Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2013, 13:47   #81
gofastman

WOOT! mine is on the way!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:20   #82
Bongo Boy

Mine arrived about 45 minutes ago. It is quite nicely-made, I must say--certainly beats the pants off an M3 grease gun by a long sea mile.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

Some electrical tape over the barrel (with the end dangling, of course), a sling and a stock...should be perfectly-equipped to manage the zombie situation, when it inevitably comes.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 06-26-2013 at 17:15..
Bongo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26   #83
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo boy View Post
mine arrived about 45 minutes ago. It is quite nicely-made, i must say--certainly beats the pants off an m3 grease gun by a long sea mile.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

some electrical tape over the barrel (with the end dangling, of course), a sling and a stock...should be perfectly-equipped to manage the zombie situation, when it inevitably comes.
wow, super nice!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 20:26   #84
ctious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Boy View Post
Are these still the 205gr bullets you're shooting--what's the mold? That's mighty impressive!
That was the 200 gr shallow hp that day if I remember right. Or maybe it was the 205 flat. I forget. The mold is a custom one off or cast bullet forum. Mihec 10mm with 3 pin options. They just had a re run. If I did it again I would order the 190 mold instead of the 200 mold. 190 give u way.more speed in the 10mm.
ctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 22:21   #85
Bongo Boy

That's amazing...I just now picked up the 190 gr mihec 4-cavity with the 3 pin sets from the mailbox. Was seriously thinking of firing up the pot but I'm just whipped and would probably hurt myself. Can't wait to get the mold broken in...and can't wait to get the CCU assembled (I forgot to buy a buffer tube and castle nut...duh).
Old 06-27-2013, 05:33   #86
ModGlock17

Quote:
That's amazing...I just now picked up the 190 gr mihec 4-cavity with the 3 pin sets from the mailbox. Was seriously thinking of firing up the pot but I'm just whipped and would probably hurt myself. Can't wait to get the mold broken in...and can't wait to get the CCU assembled (I forgot to buy a buffer tube and castle nut...duh).
Congrats! Cool sight.

With an adapter, any M4 stock should fit on that.

You're going to have a lot of fun!

Btw, if you can slip on a section of bicycle inner tube on the G20 grip, it'd feel like a sure grip. Just cut to length and stretch to slip on. Black tube is hard to notice but provide a rubber grip. Much better than Pachmyar (sp?) but not as sexy.

Last edited by ModGlock17; 06-27-2013 at 05:39..
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:59   #87
Bongo Boy

I'll try that. I've got the Pachmayr on it right now and probably should have taken the reviews more seriously--it's not a very pleasant-feeling grip. Sort of greasy feeling and it always feels as though it's sliding around on the gun grip. The cloth electrical tape was actually perfect, but the tar was difficult to wash off the hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Cool sight.
With it's protective housing...

The 10 Ring

I haven't had much time with it at all...I originally had it mounted on the Witness Hunter, which of course was ridiculous. I wanted a big, open sight, but didn't know just how big it really was. I think it will be perfect for the CCU in plinking mode with the 1 MOA dot. What's especially nice is the large glass, and the near-infinitely adjustable dot brightness.

Have you tried different connectors? I know MechTech says to go all-stock everything, but I just left my extra strength trigger spring and 3.5 lb connector in the frame when I assembled things. The trigger isn't too pleasant...but per Mech Tech the mechanics of the trigger are the same as in the assembled Glock (safe action remains the same). I'd expect it to feel at least a bit more like the Glock 20 trigger, if not exactly the same of course.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 06-27-2013 at 13:28..
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35   #88
gofastman

How are you guys cleaning your CCUs? Detail strip or flushing with cleaner like the directions advise?
I have just been flushing the thing out with a homemade gun cleaner (BF CLP+MEK+Xylene + a shot of GooGone to add some d-limonene)

Last edited by gofastman; 06-28-2013 at 12:36..
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 13:14   #89
ModGlock17

Quote:
?...
Have you tried different connectors? I know MechTech says to go all-stock everything, but I just left my extra strength trigger spring and 3.5 lb connector in the frame when I assembled things. The trigger isn't too pleasant...but per Mech Tech the mechanics of the trigger are the same as in the assembled Glock (safe action remains the same). I'd expect it to feel at least a bit more like the Glock 20 trigger, if not exactly the same of course.
I'm not sure if you're referring to the part that bothered me, trigger feel.

It's not the G20. It's the firing pin assembly in the MT. I smoothed it out quite a bit and it now feels much better, not rough and gritty. Smooth the firing pin lip, the part where G20 trigger bar will push back and slip. It will feel nicer. Use 600grit then car polish paste. Clean it, then Frog lube it.
Old 06-28-2013, 13:17   #90
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
How are you guys cleaning your CCUs? Detail strip or flushing with cleaner like the directions advise?
I have just been flushing the thing out with a homemade gun cleaner (BF CLP+MEK+Xylene + a shot of GooGone to add some d-limonene)
I flush mine too. Hate to wear off the screws from repeated full disassembly.

Insert a portion of a rag at the bottom of the opening to soak out the draining cleaner, then flush away.
Old 06-28-2013, 14:32   #91
Bongo Boy

I think you're okay except for the MEK and Xylene...jeeeezzz. I use MEK for a lot of stuff but I'd feel far safer pumping a pint of brake cleaner into the thing than that stuff. There's a couple of buffers in the assembly and I'd think xylene would dissolve either of them. I mean it wouldn't be the end of the world or anything...but I'd leave that stuff to the meth lab guys.

