SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 22:33   #1
fifthward
Drifter

Glock World

I'm starting to get comfortable with my transition to Glocks.

Couple of generic questions...

1. With so much to choose from, and many places to purchase, - where's the best resource for Glock parts? I pretty diligent when thinking of back up parts - so I'm looking for a consistent source that offers good prices, realistic turnarounds, and consistent stock. I recently saw a glock parts kit, that sold most replacement parts - already in plastic bags with labels - within a bag! 49.95! I've purchase backstraps for other guns for $30!

2. Thinking of getting a lighter trigger pull for my G34. I'm keeping my carry G26 factory stock...but my 34 is also for any time when the chips are down. Does going with a lighter trigger compromise reliability? If so...I'd rather keep it staock as well...and give it a 2,000 round trigger job.

Thanks in advance.

BTW...before joining the darkside..I've heard rumors of Glock Talk...of how asinine some members would get on threads. I have to admit - my time & experience here, although limited, couldn't be further from the rumor. Very civil - on topic, not derogatory or insulting, and pretty informative discussion. Props to Glock Talk.
Old 04-17-2013, 22:42   #2
ImpeachObama
Fuhgettaboutit

Welcome. Things are pretty civil and tame around here. Check out glockparts.com in CO and midwayusa.com in MO for G parts. There are plenty others too.
ImpeachObama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 22:48   #3
bentbiker
NRA Member

I'd suggest you buy spare parts when you need them. Chances are you never will. If you had only one gun it would be different. It's not like you can switch a part in an emergency, so you are looking at switching to the other gun anyway. GlockParts can get you new parts within a day or two if you need to order. Since most of the "replacement" parts in your two guns are interchangeable, you might look at your G34 as a single backup, or a package of replacement parts.

Last edited by bentbiker; 04-17-2013 at 22:49..
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:28   #4
INEEDMILK

1) Lone Wolf Distributors or GlockParts.com

2) Leave your trigger alone. The 34 comes with a 4.5 lb stock trigger so any aftermarket rigging wont give you that much of a change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48   #5
fifthward
Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
1) Lone Wolf Distributors or GlockParts.com

2) Leave your trigger alone. The 34 comes with a 4.5 lb stock trigger so any aftermarket rigging wont give you that much of a change.
I'll need to look into getting the stock 4.5 lb connector. My 34 Gen4 is a blue label - and the box says 5.5 lb...and has the "." connector.

I'll have to research which OEM connector it is (I think it's the "-" connector. But reliability is still a priority - so if it's best to stay stock I will. My apologies if this is a noob topic - I'll need to google-fu this a little more.

General Glocking

Last edited by fifthward; 04-18-2013 at 06:04..
fifthward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07   #6
fifthward
Drifter

I take it that this is the ticket?

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6648&CAT=705
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18   #7
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthward View Post
Glock World
General Glocking

I say don't bother with the '-' connector.....I don't consider it to be an improvement at all.

Check out my blog, two pages of good info there for new Glockers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:59   #8
INEEDMILK

Quote:
I'll need to look into getting the stock 4.5 lb connector. My 34 Gen4 is a blue label - and the box says 5.5 lb...and has the "." connector.

I'll have to research which OEM connector it is (I think it's the "-" connector. But reliability is still a priority - so if it's best to stay stock I will. My apologies if this is a noob topic - I'll need to google-fu this a little more.

General Glocking

Ah. Didn't realize you had a Blue Label 34.

Yes, you are correct the "-" will give you a 4.5 lb trigger.

This chart has been helpful for me over the years:

General Glocking

INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:15   #9
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
....... Couple of generic questions...

1. With so much to choose from, and many places to purchase, - where's the best resource for Glock parts? I pretty diligent when thinking of back up parts - so I'm looking for a consistent source that offers good prices, realistic turnarounds, and consistent stock. I recently saw a glock parts kit, that sold most replacement parts - already in plastic bags with labels - within a bag! 49.95! I've purchase backstraps for other guns for $30!
Good for you! It's a good idea to keep certain extra spare Glock parts on hand. Like a lot of other experienced members on this board I, too, keep a, 'Glock Box' of parts which I might need. Things like:

(1) Extra springs,

(2) Extra slide locks, (Which, because it's the weakest part on any Glock, I regularly change out every 12 to 18 months on my own heavily used pistols.)

(3) Extra spring loaded bearings and SLB springs, (Which, if you regularly clean your slide channels, you will need.)

(4) Extra spring cups and channel liners, (Which, for whatever reasons, I've never had to change during the past 10 years; but I keep them, nonetheless.)

Aftermarket Glock parts suppliers I've had good luck dealing with include: Glockmeister, Glockparts.com, Ghost, Inc., and Apex Tactical. Every one of them is a solid reliable company that sells quality parts and will treat you right. (They, all, ship really fast too!) This said: I'm not a fan of these commercial field kits, or bags, of spare parts. Inventory what you might really need and nothing else.

Quote:
2. Thinking of getting a lighter trigger pull for my G34. I'm keeping my carry G26 factory stock...but my 34 is also for any time when the chips are down. Does going with a lighter trigger compromise reliability? If so...I'd rather keep it stock as well...and give it a 2,000 round trigger job.
NONE of my Glock pistols are stock!

'Why' you might ask? Because I really hate the stock factory trigger(s)! I suppose it's not really fair - or, perhaps, safe - to encourage someone who doesn't actually know how to do a Glock trigger job to, 'jump right in'; but, I spent a lot of my, 'prodigal youth' hanging around gunsmith shops; and I do know how to really polish AND tune a Glock's trigger.

Believe me there is no substitute for a good, '$1.50 Glock trigger job'. If you don't really know how to do one, as well as to change the springs to match, I'd suggest you find a Glock Armorer who does, and let him set your pistols up for you.

Quote:
BTW...before joining the darkside..I've heard rumors of Glock Talk...of how asinine some members would get on threads. I have to admit - my time & experience here, although limited, couldn't be further from the rumor. Very civil - on topic, not derogatory or insulting, and pretty informative discussion. Props to Glock Talk.
This can be a very civil place! Often it simply depends upon whom you are talking to. Remember: 'It takes more than just a few dates before you really get to know the lass.'
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote