false flag approaches.

Now, there appears to be some infrastructure behind it, money and direction from the antis to start putting sappers in the wire…

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/a-wa...on-explosions/
I don't doubt it one bit. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 16:40   #14
*ASH*

flipper ?? lol
Old 04-21-2013, 16:50   #15
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
I wish mgmt would clamp down on them as they are directly targeting sites like this, glocks, firearms owners in general and frankly, this site owner's livelihood.
The kind of thing you cite is actually good for business. Jerry Springer didn't get popular by discussing the finer points of paper making.

Discussion forums are a dime-a-dozen these days. Websites actually hire people and pay them a few cents per post to "troll." Probably exists where you're a member.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 16:54   #16
nmk

Silencing the opposition? Sounds like something we complain about all the time with the MSM bias.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 17:57   #17
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

I don't doubt one word of the attached article.

So, from now on, instead of labeling a poster as a "troll", we can call them a “Bloomberg shill”....I love it!
Old 04-21-2013, 18:05   #18
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

I dont doubt for one second that people come to places like this with an anti-gun agenda and will use subterfuge. Just like pro-gun people troll their sites. I have no idea how organized it is but it wouldnt surprise me if it was very organized in some cases.

Having said that, people need to realize that there are plenty of people in the middle that are very genuine and real. The idea of "reasonable" restrictions is going to appeal to a lot of folks. If you label and lump those people into something they are not (agent provocateur/idiots) you are likely to push them away. These people are not anti. Dont treat them as such.

When we try to see everything as a conspiracy or for anything that it isnt, we fail to understand something for what it really is and that makes the fight less effective.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 18:10   #19
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
I don't doubt one word of the attached article.

So, from now on, instead of labeling a poster as a "troll", we can call them a “Bloomberg shill”....I love it!
Have you ever been a member of a group or club that you kind of liked? You didnt have a great passion for it but you enjoyed some aspects of it. How hard would it be to not want to have anything to do with such activities if a number of others involved were hostile to you?

I like to bowl. I do it a handful of times a year. I dont know much about bowling and I am not very good at it but I enjoy it. If everytime I went to a bowling alley people were hostile to me I could walk away pretty easy and be a negative voice against bowling.

There are a lot of gun owners like that. Be very careful how you act towards them. They are not anti and they are not the enemy...if anything they are the easiest to move more in *our* direction.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 18:11   #20
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Some of us like to troll the living **** out of the anti's.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04   #21
Gunboat1
Far Traveler

I VAN to say that we are being VICtimzed by one such troll quite frequently. Newest incarnation of 1200Fails and Winnie the troll. Pitiful and despicable.

"The sum of virtue is to be sociable with them that will be sociable, and formidable to them that will not." - Hobbes
Gunboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27   #22
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco Kid View Post
If they banned everyone here that I don't agree with, it would be a pretty lonely site.
I disagree.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45   #23
ColdSteelNail

Can you direct me to a single anti gun or anti 2A post or thread on this forum? One that advocates banning ARs, limiting magazine capacities or registering or confiscating handguns.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11   #24
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
...I wish mgmt would clamp down on them as they are directly targeting sites like this...
Do you think I should clamp down on everyone who has consistently caused trouble here, or just the ones you don't agree with?

How exactly do you suggest I 'clamp down' on them? What criteria do I use to determine who are shills, paid or otherwise, who honestly have differing opinions and which ones are just jackasses? Maybe I should ban everyone who may be a shill, out of an Abundance of Caution? If you have a fail-safe way of spotting shills, I am all ears.

I have been doing this a hell of a long time and I've gotten pretty good at it. When someone makes it obvious that they are here to push an agenda, any agenda, I am pretty good at spotting them and dealing with them. For every person here who thinks I am too lax, there is another who thinks I am too strict. Maintaining order here, while offering as much personal freedom as possible, is a delicate balancing act.

I don't need anyone to tell me that there are people here who are trolling to further an agenda and knowing this does not really change how I deal with people. When I spot trouble, or it is reported to me, I deal with it, case-by-case. This is a complex problem and trying to paste a simple solution to it isn't going help. Eric
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:22   #25
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Do you think I should clamp down on everyone who has consistently caused trouble here, or just the ones you don't agree with?

How exactly do you suggest I 'clamp down' on them? What criteria do I use to determine who are shills, paid or otherwise, who honestly have differing opinions and which ones are just jackasses? Maybe I should ban everyone who may be a shill, out of an Abundance of Caution? If you have a fail-safe way of spotting shills, I am all ears.

I have been doing this a hell of a long time and I've gotten pretty good at it. When someone makes it obvious that they are here to push an agenda, any agenda, I am pretty good at spotting them and dealing with them. For every person here who thinks I am too lax, there is another who thinks I am too strict. Maintaining order here, while offering as much personal freedom as possible, is a delicate balancing act.

I don't need anyone to tell me that there are people here who are trolling to further an agenda and knowing this does not really change how I deal with people. When I spot trouble, or it is reported to me, I deal with it, case-by-case. This is a complex problem and trying to paste a simple solution to it isn't going help. Eric
I think you are missing half your face... it's making you very angry.

Last edited by Glock20 10mm; 04-22-2013 at 11:22..
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote