GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15   #481
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
What did he have to say about terrorists planting bomb-rigged pressure cooers in crowds of civilians with the intent of killing as many as possible?

It strikes me that these folks have the goal of not only bringing our Country down but subjection the entire world to a religious caliphate. Given the feelings about King George and the British hand on the Colonies I have this feeling that the Muslim attacks would have been viewed as even worse.

So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
Makes you wonder why they pledged to each other their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor if life was their primary concern.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22   #482
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I repeat the question,



So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
The bombers of course. And they did.

How do you think their supporters felt watching those residential raids?

When you folks say they hate us for our freedom, what exactly do you think they're attacking?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-24-2013 at 11:23..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25   #483
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
What are "militarized police forces"?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
It's the type of police force historically favored by police states.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50   #484
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Makes you wonder why they pledged to each other their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor if life was their primary concern.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Sounds like they were collectivists
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01   #485
DaneA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I repeat the question,



So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
Both.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02   #486
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The bombers of course. And they did.

How do you think their supporters felt watching those residential raids?

When you folks say they hate us for our freedom, what exactly do you think they're attacking?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
What they saw was all future bombings by the duo stopped. They saw one, unfortunately, sent to "Paradise", and one denied. They saw law enforcement end a "spree". They saw plans defeated. Every additional person killed by the second bomber would have been another "victory" to them.

You are merely using the capture of a murderer to try and advance your agenda by twisting the reality.

It was the bombers who plotted to deprive Americans of their freedom by killing and maiming them. Just that simple. If you have some inside information about other motives maybe you should contact the appropriate agency and share this knowledge. I am sure they'd be glad to hear from you.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:03   #487
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneA View Post
Both.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You Sir, are very foolish, or very paranoid, I am not sure which.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18   #488
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,013
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
It's the type of police force historically favored by police states.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You need to educate yourself, at a basic level.

A Police state has/needs no Police.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 13:07   #489
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Sounds like they were collectivists
I know you want it to be so to ease your conscience, but that isn't what it means.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 13:10   #490
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
You need to educate yourself, at a basic level.

A Police state has/needs no Police.
Expand on that.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 14:20   #491
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,640
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Expand on that.
Here's a hint it's the military

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 14:35   #492
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,013
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Expand on that.
Either you don't know what you're talking about (police state) or you are using emotive posting (which isn't honest).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 15:00   #493
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Either you don't know what you're talking about (police state) or you are using emotive posting (which isn't honest).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
Expand on it then.

If you want to have a discussion, discuss. Don't snipe.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 15:01   #494
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Here's a hint it's the military

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Explain.

Are you referring to martial law?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 15:30   #495
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I repeat the question,



So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
The answer is obviously BOTH, since BOTH view the ends as justifying the means, regardless of what rights are abused in the process. Not sure why you and Cav keep making this an "either/or" debate. BOTH sides were equally unconcerned with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness during this event.

This is why Im able to criticize the police's actions and not spend time criticizing the OBVIOUSLY terrible actions of whoever planted those bombs. Dropping bombs in public places is wrong no matter how you look at it and that's just a given. Why even bother stating the obvious? BOTH sides ran roughshod over the rule of law. One I expect it from (terrorists), the other is supposed to uphold it (cops). Neither did. The losers are the rest of us caught in the middle that can't win no matter what.

Never mind that Constitutional rights are squarely aimed at restraining the government from infringing, not restraining individual citizens from infringing on each other. Terrorists do not have to abide by the Constitution so there's that too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
You need to educate yourself, at a basic level.

A Police state has/needs no Police.
I understand your point here, however the brown shirts gotta run to someone for enforcement.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-24-2013 at 15:34..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 15:42   #496
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
®
 
OldSchool64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In The Danger Zone
Posts: 4,956
G19G20 & TBO...
Sounds like you're both referring to 'cops" and 'police" at the local level.
We all need to remember that in a situation like the Boston Lockdown the locals lost all control and/or power. Is that right?... Hell no it's not!
Did you all see the local police marching, or being marched down the middle of the street?
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 16:28   #497
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 45,013
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Expand on it then.

If you want to have a discussion, discuss. Don't snipe.
Either educate yourself on terms you use and define who they apply, or stop using terms/words just for emotional appeal.

It's not on me if you are using the term "Police State" without knowing what it is.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 16:51   #498
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
The answer is obviously BOTH, since BOTH view the ends as justifying the means, regardless of what rights are abused in the process. Not sure why you and Cav keep making this an "either/or" debate. BOTH sides were equally unconcerned with life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness during this event.

.

At the risk of getting in trouble,

you are full of Shinola.

If that is what you think of Cops you can kiss my round-brown eye. You have no clue about the job or the people that choose to put their own lives on the line to keep you and yours safe.

You have just thrown down the most IGNORANT and idiotic insult I have yet seen. There is no walking that back.

you are scum IMO.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 16:54   #499
racerford
Senior Member
 
racerford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DFW area
Posts: 5,029


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
You need to educate yourself, at a basic level.

A Police state has/needs no Police.
World English Dictionary
police state

— n
a state or country in which a repressive government maintains control through the police


This definition seems to indicate otherwise.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 17:05   #500
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 41,169


Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Either educate yourself on terms you use and define who they apply, or stop using terms/words just for emotional appeal.

It's not on me if you are using the term "Police State" without knowing what it is.
I'm beginning to think you don't know. Tell me TBO. Apparently I'm ignorant.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
arrogance of ignorance, brownshirts, jbterrific, no court needed, statists, the usual suspects
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,169
310 Members
859 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42