GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-23-2013, 17:34   #21
JDennis

Congrats! I picked one up at a show a couple weeks ago that was going for a steal. I never planned on having a .380 but did have some ammo sitting at home and this followed me home. I have to say I am highly impressed, what a fantastic little gun. Not to mention it is crazy accurate for a pocket pistol.
JDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 17:59   #22
NDCent
Socially Inept

The nemesis works well for front pocket. If you want something a tad thicker, that won't print, you might as well go with Remora. Remora will pocket or stay put for IWB, nice to have the versatility while on the go.
Old 04-23-2013, 22:48   #23
RoughTexturedTrav
Spenser4Hire

SGammo has a bunch of winchester ranger 380 in stock and i would add a talon grip and some better sights if it was going to be a primary carry gun. I nearly bought myself one today but i think i'll wait a bit.

Chesty Puller USMC
RoughTexturedTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:32   #24
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonHoffmann View Post
Picked up my first pocket gun this week and am very pleasantly surprised.

I live in Ft. Worth Texas where we wear shorts 6 months out of the year and 4 of those months are very very hot. I have always found myself not carrying as much during the hot months due to the heat and the ability to conceal becoming more difficult. Here in Texas it is a big No No if you print so the option of concealing my glock 26 under a t-shirt can be difficult. Plus with the heat wearing a cover garment, like a hawaiian shirt or 5.11 button down, becomes to much for someone who is naturally prone to sweat.

As a result I decided to pick up a pocket gun and had decided on the Ruger LCP due to it's great reviews, reliability and while I would like to own a Sig 238 I don't want to pay the price tag for it (i have both a son and a wife in college and i am the single wage earner).

I picket up an extra mag and the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster to go with my "starter package." I have been very excited about how easy it is to conceal in my front pocket of both shorts and jeans (and i don't wear baggy jeans). In addition to the son in college I also have a 3 year old son and a 5 year old girl (starting over General Firearms Forum). I love the fact that i can be carrying this pistol and not think twice about picking one of my kids up to hold in public for fear of printing.

I do miss carrying a larger caliber/higher capacity weapon but I now have no excuse not to carry 7 days a week even at home!

I will never again be a sheep!

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
I've got the same setup except with a CT laser. Great pocket rig. I carry it quite a bit, even when I have a "real" CC gun on my hip. Mine loves 90gr Gold Dots.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34   #25
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
I have an lcp and just bought some federal hydra shok HP for it. I'm having a lot of problems getting it to chamber a round reliably. Shoots fmj fine.
Mine eats 90gr Gold Dots like candy.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55   #26
burttrans

The LCP is a nice little gun, I almost got one but decided on 9MM round. I picked up a Kahr CM9 for $408 out the door and could not be happier. I pocket carry in cargo shorts during the summer.
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09   #27
ERASER
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I, too, carry an LCP in my front pocket and I was also concerned that "printing" might be a problem.
I decided that my LCP with the Crimson Trace laser would best work in a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster. The holster is available for LCPs with or without a laser. It is ambidextrous and has a reversible/removable covering flap. It has a tacky, rubber outer-coating that ensures that the holster stays in the pocket when the pistol is drawn.
I highly recommend the Crimson Trace for this gun. It is light, small, and extremely handy on a pistol with barely any sights at all --- only my Seecamp is worse. I realize this is a "belly gun" but I'd like the option to use sights if time and circumstances allow. That said, a little orange nail polish on the front sight and some white on the back help greatly as well.

If you're thinking about the Nemesis as I did, you might find that the SuperFly is a better choice. It works well for me.

Link:

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...ters/Super-Fly
ERASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25   #28
cbird77

My wife loves her's, I like the fact that the pull is a tad strong so she knows its going to go bang if she has to deffend herself.
cbird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 13:23   #29
257 roberts

I carried one for a couple of years in the DeSantis pocket holster,very accurate gun but hard for me with my weak hand drills( too long of a trigger pull) I just couldn't get comfortable with a 380 so I sold it and went back to a S&W 642
257 roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 19:11   #30
skennedy

Here's my daily carry LCP in the D.M. Bullard pocket holster.
Attached Thumbnails
General Firearms Forum - Click for larger version  
Old 04-24-2013, 22:25   #31
PzGren

My youngest son got the LCP as a primary carry gun in hot and humid SE Florida. He considers it a gun that is very hard to shoot fast and accurately but the reliability is very good, so far. It is also hard to draw the tiny thing fast and get a halfway good grip but, hey, it conceals really well and is no burden in the pocket, leading to saggy pants.
He talked me out of my Glock 26 for his last birthday and the LCP is now usually being carried as a BUG.

General Firearms Forum
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 20:57   #32
Benello

Love my little Elsie Pea. Been a while now since I've been able to carry as I'm back I'm Illinois, but hopefully that will change soon! I did a lot of research on elsiepeaforum and learned a lot. I also carry in a Nemesis, and it just disappears. Had it with the CT guard, but imsold it and just go bare bones now. Little white paint on the front sight, Hogue Jr. Grip, and 11# recoil springs and it is perfect. Enjoy yours!
Benello is offline   Reply With Quote