Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 19:51   #76
SevenSixtyTwo

I must be old. We used to carry personalized flip top Zippo lighters. They sure made a joint smell good when you'd light one up. I still have mine just in case it becomes legal again to mellow out for a little while.
Old 04-24-2013, 19:58   #77
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Probably first hand experience? Because everything he said is true.

The only damage you're going to do as a pothead is to the snack drawer.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...z/satan_2.html

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...z/satan_2.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-24-2013, 20:34   #78
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
My friends and I years ago designated eachother colors because we were always stealing eachother's bics on accident.

I'm the orange bic.
How quaint. Really.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Old 04-24-2013, 20:36   #79
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Cool story bro?
Old 04-24-2013, 21:41   #80
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Nothing cool about it.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 04-24-2013, 23:25   #81
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
According to the news report, the shooter wasn't a hippie.
Thx cap't obvious.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 04-24-2013 at 23:26..
Old 04-24-2013, 23:37   #82
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
... Ever since high school I've been visiting what we called "The 420 bench". It's a bench in a park in my town that we'd all meet to smoke at, at 420 after school everyday. ...
Nowadays people think I am lying, but I swear on a stack of Bibles......

When I was in High School we had an area that was a called Senior Court. For the dogmatic and nerds it was a "Seniors only, no Sophomores or Juniors area," but for the pot heads and others, it was simply, "don't be a **** to anyone, and we don't care who/what grade level you are." Cigarette smoking was allowed by faculty and staff, tacitly, on Senior Court, and one who was so inclined could just as easily smoke a joint, as they could a cigarette, due to all the smoking going on anyway; however, for some unknown reason, well, except for stupidity to the N'th degree, there were those who would smoke their joints rolled with those strawberry flavored rolling papers.

Who in their right mind has to smoke pot, inside of a pink/red rolling paper, while on a High School campus?!?!?

During my Sophomore year, Senior Court was closed down, as far as the faculty and staff looking the other way or being blind to smoking due to both the popularity of strawberry flavored rolling papers at the time and the stupidity/forgetfulness of our pot head classmates.

"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 04-24-2013 at 23:47..
Old 04-25-2013, 00:14   #83
Khao

The Okie Corral
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33   #84
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Nowadays people think I am lying, but I swear on a stack of Bibles......

When I was in High School we had an area that was a called Senior Court. For the dogmatic and nerds it was a "Seniors only, no Sophomores or Juniors area," but for the pot heads and others, it was simply, "don't be a **** to anyone, and we don't care who/what grade level you are." Cigarette smoking was allowed by faculty and staff, tacitly, on Senior Court, and one who was so inclined could just as easily smoke a joint, as they could a cigarette, due to all the smoking going on anyway; however, for some unknown reason, well, except for stupidity to the N'th degree, there were those who would smoke their joints rolled with those strawberry flavored rolling papers.

Who in their right mind has to smoke pot, inside of a pink/red rolling paper, while on a High School campus?!?!?

During my Sophomore year, Senior Court was closed down, as far as the faculty and staff looking the other way or being blind to smoking due to both the popularity of strawberry flavored rolling papers at the time and the stupidity/forgetfulness of our pot head classmates.

you could take a roll of mint lifesavers, poke a hole in both ends and use it for a smoke stone. saw it on the discovery channel.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41   #85
walt cowan

Quote:
Nothing cool about it.
me thinks thou does protests much. i love you dude and remember...dave's not here.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44   #86
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Jeez, you mean criminals show up to all events including events that are for pot?

A criminal fired shots at a weed event?

Whew, this is a hard one! I'm not sure who we should blame... The guns, or the marijuana.....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09   #87
Ricky Ricardo

Quote:
Probably first hand experience? Because everything he said is true.

The only damage you're going to do as a pothead is to the snack drawer.
Not necessarily true my friend; in the mid-seventies, I was twenty two years old, I attended a party where the weed was thick and prevalent and passed around generously. I didn’t smoke then, and I still don’t, I was just there for the girls. Turns out they were just a bunch of pothead girls with smoke for brains.

One young man about my age had a large joint going. Apparently it had been passed to him by someone. Well he was bogarting the joint, and the other fellow took exception to his gluttony. The second guy grew very angry and when the “bogarter” wouldn’t give up the joint the second guy light into him big time. He ended up beating him into a coma.

The whole night turned into a big brawl. Those pot heads sure were pounding on each other. No love fest there.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17   #88
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Jeez, you mean criminals show up to all events including events that are for pot?

