SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:52   #1
okie
GT Mayor

Beer.

In my time here on earth so far I have drank, Budweiser, Coors, Miller, Busch,Natural Light , and Guinness. Bud has been my fav, Coors and Löwenbräu are drinkable, Miller, Busch and Natural Light are in line with goat piss and Guinness was the most horrible, disgusting liquid I ever put in my mouth. Now then tell me about the beer you drink and what makes it good
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58   #2
bmoore

Budweiser, Coors yellow can, PBR, Budlight, Miller High life, Sam Adams and some pale ales.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:00   #3
jason10mm
NRA-GOA-TSRA

Guinness is ambrosia of the GODS! The fact that you like Bud but knock Miller tells me that beers darker than a spring rain are just not your thing. Perhaps you could work your way up to the empowering mainly stouts by graduating to a real lager, like Yeungling, Warsteiner, or American Ale, then move to an amber beer, like shiner boch, amberboch, or the equivalent, then you can dabble in a Belgian tripple ale, sample the dunkleweisses, flirt with a chocolate stout, and then, finally, tippy toe into the embrace of Guinness.

Or just do what I did. Drink nothing but Guinness until you like it. Women will swoon around you, your pinky finger will elevate as you tip your pint glass to your lips, and you will add at least an inch to your height after the first month :P
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01   #4
Altaris

If Guinness is on tap it will be the only thing I drink at that place. I Love it.

Bud/Miller/Coors, their light counterparts, and all other light beers are all equally disgusting piss water that I will never pay for, and will barley touch even if they are free.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04   #5
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
If Guinness is on tap it will be the only thing I drink at that place. I Love it.

Bud/Miller/Coors, their light counterparts, and all other light beers are all equally disgusting piss water that I will never pay for, and will barley touch even if they are free.
This. I have a sixer of SA Oktoberfest in the fridge right now.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06   #6
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
This. I have a sixer of SA Oktoberfest in the fridge right now.
I also Love SA Oktoberfest! Since it is only around for a short time, that is one of the few beers that will make me choose it over Guinness at the bar(assuming they have both on tap).
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14   #7
rednoved
NRA Member

I normally keep my fridge stocked with Shiner, and Shiners seasonal option. I also keep come Coors Light in there. I will say, I have a bottle of Sam Adams Oktoberfest in there left from a six pack. I'm a sucker for seasonal brews.
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16   #8
kensb2
pistol n00b

I will say this for Okie though...since he likes cheap beer, he'd likely be a cheap date!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57   #9
md2lgyk

I drink Milwaukee's Best. Because I prefer quantity to quality. Besides, I have almost no sense of smell, so all beer tastes about the same to me.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:20   #10
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
I drink Milwaukee's Best. Because I prefer quantity to quality. Besides, I have almost no sense of smell, so all beer tastes about the same to me.
That's too bad! There are many beers out there that are much better than the Beast, it is a shame you'll never get to fully experience them for yourself!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32   #11
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Okie, first time you have the opportunity to try a Yeungling (sounds like ying-ling) traditional lager, try it. Distribution does not go as far west as Texas so you will have to wait a while. It is an exceptionally smooth beer with a fuller taste. Nice hops aroma with some caramel notes. Light amber in color.

My favorite.

PM me an address and I will mail you two bottles.
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32   #12
Movinfr8 09

I used to brew my own beer and have a keggerator on the forum I frequented, there was a show your keggerator thread. In it, many folks had Pabst Blue Ribbon, leading me to ask why? The answer? It has more flavor than BudMillerCoors. They were right! These days I drink one, mil best or Sam Adams, or Newcastle Brown Ale depending on how spendy I feel. Oh and I love guiness.
Movinfr8 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40   #13
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Your palate needs help, Okie. LOL. Beer is a wonderful experience, you need to expand those horizons. Yeah baby.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46   #14
ScaryPerryDawsy

This time of year it's Shipyard Pumpkinhead for me! Mostly drink homebrew. I like all beer though.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ScaryPerryDawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05   #15
trashcat

While I do enjoy a nice light guinness for a refreshing drink I prefer "Old Rasputin" russian imperial stout on nitrogen.
12oz guinness 125 Calories tastes like beer, 12oz budweiser 143 calories tastes like somebody watered down a beer. http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php
Now if you want a real guinness step up to the "Foreign Extra Stout" (7.5%) tastes like a man's version of their regular extra stout.
trashcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:21   #16
Osborne

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Guinness was the most horrible, disgusting liquid I ever put in my mouth. Now then tell me about the beer you drink and what makes it good
Haha, I would like to see the look on yor face after a big chug of Russian imperial stout.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:27   #17
Tackle

Cold and Gold. I've only had 1 beer that was black and didn't really care for it. I love Irish red and October fest beers but normally just get whatever Light beer is on sale.
Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:30   #18
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
IMO if you can see through beer, its horse pee.

Youngling and Gunniess are my favorites.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45   #19
deputy tom

Most heavy Lagers give me severe headaches after a sip or two. I must only drink certain brands to avoid getting ill. Old Milwaukee was my favorite until Coors Light became available in out state. Sam Adam's Octoberfest is tasty and sometimes I'll get Killian Red for something different. YMMV. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46   #20
eagle359

Land Shark and Blue Moon are two favorites at the moment.