Yes, I was talking about the the trigger. Makes sense to polish the striker face thingie...it's like starting all over again to get a trigger that feels good.

Without a butt stock and nothing to rest it on but my hand, I was almost able to get a single hole at 25 yds with 20 rds--not quite--had about 4 that didn't touch. So, that gives me high hopes shooting it without being all hunched over and having a stock. Pretty darn nice. I expected it to just 'sit there' when I fired it thinking that 6.8 lb gun wouldn't budge. Wrongo. The astonishing firepower and awesome recoil of the 10mm cartridge can't be contained by mere mass alone...

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 06-28-2013 at 15:26..
Old 06-28-2013, 15:31   #92
ModGlock17

Quote:
?...

Without a butt stock and nothing to rest it on but my hand, I was almost able to get a single hole at 25 yds with 20 rds--not quite--had about 4 that didn't touch. So, that gives me high hopes shooting it without being all hunched over and having a stock. Pretty darn nice. I expected it to just 'sit there' when I fired it thinking that 6.8 lb gun wouldn't budge. Wrongo. The astonishing firepower and awesome recoil of the 10mm cartridge can't be contained by mere mass alone...
Know exactly what you mean!

I'm trying to find a stock that angles down, so I can rest my cheek better to see the scope. A straight line stock is not as fun.
Old 06-28-2013, 16:33   #93
dm1906
Retired SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Know exactly what you mean!

I'm trying to find a stock that angles down, so I can rest my cheek better to see the scope. A straight line stock is not as fun.
The carry handle rear sight with the top rail adapter sets the optics in a much better location. There are other options to elevate the sight, like a riser, and they can be had in many heights. I have the same issue with AR/M16 flat top rifles. Same solution.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39   #94
Bongo Boy

Anyone having any trouble with the bolt not locking back on an empty mag? Mine has not stayed back once yet. Running standard magazines but with the Arredondo +5 base and heavy duty springs.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 07-02-2013 at 11:39..
Old 07-02-2013, 13:58   #95
dm1906
Retired SO

Quote:
Anyone having any trouble with the bolt not locking back on an empty mag? Mine has not stayed back once yet. Running standard magazines but with the Arredondo +5 base and heavy duty springs.
It won't, and isn't designed to. There is no bolt catch, other than the manual charging knob.
Old 07-02-2013, 14:35   #96
gofastman

Quote:
Mine doesn't lock back
Old 07-02-2013, 23:34   #97
Bongo Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1906 View Post
It won't, and isn't designed to. There is no bolt catch, other than the manual charging knob.
That's hilarious...I didn't know that and didn't notice. I was in the process of staring down in to it a lot to see how it locked back. Didn't find anything.

Okay. There's one thing to check off my 'don't worry about it' list.

There's no selector lever, either, and that really drives me nuts.

Jokes aside, here's the current configuration. Buffer tube and nut came yesterday. I split the swivel mount ring so it slides on and then clamp it in place with the swivel thumbscrew. I put the sling in a simple, traditional hasty sling configuration, not wanting to deal with the 14 clamps, buckles and keepers of the 'tactical' sling setup which give me gas.

The 10 Ring

She goes to the range today to see if I can actually hit anything with it, and maybe some chrono action as well.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 07-03-2013 at 07:45..
Old 07-03-2013, 10:23   #98
gofastman

So...
I found out a Mech Tech will fire significantly out of battery!
No major damage or injuries, mech tech is a little bent up around where the glock frame mounts, probably due to the frame being blown off the CCU. man it scared the hell out of me!
Im still not exactly sure what happened.
Should I call up mech tech and tell them they have a design issue? I dont think it should EVER fire out of battery

Hey Bongo Boy, what kind of stock is that?
Attached Thumbnails
The 10 Ring - Click for larger version  

Last edited by gofastman; 07-03-2013 at 10:28..
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 14:54   #99
dm1906
Retired SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
So...
I found out a Mech Tech will fire significantly out of battery!
No major damage or injuries, mech tech is a little bent up around where the glock frame mounts, probably due to the frame being blown off the CCU. man it scared the hell out of me!
Im still not exactly sure what happened.
Should I call up mech tech and tell them they have a design issue? I dont think it should EVER fire out of battery ......
It's a straight blow-back action design. This will happen EVERY TIME with the wrong or possibly defective ammo.

By looking at the pic, it doesn't appear it fired out of battery. That's what too high or too late (or both) pressure looks like. Either the load was too hot, or the powder was too slow. It's possible the brass failed (all else being "normal"), but much less likely, considering it blew off the pistol frame.
Old 07-03-2013, 15:10   #100
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1906 View Post
It's a straight blow-back action design. This will happen EVERY TIME with the wrong or possibly defective ammo.

By looking at the pic, it doesn't appear it fired out of battery. That's what too high or too late (or both) pressure looks like. Either the load was too hot, or the powder was too slow. It's possible the brass failed (all else being "normal"), but much less likely, considering it blew off the pistol frame.
Could also be the load before it was a squib that left a bullet in the barrel. Was that round it the picture a handload or a factory loaded round?

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGrip™ Manufacturer Website

AGrip™ Installation Video

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote