Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-23-2013, 15:36   #461
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
It's good for letting you know when it's going to hail, not giving away responding LE plans. That's how officers get ambushed and killed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Im getting really confused by the mental gymnastics going on within the LEO camp here. Ive seen post after post about how the situation was such an ("exigent") emergency that the rule of law can be thrown out the window....but now it wasn't enough of an emergency to use the Emergency Alert System already in place to notify residents that there may be a terrorist in their neighborhood and cops will be going door-to-door looking for him?

Hail and missing kids are an emergency worth notifying but not terrorists. Bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
So if I am a Muslime terrorist all I have to do is get in G19G20's home. Then I can herd them into a back bedroom and slit his wife's throat in front of him and his children. When the cops come to the door he will tell them he doesn't consent to a search because he knows I have no compunction against killing infidel children. When they leave and abandon the search I will kill them all and be on my way.

That's sick but it's what you are asking for G19G20.

Regards,
Happyguy
What kind of retarded comment is that? If you get past my (in order) 1. security cameras 2. 100 pound loud *** barking dog 3. firearms, and finally 4. me, then I guess I was no match for you and only have myself to blame for whatever comes of it. You do realize you're on a forum full of people that are quite capable of defending themselves, right?

Last edited by G19G20; 04-23-2013 at 15:43..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:42   #462
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Im getting really confused by the mental gymnastics going on within the LEO camp here. Ive seen post after post about how the situation was such an ("exigent") emergency that the rule of law can be thrown out the window....but now it wasn't enough of an emergency to use the Emergency Alert System already in place to notify residents that there may be a terrorist in their neighborhood and cops will be going door-to-door looking for him?

Hail and missing kids are an emergency worth notifying but not terrorists. Bizarre.
you my friend are not the only confused with the locals . just gotta roll with it . thick skin , and look up laws for yourself because thats only way yo know for sure . you cant take nothing on GT or the interweb for face value lol
ignore list rocks !!
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:45   #463
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
ain't no one

Quote:
... Hail and missing kids are an emergency worth notifying but not terrorists. Bizarre.
I'm pretty sure you've made your point, time to move on.
I don't mean to be derogatory, but...

Last edited by OldSchool64; 04-23-2013 at 15:49..
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 15:46   #464
Ohio Copper

Quote:

What kind of retarded comment is that? If you get past my (in order) 1. security cameras 2. 100 pound loud *** barking dog 3. firearms, and finally 4. me, then I guess I was no match for you and only have myself to blame for whatever comes of it. You do realize you're on a forum full of people that are quite capable of defending themselves, right?
What do you do for a living?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 16:31   #465
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership
ain't no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
... look up laws for yourself because thats only way yo know for sure . you cant take nothing on GT or the interweb for face value...
Good advice, very good advice indeed!
OldSchool64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47   #466
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
So if I am a Muslime terrorist all I have to do is get in G19G20's home. Then I can herd them into a back bedroom and slit his wife's throat in front of him and his children. When the cops come to the door he will tell them he doesn't consent to a search because he knows I have no compunction against killing infidel children. When they leave and abandon the search I will kill them all and be on my way.

That's sick but it's what you are asking for G19G20.

Regards,
Happyguy
That is absurd.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53   #467
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
But, back to using being ambushed as a qualifier, let's not. Why not ask, "How do you avoid being ambushed?"

WAIT, wait, wait, he can't answer that in detail...it's stuff like that on the internet that gets cops killed or wounded.

Sorry...
Then next time a terrorist is on the loose, the police should shut down the internet.

Hey, if they can suspend the 4th, why not? You have no Constitutional right to Tweet. As long as lives are saved.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-24-2013 at 08:53..
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10   #468
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Then next time a terrorist is on the loose, the police should shut down the internet.

Hey, if they can suspend the 4th, why not? You have no Constitutional right to Tweet. As long as lives are saved.
What About shutting down cell phone towers if they have information bombs would be detonated by cell signals.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12   #469
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

So you say you could be a pimply faced 15 year old in your mom's basement. That's the beauty of the Internet.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:42   #470
countrygun

Quote:

Nice to see you are consistent in your disdain for those who show concern about the dangers to officers. Any display of such causes you such revulsion that you have to morph it to an absurd level to dismiss it.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54   #471
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
What About shutting down cell phone towers if they have information bombs would be detonated by cell signals.

Sure. You have no Constitutional right to make a cell phone call.

Whatever it takes.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55   #472
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Nice to see you are consistent in your disdain for those who show concern about the dangers to officers. Any display of such causes you such revulsion that you have to morph it to an absurd level to dismiss it.
Nice to see you still have disdain for those who show concern for the Bill of Rights and the founding principle of individual liberty.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06   #473
countrygun

Quote:
Nice to see you still have disdain for those who show concern for the Bill of Rights and the founding principle of individual liberty.
You have an obvious habit of talking about "liberty" and disdaining those who are concerned with life. More than once you have used the "Oh sure, if it saves one life" line cynically but you overlook the Founders concerns about LIFE, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

They put those words in that order for a reason, they valued LIFE.

You seem to be unaware that the police were trying to preserve the life of the citizens so they could enjoy liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and it was the bomber who was trying to take those three things away from as many Americans as he could.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13   #474
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
You have an obvious habit of talking about "liberty" and disdaining those who are concerned with life. More than once you have used the "Oh sure, if it saves one life" line cynically but you overlook the Founders concerns about LIFE, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

They put those words in that order for a reason, they valued LIFE.

You seem to be unaware that the police were trying to preserve the life of the citizens so they could enjoy liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and it was the bomber who was trying to take those three things away from as many Americans as he could.
So when Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death" what did he mean?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29   #475
countrygun

Quote:
So when Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death" what did he mean?
Pick a quote out of the history book and use it to justify anything. It's an old trick. I am unaware of the passages that he contributed to the Declaration, Constitution, or Bill of Rights. It is a nice emotional plea, but doesn't override the facts.

Funny that you should pull out an emotional argument, in the face of the written words of the Founders when you are the one who continually accuses others of letting emotion (if it saves one child) get in the way of the written words of the Founders.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43   #476
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Pick a quote out of the history book and use it to justify anything. It's an old trick. I am unaware of the passages that he contributed to the Declaration, Constitution, or Bill of Rights. It is a nice emotional plea, but doesn't override the facts.

Funny that you should pull out an emotional argument, in the face of the written words of the Founders when you are the one who continually accuses others of letting emotion (if it saves one child) get in the way of the written words of the Founders.
You're probably right. When Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence I'm sure militarized police forces ordering citizens out of their homes at gunpoint was exactly the sort of thing he wanted for this young nation. It's clear from the body of his writings that he wasa man who would gladly trade liberty for security.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55   #477
countrygun

Quote:
You're probably right. When Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence I'm sure militarized police forces ordering citizens out of their homes at gunpoint was exactly the sort of thing he wanted for this young nation. It's clear from the body of his writings that he wasa man who would gladly trade liberty for security.

What did he have to say about terrorists planting bomb-rigged pressure cooers in crowds of civilians with the intent of killing as many as possible?

It strikes me that these folks have the goal of not only bringing our Country down but subjection the entire world to a religious caliphate. Given the feelings about King George and the British hand on the Colonies I have this feeling that the Muslim attacks would have been viewed as even worse.

So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06   #478
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
What did he have to say about terrorists planting bomb-rigged pressure cooers in crowds of civilians with the intent of killing as many as possible?

It strikes me that these folks have the goal of not only bringing our Country down but subjection the entire world to a religious caliphate. Given the feelings about King George and the British hand on the Colonies I have this feeling that the Muslim attacks would have been viewed as even worse.

So, who was trying to deprive Americans of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the bomber or the Cops who were trying to stop him?
What did he have to say about precision semi automatic rifles? Does that mean they fall outside of the second amendment? You sound like Eric holder.

I'm not sure I understand the rest of your post. Are you saying Jefferson would have viewed this 19 year old terrorist as worse than king George?

Do you know that king George essentially viewed Jefferson as a terrorist/criminal and would have hanged him if he could? Do you suppose Jefferson would have supported the king's soldiers doing what the cops did in Watertown?

I'm not comparing Jefferson to these bombers but king george would. Anyone with reasonable critical thinking skills can see that there really is fundamentally nothing new that these guys didn't anticipate when it comes to the bill of rights.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-24-2013 at 11:13..
Old 04-24-2013, 11:10   #479
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

What are "militarized police forces"?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13   #480
countrygun

I repeat the question,

Tags
arrogance of ignorance, brownshirts, jbterrific, no court needed, statists, the usual suspects