Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 15:56   #521
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Extraordinary circumstances for an extraordinary event is hardly indicative of a police state.


If we were in a police state; we wouldn't have to worry about the drivel that some of you post...it wouldn't be permitted.
Do you think that one goes to bed one night in a free republic and then wakes up to the radio blaring and neon signs proudly proclaiming "Police State!"? It happens just like slicing a salami, one slice at a time. Granted, some slices are thicker than others but the end result is the same, eventually you run out of salami to slice.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 16:52   #522
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Do you think that one goes to bed one night in a free republic and then wakes up to the radio blaring and neon signs proudly proclaiming "Police State!"? .
Only in his fantasies


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 17:27   #523
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,645
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Main Entry: police state
Function: noun
Date: 1851
: a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures


From your link.

Is a search warrant a legal procedure?

The debate we've been engaged in is whether established legal procedures were followed




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The "debate" is flawed.

You have started with a conclusion "The Police were wrong", then gone off in search of arguments to support that.
When refute, the goal posts suddenly move.

Rinse, repeat.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 17:31   #524
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 41,731


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The "debate" is flawed.

You have started with a conclusion "The Police were wrong", then gone off in search of arguments to support that.
When refute, the goal posts suddenly move.

Rinse, repeat.
No I havent


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 18:01   #525
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,099
There's a lot of people on this forum who need to slide back from the computer and go outside.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:40   #526
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Your fears are childish and lack emotional maturity. Your objectivity is lost and you so badly want to blame law enforcement for perceived misdoings that you are now grasping at anything you can to place that blame.
Says the guy that gets to storm people's houses like those in the videos. Im sure you like the direction things are headed because you're getting power and would love even more. Your opinion is worth precisely zero. You enjoy the power trip your badge gives you.

My arguments are clear and straight to the point. All I read in your quote is a big personal attack wrapped in flowery language. Do you believe there are degrees of rights?

Quote:
I see a whole bunch of people whining and crying on the internet; yet I'm sure a majority of the people in the area didn't mind the short inconvenience for their security while a terrorist was on the loose.
You're sure? Well that settles it. The guy with the gun and badge says he's sure. Game over. We all go home now. He's sure that 51% didn't mind. Btw, a lot of people are ignorant, don't know their rights, have little understanding of what's going on around them, and generally are just satisfied with American Idol and a bag of Cheetos. I generally don't care what they think.

Quote:
I will pose the same question that I pose to others: what is it that you do for a living?
Irrelevant and I know better than to give personal information to cops. The funny part is that your bias is completely out in the open for all to see since you appear to taut your profession.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-26-2013 at 18:41..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:42   #527
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well, I guess the whole justice system has it wrong then.

Glad your here to straighten it out.

So we should reduce the penalty for murder to the same penalty a cop gets for a search that is overturned in Court .

Great plan there Solomon.
Strawman, start to finish. Bad one too. Try again?
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:44   #528
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
I'll say this much -

If today's media hasn't successfully dragged a slew of Bostonians in front of the cameras to rant about unfair, unconstitutional treatment by the police, then maybe that sentiment just isn't there.

People were scared. The police (local/state/feds) fixed that. At least for now.
This has to be a joke. Since the media didn't report it, therefore it doesn't exist? Is that what you're saying here?
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:45   #529
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Says the guy that gets to storm people's houses like those in the videos. Im sure you like the direction things are headed because you're getting power and would love even more. Your opinion is worth precisely zero. You enjoy the power trip your badge gives you.

My arguments are clear and straight to the point. All I read in your quote is a big personal attack wrapped in flowery language. Do you believe there are degrees of rights?

You're sure? Well that settles it. The guy with the gun and badge says he's sure. Game over. We all go home now. He's sure that 51% didn't mind. Btw, a lot of people are ignorant, don't know their rights, have little understanding of what's going on around them, and generally are just satisfied with American Idol and a bag of Cheetos. I generally don't care what they think.

Irrelevant and I know better than to give personal information to cops. The funny part is that your bias is completely out in the open for all to see since you appear to taut your profession.
Childish, erratic and a refusal to learn or understand anything. Sprinkle in some puttin words and Numbers in my mouth and you're set. You'll do well among your comrades here!

Your argument are full of emotion and disdain for authority.


Again, what is it that you do for a living?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:46   #530
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
This has to be a joke. Since the media didn't report it, therefore it doesn't exist? Is that what you're saying here?
It exists in your fantasy, shoot a cop in the face world, right?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:47   #531
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,599
Civil Liberties Issues
__________________
Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all.
umm excuse me are those extragent circus pants you have on ?? or do you work for a circus ?
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:51   #532
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
You've spent a lot of time criticizing what happened, so I'm real curious if the responsibility was yours, what you would have done.

You've got a terrorist with explosives and firearms in a neighborhood. You don't know where he is or what he's doing. You know there is a threat, but that's about it.

So, if you were in charge, and you had wide latitude to act how you thought was best, how would you proceed? What would you instruct your officers to do? What assets would you deploy? What instructions would you give the citizens?

I'm really looking for what you would do, not what you would not do.

Well, yes I would NOT do what was done. I would have mobilized every patrol officer in the region with a BOLO order, but specifically concentrated in the general area that the bomber was last reported in. I would have no problems with patrol saturation and cops (uniformed or plain clothes but not SWAT) on foot walking the neighborhoods (eta: but to NOT approach houses without specific cause). I would have used the local Emergency Alert to notify tv and radio listeners that one of the alleged bombers may still be in the area and to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity. You know, suspicious stuff like blood on boats that otherwise would be missed by a lockdown. Advise residents to turn on outside lights after dark, keep your arms nearby and doors locked if you are staying inside. I would make it clear via press conference that the city is not on lockdown and residents are free to travel as their constitutional right to free travel demands.

Guess which plan would have caught the bomber first? Yours or mine? MINE.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-26-2013 at 19:00..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:57   #533
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Childish, erratic and a refusal to learn or understand anything. Sprinkle in some puttin words and Numbers in my mouth and you're set. You'll do well among your comrades here!

Your argument are full of emotion and disdain for authority.


Again, what is it that you do for a living?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
It exists in your fantasy, shoot a cop in the face world, right?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
If this is what your argument has devolved into then no point engaging you further. Im sure you'd confiscate people's guns if a superior told you to.


Last edited by G19G20; 04-26-2013 at 18:58..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:57   #534
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Well, yes I would NOT do what was done. I would have mobilized every patrol officer in the region with a BOLO order, but specifically concentrated in the general area that the bomber was last reported in. I would have no problems with patrol saturation and cops (uniformed or plain clothes but not SWAT) on foot walking the neighborhoods. I would have used the local Emergency Alert to notify tv and radio listeners that one of the alleged bombers may still be in the area and to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity. You know, suspicious stuff like blood on boats that otherwise would be missed by a lockdown. Advise residents to turn on outside lights after dark, keep your arms nearby and doors locked if you are staying inside. I would make it clear via press conference that the city is not on lockdown and residents are free to travel as their constitutional right to free travel demands.

Guess which plan would have caught the bomber first? Yours or mine? MINE.
Good thing you're not in charge of anything value, I don't want to see any more cops killed.

In fantasy land that may all sound good, but it's jus not real life.

Why send in undergunned patrol cops after someone who has ALREADY killed one cop and is fighting with pipe bombs?

Guess what chief, people did leave their homes as needed. What about the people who don't own firearms, F them right?

I like your dig about the boat and blood too. Keep up sparky, we've already covered that the home was OUTSIDE of the perimeter.


What is it that you do for a living that you make such great tac command decisions?




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 18:59   #535
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
If this is what your argument has devolved into then no point engaging you further. Im sure you'd confiscate people's guns if a superior told you to.

Dont Talk to Police - YouTube
You know what assume means, right?


It makes an ass out of you. Keep digging.


What is it that you do for a living?


I'm a police officer and since you feel the need to bash my profession for no reason, what is it that you do for a living?


Probably nothing anyone would be proud of right?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:06   #536
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
I don't know what is more hilarious, the fact that ASH can't form an actual opinion and only drops in to fling crap at other people or that he's posted the same stupid picture twice. Twice. It wasn't funny the first time and its not funny now.


I did find one for him though. Civil Liberties Issues

That one hits close to home...sorry for you man.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:07   #537
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Good thing you're not in charge of anything value, I don't want to see any more cops killed.

In fantasy land that may all sound good, but it's jus not real life.

Why send in undergunned patrol cops after someone who has ALREADY killed one cop and is fighting with pipe bombs?

Guess what chief, people did leave their homes as needed. What about the people who don't own firearms, F them right?

I like your dig about the boat and blood too. Keep up sparky, we've already covered that the home was OUTSIDE of the perimeter.

What is it that you do for a living that you make such great tac command decisions?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
LOL....undergunned? Says the guy that probably drives around all day with no less than 3 firearms in his patrol car while on duty, plus a tazer, pepper spray, and a baton. You're grasping at straws.

I really am done with you.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:09   #538
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Ohio Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Rust Belt.
Posts: 4,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
LOL....undergunned? Says the guy that probably drives around all day with no less than 3 firearms in his patrol car while on duty, plus a tazer, pepper spray, and a baton. You're grasping at straws.

I really am done with you.
You're right, it's actually 4.

Wouldn't it be safer to send a dedicated tac team in instead of patrol officers after a pipe bomb wielding maniac?

No, no, please continue. Your expertise and knowledge is outstanding.


You're using certain terms and phrases to elicit an emotional response from people.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."

Last edited by Ohio Copper; 04-26-2013 at 19:10..
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:23   #539
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
LOL....undergunned? Says the guy that probably drives around all day with no less than 3 firearms in his patrol car while on duty, plus a tazer, pepper spray, and a baton. You're grasping at straws.

I really am done with you.


Ahahahaha.

Little Honey Boo-Boo is "Done with you"

Ahhaha

D*^* you and you facts and experience, you've scared it off.

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 19:55   #540
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Ahahahaha.

Little Honey Boo-Boo is "Done with you"

Ahhaha

D*^* you and you facts and experience, you've scared it off.

You keep bringing up "experience" in these threads, as if it matters. Were you ever a cop? If not, you're just riding the resident cop's jockstraps and that's pathetic.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
arrogance of ignorance, brownshirts, jbterrific, no court needed, statists, the usual suspects
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:43.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,139
348 Members
791 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31