SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2013, 17:48   #21
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Very nice but kind of sad to see the wheel go. It has been somewhat of a fixture here.

I was very nice for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:24   #22
Bruce M

It's as if someone decided to use a polished granite countertop and stop using the magic carpet.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 19:23   #23
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
I'm sending off a slide tomorrow for night sights to be installed - for one of the remaining 2 that still have regular sights
Hey,.....I may have missed it buy can you pass along details
of what shop is doing your sights and pricing?

I do think we will miss the Beretta wheel, as much of a
firearms icon as Brian's pink carpet!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 19:49   #24
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hey,.....I may have missed it buy can you pass along details
of what shop is doing your sights and pricing?

I do think we will miss the Beretta wheel, as much of a
firearms icon as Brian's pink carpet!
Well, maybe I'll accumulate some more 92s - but they would be standard models. For now, 6 will have to do

As for night sights - Tooltech Gunsight will install trijicons with white circles into a standard slide. They replace the rear sight and drill the front.

I noticed today that they went up $25. They were $150 + $18 for return shipping. I had a slide done about a month or so ago... Now, they are $175 + $18.

They haven't gone up in price for a while. Oh well...

I have it all boxed up and ready to go (the slide from my Italian model).

They do a great job. I've used them several times... A couple models I sold had night sights installed by them. Anyway, turn around is usually 2-3 weeks. And this includes the time it takes to get to them.

Their website: http://www.tooltechgunsight.com/

Word is that they have done the factory installs for Beretta for years and years.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 20:00   #25
dajcarroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbarlow View Post
What is your reason for having many of the same gun? I know it is your money and you don't have to have a reason (or explain yourself for that matter). I'm just truly curious.

Great looking guns you got there, by the way.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Wondering the same thing. I like certain guns too, but why have 6 of the exact same gun? However, I find myself being very impressed. Love the 92FS.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by dajcarroll; 04-22-2013 at 20:03..
dajcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 20:05   #26
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

i thought beretta was leaving maryland, or what that a failed bluff?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 20:39   #27
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
i thought beretta was leaving maryland, or what that a failed bluff?
It is my understanding that they are. To my knowledge, they have not announced their new destination yet, though. More than likely - Virginia. They have other buildings there, and its not too far. But it takes time to move - when you are cranking out M9s for contract too.

Old 04-22-2013, 20:40   #28
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajcarroll View Post
Wondering the same thing. I like certain guns too, but why have 6 of the exact same gun? However, I find myself being very impressed. Love the 92FS.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
See post # 9 - I answered that

Old 04-22-2013, 21:00   #29
moeman

Quote:
No more "wheel" -- Sorry...

Just the guys in marching formation now :D:D

I got rid of my railed models and compacts. Picked up 2 more 92FS model with factory night sights yesterday - New.

I only like the balance of the non railed, fullsize models... I could tell a difference in the balance of the models with a rail.. More front heavy...

After you've owned almost everything at one point or another, you figure out what ya like best... I've gone all in...

General Firearms Forum
I think the fit and finish at the pricepoint makes Beretta a great value.

Question for you... Do you think the guns made in Italy are nicer in any way?

Do you D spring them all?
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 22:32   #30
Benello

I love the Beretta 92 above all others as well. It was my first back in 2000. Since then I've added a comped 92 Inox, and now a NIB 92fs Italian. I don't think I'm done either as I could really see myself getting a Combat someday if I ever have the funds and come across one.
Benello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25   #31
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
I think the fit and finish at the pricepoint makes Beretta a great value.

Question for you... Do you think the guns made in Italy are nicer in any way?

Do you D spring them all?
Yes, I put a D spring in all of them - and usually install an Elite II hammer... Even before the very first range trip withe each.

One of them doesn't have the Elite 2 hammer in that photo, because I am waiting for one to arrive (that I ordered). But, they all have D springs.

As for USA vs Italian... I personally prefer USA made ones.

On the Beretta Forum, there have been employees/ex employees that have popped up here and there over the years...

Word is that the problem rate on the 92FS models is lower on USA made ones than Italian ones. The tolerances are supposedly tighter too, as the American plant upgraded their CNC equipment a few years back...

I did have some minor issues on one italian made models previously - sights weren't centered right. Both the rear and front sight were too far to the side. I had a local smith center them - and then it was dead on.

Also, I had a horrendous trigger pull on one of my past Italian made compacts - until I changed the hammer. There must have been a rough spot or something on the hammer. That was all it took to make it feel nice.

In the late 1990s, it was very hard to get an Italian made 92FS - unless you bought used. So, I started my 92 obsession with USA made ones in the late 90s. I just got used to the markings on the USA made ones as well.

Now, when I buy one, I actually try to find USA made ones over Italian ones...

However - that's just my personal preference

Old 04-23-2013, 07:07   #32
boilergonzo

Nice collection!

Honest question (my intention is not to be yanking chains or starting brand feuds!). Have you had SIG's, and (if yes) which ones?

The reason for the question is that I have a few SIG's and really like them. I am looking for a nice, fun 9mm range gun. This is meant to be a solid (heavy) gun, with no intention of carry. I have other 9mm options (G17, H&K USP, SIG P6), but I am looking for a quality, heavy, traditional 9mm. Like a SIG 226 or 92FS.

The only Beretta I own is a shotgun. I love the history and enjoy the tradition of brands, and Beretta is a legend in that regard! I am trying to decide whether to get another SIG (which I am fond of) or whether to branch out and try the Beretta.

You serve as both the poster child AND anti-poster child for my dilemma (you clearly love Beretta's, but you also consolidated around just one brand... which for me would mean more SIG's, not trying a Beretta!).

Just open to some arm-twisting on the Beretta 92, and why you like it better than others. They would actually cost me less, and the history of the mark intrigues me.

Nice collection! Glad you found what makes you happy!
boilergonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:41   #33
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

I've just never liked Sigs. The grip of the 226 is just too fat for my hand - yet the Beretta 92 works for me. I have shot a lot of Sigs over the years. I know there is the new E2 Sig 226 - and, I've looked at that a few times.

But, I also don't really care for the decocker location on the Sigs. I will admit that the only Sig that temps me is the Sig 220 Scorpion, but I've consolidated to all 9mms - so, I don't wanna go there

So, Sigs are one of the few brands I have not owned, just because I've never liked them enough. But, I do have experience with them.

My favorite gun platform has changed a few times over the years. At one time, it was 1911s. At another time - I had a thing for the Walther P99. But, with the rubber grip panels, and the DA/SA (with a "D" spring installed - the DA pull is down from 11 lbs to about 8-8.5lbs) - the gun is perfect for me.

I had that $3k 9mm Springfield Custom Shop Operator for a while... But, I noticed that I was shooting my 92s all the time.

And, after a near robbery event a few years back - I discovered that I like DA/SA better. I got to see what the adrenaline is like when it kicks in. I got away from the guy as he was coming after me to swipe a handgun box outta my hand (I was carrying it into the gunstore in a handgun case). I kept my wits - but, I'd just prefer the 1st shot be a little longer and heavier. With the D spring in, that 1st shot is easy to aim and fire, but still long enough to keep me from doing something unintended.

Last edited by Shipwreck-The-Sequel; 04-23-2013 at 21:26..
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12   #34
38 Super Fan

Oh man, I always liked the wheel, I liked it so much I even stole the idea. :D

General Firearms Forum
38 Super Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11   #35
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Cool!

Old 04-23-2013, 18:48   #36
Glock1963

I get it.

I bought a 92fs a few years ago and I liked it so much that I bought an M9 to go with it. Your post made me wonder why you haven't put an M9 in your rotation? I prefer the 92fs more due to the sights. They're what I am used to and the M9's sights are still weird for me.

Have you ever owned or considered owning a 96? I was thinking of maybe going that route with my next purchase. I am not a big .40 fan but it has been much easier finding .40 ammo than 9mm.
Glock1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 19:33   #37
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock1963 View Post
I get it.

I bought a 92fs a few years ago and I liked it so much that I bought an M9 to go with it. Your post made me wonder why you haven't put an M9 in your rotation? I prefer the 92fs more due to the sights. They're what I am used to and the M9's sights are still weird for me.

Have you ever owned or considered owning a 96? I was thinking of maybe going that route with my next purchase. I am not a big .40 fan but it has been much easier finding .40 ammo than 9mm.
Well, I am not a fan of the M9 rear sight. And, the M9 does not have the rear strap indentation either.

I have one 92FS with the straight dustcover. And because of that, it does not have that rear strap indentation. I have small hands. I can tell the difference. I need that difference on the rear strap to make the gun fit my hand so well...

As for the 96... I have fired a few. I am not a fan of that round. I like 9mm and 45 ACP. I have only owned one 40 over the years. I don't have a 40 cal gun now, and have no plans to buy another...

Last edited by Shipwreck-The-Sequel; 04-23-2013 at 21:25..
Old 04-23-2013, 20:18   #38
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Super Fan View Post
Oh man, I always liked the wheel, I liked it so much I even stole the idea. :D

General Firearms Forum
Very nice Cody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 20:36   #39
boilergonzo

Quote:
I've just never liked Sigs. The grip of the 226 is just too fat for my hand - yet the Beretta 92 works for me. ...
...that 1st shot is easy to aim and fire, but still long enough to keep me from doing something unintended.
Thanks for the reply and your real-world (unwanted!) experience with a non-paper target. Both those (and your opinions and preferences) are appreciated! Thanks!
boilergonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 21:06   #40
A-Train

As a fellow Beretta fan I too loved the wheel and appreciate your affection for the 92 platform. I've got 5 myself right now and they go nicely with my 4 HK P30's. I seem to prefer to buy multiples of the same gun (and my wife thinks I'm nuts). Why buy only one if you find something you like? LOL!!!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell -
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote