Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2013, 19:52   #1
rdunk

Glock Compensated Models Gen4

This is an FYI post for any here who might be looking for a Gen4 compensated, and had the same question as I for Glock.

About four months ago I asked Glock through their online messaging:

Question Subject: Glock 32c Gen 4
Question Message: I am looking for the 32c Gen 4. The 32 standard is available, so where is the 32c??? Has it not been released?

Just trying to find one to purchase!

If not now available, is there a time-frame for release?

Just today, I finally received the answer from Glock:

There are no plans to produce the compensated models in Gen4.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Of course, I am not sure if that answer is just for the 32c, or for all compensated models. Matters not to me, because I did buy a Gen3 32c shortly after I sent the inquiry!

So, maybe this info can can keep some of you from wasting time "searching" for a "Gen 4" compensated Glock too.

Yes, the Gen3 is great anyway, and I already have a KKM 9mm conversion, for versatility.
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 20:24   #2
RLZIII

GLOCK has said a few times in the past (not too officially) that they don't plan to make Gen4 "C" models. The reason for this is likely just due to sales. While it would be nice to have a few "C" models in the Gen4 platform (all of my GLOCKs are Gen4s), it's not something that I am too concerned with. Thanks for posting the info.
RLZIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56   #3
INEEDMILK

Thanks for the info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:39   #4
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

No plans for them. Not new news. Less than 1% of sales was why. Mozt shooters don't shoot at a level to feel the difference anyhow.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05   #5
JBP55

No Demand.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09   #6
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

I like my Gen 3 G23C but I don't know if the compensator makes much difference. I've never fired another G23.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 22:43   #7
Mike-M

Thanks for the official information...it reflects what I thought was the case. I believe it reflects good common sense.

The compensated models (except the G18C) seemed never to have any real justification, except marginally for sporting purposes. Nonetheless, sometimes the C models wound up in serious service use. I know a former very small town policeman whose department allowed great leeway in an officer's selection of service weapon. Like most policemen, he had no great handgun experience or knowledge. He selected a Gen 3 G21C as his service weapon!!! That speaks very very badly of the technical competence of that department's weapons policymakers. The G21 is excellent as a service weapon, but the G21C turns that to trash with the increased flash and...more importantly...the tremendous back blast that would hit the officer's un-protected ears. He found that out after weapons purchase!
Mike-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53   #8
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Wrong. Totally fabricated. They are just as suitable for duty and don't have any more perceptible flash, or noise, or risk when firing I close quarters, than non ported models with conventional ammo. Post about something you know about.

Last edited by Ryobi; 04-22-2013 at 11:55..
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 18:40   #9
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-M View Post
Thanks for the official information...it reflects what I thought was the case. I believe it reflects good common sense.

The compensated models (except the G18C) seemed never to have any real justification, except marginally for sporting purposes. Nonetheless, sometimes the C models wound up in serious service use. I know a former very small town policeman whose department allowed great leeway in an officer's selection of service weapon. Like most policemen, he had no great handgun experience or knowledge. He selected a Gen 3 G21C as his service weapon!!! That speaks very very badly of the technical competence of that department's weapons policymakers. The G21 is excellent as a service weapon, but the G21C turns that to trash with the increased flash and...more importantly...the tremendous back blast that would hit the officer's un-protected ears. He found that out after weapons purchase!

I carried a C model Glock on duty for a while and qualified with it. Nothing could be further from the truth about the policymakers. They work and you can shoot them without burning your eyebrows or destroying your eardrums. It is called hearing protection and actually shooting one vs. internet dis-hype and speculation.

Take +P+ ammo and shoot it in a comp model vs. regular model and see the difference even in a 9mm.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 20:20   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmdude View Post
I carried a C model Glock on duty for a while and qualified with it. Nothing could be further from the truth about the policymakers. They work and you can shoot them without burning your eyebrows or destroying your eardrums. It is called hearing protection and actually shooting one vs. internet dis-hype and speculation.

Take +P+ ammo and shoot it in a comp model vs. regular model and see the difference even in a 9mm.

well said...i also carried a C model on duty (G22C) and it made a significant difference for faster follow-up shots during qualifications....Mike-M, you are misinformed
24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 22:50   #11
Andy W

How are you liking your gen 3 32c so far? Any issues?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 18:36   #12
DJ Niner

Possible introduction of ported Gen4 Glocks?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...4-compensated/
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 18:40   #13
Andrew Phelps

still wondering why they're calling ported guns "compensated".
Andrew Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 20:10   #14
Bruce M

I wonder if "ported" and "compensated" translate well or not into German.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 21:34   #15
Glock40man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Phelps View Post
still wondering why they're calling ported guns "compensated".
Old 05-07-2014, 21:43   #16
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I might consider a G41C just for fun. I shot a G22C for a while and I liked it. Not a great deal of difference but still fun.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:36   #17
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Old news. The reason they were discontinued was because of low sales volume (less than 1% of overall sales). Most shooters don't shoot at a level to benefit from porting anyway. The gen 4 RSA doesn't come close to making a non-c model shoot like a c. But that ship has almost sailed.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:33   #18
Andrew Phelps

I did not know someone has to be a pro shooter to shoot ported guns until this thread. I learn something here every day.
Andrew Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:19   #19
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
Old news. The reason they were discontinued was because of low sales volume (less than 1% of overall sales). Most shooters don't shoot at a level to benefit from porting anyway. The gen 4 RSA doesn't come close to making a non-c model shoot like a c. But that ship has almost sailed.
Did you miss the post pointing to the blog showing a Gen4 "C" model?

General Glocking
Old 05-08-2014, 06:41   #20
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
Possible introduction of ported Gen4 Glocks?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...4-compensated/
First chance to grab one of those I will. Thanks for the update.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote