SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-23-2013, 14:40   #21
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Isn't Illinois under federal court order to pass a CCW law before a certain deadline, to conform with the US Constitution?

If a law isn't passed by the IL legislature and signed into law won't CCW automatically become valid in the state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Jun 9 is the deadline. If nothing is done then constitutional carry will be in affect. The only problem is some jack wagon in cook county said they will ignore the court order.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I don't think we can have it both ways. We have a few sheriffs declaring they will not enforce federal laws, if passed, and we cheer for freedom and states rights. When a state says the same thing, but on the other side of the fence, we get all butthurt about it.

I would love to be able to carry where ever I went. But states should be allowed to set their rules without federal interference. I'm for the people of the state getting fed up with the shenanigans of their politicians and voting them out in favor of those that support freedom. I am not for the feds strong arming a state to do something.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 14:53   #22
Montblanc

no carry will be legal June 9th and anyone caught doing so will be arrested. Laws will still be on the books saying carrying a concealed gun or knife over 3 inches will be considered ILLEGAL.

Lots of idiots will be arrested for sure and then we might see a bill passed after they have exhausted their personal wealth doing so in court. Oh and they will never be able to carry because they will be technically criminals!

Last edited by Montblanc; 04-23-2013 at 14:53..
Montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:30   #23
Lockback
Polymerlicious!

I genuinely feel sorry for the residents of Illinois.
Not that many years ago, Ohio was looking like a cheap imitation of Illinois: liberal, high crime, high taxes, no chance whatsoever of ever getting a concealed carry law passed. Even the Republican governor was anti-gun and the bill finally passed over his veto after a long, long legislative battle. And lo and behold, then even his successor, a Democrat, was pro-gun and his GOP successor is also nominally pro-gun. And many of my friends and coworkers have their CCW licenses now, thanks to a lot of work by a lot of very committed people.
My point being that maybe, just maybe, the citizens of Illinois will be freed someday from the shackles of idiocy that grasp the whole state, tentacles that emanate from liberal fascist fat cats in Chicago.
Lockback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:41   #24
oldman11

Chicago is still ruled by gangsters and criminals.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:59   #25
Jakestir

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
Chicago is still ruled by gangsters and criminals.
That's a low blow to gangsters. At least the mob had class. Haha

Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 17:42   #26
Gunnut 45/454

Jakestir
This why any CCW law has to have preemption! Meaning the state laws trump all local laws when it comes to carry a firearm! That way those cities /counties can't have there own laws that restrict it! Be happy with constitutional carry when you get it then force the state to make it conform accross IL! Any time a city/county try to restrict it take them to court!
Old 04-23-2013, 19:21   #27
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
That's a low blow to gangsters. At least the mob had class. Haha

oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote