SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-26-2013, 19:57   #541
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
You keep bringing up "experience" in these threads, as if it matters. Were you ever a cop? If not, you're just riding the resident cop's jockstraps and that's pathetic.
How can you question someone else when you're too scared to post what you do????

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:57   #542
Ohio Copper

School him, countrygun.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 04-26-2013, 20:03   #543
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
You keep bringing up "experience" in these threads, as if it matters. Were you ever a cop? If not, you're just riding the resident cop's jockstraps and that's pathetic.
G19G20, I'm not lockstep with the cops that post here. As a matter of fact I often disagree strongly with them, but after reading your posts the only term that comes to mind is loser.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 04-26-2013 at 20:04..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 20:08   #544
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
G19G20, I'm not lockstep with the cops that post here. As a matter of fact I often disagree strongly with them, but after reading your posts the only term that comes to mind is loser.

Regards,
Happyguy
ROFL!!

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 20:14   #545
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
How can you question someone else when you're too scared to post what you do????

I don't know G19G20, and admit that he does not express himself well, but if he agrees to tell you what he does for a living, will you agree to tell how long you have been a cop? You have been repeatedly asked that in other threads (mostly because of your constant puling about experience) and have not answered.
Old 04-26-2013, 20:37   #546
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

I've been an officer for 13 years - G19 is a ******, and has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Hey genius - no perimeter set up, and allowing free travel. Exactly how does that prevent the bad guy from getting in his car and driving away again?

You might want to stop emulating Ronny, and getting your LE knowledge from TV shows. And, lest you throw in that old crap about me being a jail officer - yes, I am. With more than a bit of specialized training. A helluva lot more than you, so feel free to compare training folders, mmkay?
wprebeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 20:39   #547
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I don't know G19G20, and admit that he does not express himself well, but if he agrees to tell you what he does for a living, will you agree to tell how long you have been a cop? You have been repeatedly asked that in other threads (mostly because of your constant puling about experience) and have not answered.
I answered that individual and received no response. It was one individual who asked me that.

How about this. More than one year less than twenty?

There's an inherent reason I keep a lot of stuff to myself, my safety being one.

I can google search my name along with my agency and a lot more pops up than I'd like.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 04-26-2013 at 20:42..
Old 04-26-2013, 20:43   #548
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Honestly, it doesn't matter if Ohio Copper is a fresh rookie straight from the ****ing academy.

He'd still have more police experience than anyone in here who ISN'T on the job, no?
wprebeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 21:00   #549
Ohio Copper

DING! Fries are done!

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 22:15   #550
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Honestly, it doesn't matter if Ohio Copper is a fresh rookie straight from the ****ing academy.

He'd still have more police experience than anyone in here who ISN'T on the job, no?
Not necessarily.
Old 04-26-2013, 22:17   #551
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

Your argument are full of emotion and disdain for authority.

You say "disdain for authority" like that's a bad thing. You do realize that we're the source of authority, don't you? Its our authority. We just loan it to you. You are ultimately accountable to us. How is it bad to question it or hold abuses of it in disdain?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-26-2013 at 22:17..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 22:18   #552
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Not necessarily.
Explain to me that one.

So a guy with a year on the street and a guy who watched TV shows are the same?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 22:25   #553
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
It exists in your fantasy, shoot a cop in the face world, right?

If you weren't a LEO I suspect you would get an infraction for suggesting that G19G20 fantasizes about shooting cops in the face.
Old 04-26-2013, 22:37   #554
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Explain to me that one.

So a guy with a year on the street and a guy who watched TV shows are the same?

I didn't say they were the same. I said that someone not currently on the job does not necessarily have less experience with police work than a rookie on the job. Practice your critical thinking skills. You are going to need them on the street if you are really out there.
Old 04-26-2013, 22:50   #555
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Not necessarily.
Quote:
I didn't say they were the same. I said that someone not currently on the job does not necessarily have less experience with police work than a rookie on the job. Practice your critical thinking skills. You are going to need them on the street if you are really out there.

Just clarifying what you think you said.

Not currently on the job as in former cop or what?

Jus asking for an explanation, typical though.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 04-26-2013 at 22:51..
Old 04-26-2013, 23:02   #556
countrygun

Quote:
Funny a few months ago I mentioned my experience and was immediately labeled as part of the "cop squad" so my opinion could be marginalized by the cop bashers. at this point I'll settle for being "a citizen who disagrees with the reflexive cop bashers"

In your childlike way you want to try and divide the world into your faction VS the Cops. Well it just isn't so. Calling people who disagree with you names and labeling them just shows that you need to grow up.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 23:36   #557
racerford

Quote:
....... What about the people who don't own firearms, F them right?

I like your dig about the boat and blood too. Keep up sparky, we've already covered that the home was OUTSIDE of the perimeter.

I don't want to be a part of the rest of the discussion, but I will comment on these.

On those that don't own guns. They made that choice or had that choice forced on them for their prior actions (felonies, etc.). They live, or not, with the consequences of their life choices.

I thought the finder of the blood said that the police had previously searched the yard (inside the official perimeter or not). So I don't think this "fact" is settled. Of course we all know that media accuracy has been spotty on this event.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:27   #558
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Civil Liberties Issues
Old 04-27-2013, 03:26   #559
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

I think I just figured it out.

GT is where lots of on duty patrol cops go on their laptops to argue with citizens when they're bored and want entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Funny a few months ago I mentioned my experience and was immediately labeled as part of the "cop squad" so my opinion could be marginalized by the cop bashers. at this point I'll settle for being "a citizen who disagrees with the reflexive cop bashers"
So you're not a cop or ever were one. Why do you keep talking about cop experience then?

Last edited by G19G20; 04-27-2013 at 03:28..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:12   #560
RussP

Quote:
I think I just figured it out.

GT is where lots of on duty patrol cops go on their laptops to argue with citizens when they're bored and want entertainment.
Nope, they use cell phones. Have you ever really seen the laptops in patrol cars? They use cell phones.
Quote:
So you're not a cop or ever were one. Why do you keep talking about cop experience then?
It does not require being a sworn officer, deputy, agent to understand, to know what happens in a cops life, what goes on inside his or her head. It just requires that they trust you enough to talk to you about the things that they won't talk about with their spouse, their street partner, sometimes their priest even.

Some of us have, have had and will have those kinds of relationships with people in law enforcement. I have 30+ years of that kind of listening experience.

I have never always agreed with them, either. Some have been real *******s. But, I learned from them and I tried to pass on what I learned from the bad ones to others to keep them from making the same mistakes in their professional and personal lives.

Their are cops on here that will vouch for the fact that when I disagree with them, I get right in their faces and sometimes it ain't nice.

Most here cannot understand why the **** anyone would want to even talk to a cop, much less try to understand one. Their rule is, "Stay away from me and I'll stay away from you." That's good. It's just something that has worked to my benefit professionally and personally over the years.

The nice part of knowing something factual about the inside of law enforcement is you can better balance what's being said in the media and online, like here on GT, etc.

So, if countrygun wants to explain again his "experience", he can, you'll probably not accept it, nor give anything he says any credibility. But just do this. Sift through his crassness, and bullet point what he's saying. You might find some things you do not know. I'll guarantee there will be things you do not want to know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arrogance of ignorance, brownshirts, jbterrific, no court needed, statists, the usual suspects