A criminal fired shots at a weed event?

Whew, this is a hard one! I'm not sure who we should blame... The guns, or the marijuana.....
Bingo. This is not complicated.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:17   #89
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Were the criminals using pot?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:39   #90
faceplant

Quote:
What is this based on?
I can base it on 20yrs in the fire service. The comment is accurate.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:43   #91
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
I can base it on 20yrs in the fire service. The comment is accurate.
Lot of smokers in the fire service?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51   #92
faceplant

None that I know of. How about PD.
Old 04-25-2013, 16:08   #93
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Ricardo View Post
Not necessarily true my friend; in the mid-seventies, I was twenty two years old, I attended a party where the weed was thick and prevalent and passed around generously. I didn’t smoke then, and I still don’t, I was just there for the girls. Turns out they were just a bunch of pothead girls with smoke for brains.

One young man about my age had a large joint going. Apparently it had been passed to him by someone. Well he was bogarting the joint, and the other fellow took exception to his gluttony. The second guy grew very angry and when the “bogarter” wouldn’t give up the joint the second guy light into him big time. He ended up beating him into a coma.

The whole night turned into a big brawl. Those pot heads sure were pounding on each other. No love fest there.

I think it's silly to blame the marijuana, a violent person can be violent weather high on cannabis or not. I do think MOST people high on marijuana are less likely to commit a violent crime.

Also, I should note that cannabis has changed ALOT since the seventies. What you were smoking on was most likely a landrace sativa...probably poorly grown and processed (to newbies, this can be uncomfortable). The sensimilla available nowadays has a different high due to the introduction of indica genetics.

Last edited by Khao; 04-25-2013 at 16:12..
Old 04-25-2013, 16:19   #94
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

What is different about today's marijuana vs the 60-70's is the THC content.
What the Peace Loving Hippy crowd smoked was 0.5% THC on the average. And the best stuff in the world came from overseas (Panama Red, Columbia Gold, etc).

Now the best stuff in the world is grown right here in North America.
THC content? Runs around 14%. Yes, 14%, quite a change in magnitude from the half of one percent.
It's not even in the same class.

This is why you don't see such old school things as "hash oil". Today's weed is increadibly stronger than the "enchanced" versions of weed from back then.

Old 04-25-2013, 16:36   #95
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

Quote:
Today's weed is increadibly stronger than the "enchanced" versions of weed from back then.
The old DuPont motto: Better living through chemistry.
Old 04-25-2013, 16:41   #96
Khao

Quote:
What the Peace Loving Hippy crowd smoked was 0.5% THC on the average. And the best stuff in the world came from overseas (Panama Red, Columbia Gold, etc).

THC content? Runs around 14%. Yes, 14%, quite a change in magnitude from the half of one percent.

This is why you don't see such old school things as "hash oil". Today's weed is increadibly stronger than the "enchanced" versions of weed from back then.
It's true weed is much more potent nowadays, due to genetics and growing techniques. But you'll also find higher percentages of other cannabinoids like CBD, which has a more medical.. balancing effect. It even has anti-psychotic properties.. to counteract the THC.

And hash oil is still around.

You seem like the kind of guy who still believes in reefer madness.

Last edited by Khao; 04-25-2013 at 16:47..
Old 04-25-2013, 16:48   #97
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:

You really should reach out to some of those people who you KNOW smoke weed (but you won't do anything about it) and see if you can't catch a buzz. It would do the world @ you a big service.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
Old 04-25-2013, 16:50   #98
Khao

Those dangerous stoners won't rest until they have ALL of our snacks!
Old 04-25-2013, 17:30   #99
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
It's true weed is much more potent nowadays, due to genetics and growing techniques. But you'll also find higher percentages of other cannabinoids like CBD, which has a more medical.. balancing effect. It even has anti-psychotic properties.. to counteract the THC.

And hash oil is still around.

You seem like the kind of guy who still believes in reefer madness.

Reefer Madness (1938) - YouTube
I've walked through a lot of doors in the past 20+ yrs, it ain't around that I've seen. If you can somehow find it, it would still be statistically insignificant.

Marijuana isn't the same drug it was. THC content of one half of one percent, changed to fourteen percent and higher.

Old 04-25-2013, 17:38   #100
Khao

Quote:
I've walked through a lot of doors in the past 20+ yrs, it ain't around that I've seen. If you can somehow find it, it would still be statistically insignificant.

Marijuana isn't the same drug it was. THC content of one half of one percent, changed to fourteen percent and higher.
What state do you live in, just curious?