Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2013, 22:30   #1
pikemaster11

Would I qualify?

I just got a job as an animal control officer for our local Police Department. I am not a peace officer, but was wondering if I would qualify for the blue label discount. I have tried searching, but can not find the answer. My guess would be no, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Last edited by pikemaster11; 04-17-2013 at 22:34..
pikemaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 22:33   #2
Bulldog160

From Glock:

Those who qualify include:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)

EMTís, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics

Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)

Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers

State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)

State Licensed Armed Security Officers

Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys

LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bulldog160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:48   #3
glowrod
Fightin' Fire

I would think that you do. Did you receive a badge? Do you have a department id? Go to your LGS that participates in the blue label program, show your credentials, it is all that is needed and fill out a simple form for Glock.

Last edited by glowrod; 04-18-2013 at 03:49..
glowrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:53   #4
Sohryu76

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrod View Post
I would think that you do. Did you receive a badge? Do you have a department id? Go to your LGS that participates in the blue label program, show your credentials, it is all that is needed and fill out a simple form for Glock.
Calling or emailing Glock would be the best way for you to find out. According to Glock dispatchers do not qualify. Even with our ID and badges.
Not sure animal control would either. But your supplier might not understand that fully. My supplier accepted my credentials despite what Glock told me.
Sohryu76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20   #5
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrod View Post
Having a badge and ID from a police department is not enough. The janitor might get that. You have to be "Sworn", meaning you have arrest powers. Animal control officers do not.
iflyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:51   #6
pikemaster11

http://mainetactical.net/Glock_Blue_Label_Pistol.html

On this list and a couple of others I have found, it says Police employees with official ID including dispatchers, jailers.

It is confusing
pikemaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:55   #7
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

I bet there are some animal control officers that have arrest powers. In California the Life Guards on the beach are "police officers", carry guns, wear ballistic vests, and can bust you in a heart beat if they want.

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 13:33   #8
Bruce M

As suggested the best way to find out may be to go a store that participates in the program. My guess is that some stores may allow you and my other guess is that Glock gets concerned based on complaints and unusual patterns, but probably not for one sale.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 16:29   #9
dudel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyem1 View Post
Having a badge and ID from a police department is not enough. The janitor might get that. You have to be "Sworn", meaning you have arrest powers. Animal control officers do not.

In our county, Gilmer, they do.
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 20:50   #10
iflyem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudel View Post
In our county, Gilmer, they do.
OK, I'll be the first to admit when I am wrong.

In any case go to a blue label dealer, present your credentials and see what they say. All they can say is no, but they might say yes and you get a Glock at a nice discount!
iflyem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:34   #11
klt1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyem1 View Post
The animal control officers in my area are sworn, have arrest powers, and go through the same academy as the rest of us. Many times the animal control officer is a way for a guy to "get his foot in the door" of the police or sheriff's office or a chance for a more experienced officer to get off rotating patrol shifts.
Big Dawg #6874
Sub Club #2980
klt1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05   #12
Sohryu76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikemaster11 View Post
http://mainetactical.net/Glock_Blue_Label_Pistol.html

On this list and a couple of others I have found, it says Police employees with official ID including dispatchers, jailers.

It is confusing
Have you contacted Glock yet? Any information you get from any website that is not Glock may not be correct. If you want not confusing contact Glock.
Sohryu76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:40   #13
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Started out for cops. Nowadays, anyone but a burger flipper qualifies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikemaster11 View Post
I just got a job as an animal control officer for our local Police Department. I am not a peace officer, but was wondering if I would qualify for the blue label discount. I have tried searching, but can not find the answer. My guess would be no, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote