SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2013, 13:26   #61
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Try the next size bigger on the bullets. Your cast bullet needs to be at LEAST .001" over groove diameter. For my longslide, that is .401-.4105" at LEAST... For my .44 revolver, that's actually around .431-.432" as I've slugged my barrel measurements. Bullet FIT is the best way to prevent leading.
Thx. To be fair, 16" is a lot of barrel (vs. a 4.6" barrel) to deposit lead on.

Update: after some 500+ rounds, the CCU is a solid performer. I discovered a couple of things.

1. GlockBlock modification that I showed earlier was LESS reliable (may be 90%) than the OEM (99.9%). In an earlier post, I mentioned that instead of taking away metal to make the groove we'd need to deposit metal. It seems the OEM part, even though flat, bounced the bullet sufficiently early to the chamber to feed it whereas my grooved one was marginally late. Marginally late feeding action jams up the bullet prior to chamber entry. It also depends on bullet profile, round vs. conical. A work-around for this issue is to do 1.260" OAL instead of 1.250", but then you'd be doing a different reloading just for the CCU. In other words, you'd want the bullet to bounce into the chamber early, rather than later. Long cartridge bounces into chamber more reliably.

2. The back end of the firing pin has a retaining washer, spring, and a washer clip. They get bounced into the plastic recoil absorber pad along with the bolt. They can come off, a minor design weakness. I just JBWelded the clip since the whole firing pin assembly isn't meant to be taken down anyway.

Other than those issues, one is mine and the other is minor, the MTech feels smoother every time at the range. I warn you. Unless you reload to alleviate some ammo cost, it's far too easy to pull the trigger just because "you can" particularly when you have a 30 round mag!

A lot of fun in shooting... Accurate enough... I can pick off small fragments of orange clay disks that had already been shot by another shooter at 25 yards, free hand.

A little padding on the m4 stock butt will help the enjoyment.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:16   #62
gofastman

Hmmm, I wonder when I get the CCU if Ill have to get a PW Autodrive for my press to keep up

Last edited by gofastman; 05-10-2013 at 15:18..
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:23   #63
ctious

I think o. the block u just may have just gone too deep. Mine is only half as deep as yours and mine is flawless. I have not looked be that clip on mine. I should peek at it.
ctious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 15:49   #64
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctious View Post
I think o. the block u just may have just gone too deep. Mine is only half as deep as yours and mine is flawless. ...
I think so. It actually worked fine with conical bullet. It failed on some round nose hollow points that has different ogive profile. In any case, we now have a record of how deep is too much.

Try cut and paste your picture on the post, so I can see yours. Get a free acct on photobucket. Upload it there. Then display it in that window. Right click, and chose COPY. It's now in computer memory. Now goto post your comment on GT. right click and PASTE. That's all. Just make sure your pics are 640x480 or smaller, before uploading to photobucket.
Old 05-10-2013, 16:02   #65
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
Hmmm, I wonder when I get the CCU if Ill have to get a PW Autodrive for my press to keep up
I am a cheap skate. I got a Lee LoadMaster 10mm. It was around $200 with all the trimmings. The design has a lot of negative reviews on primer feeding aspect of it. Read all the complaints, diagnose the basic flaw, then fixed it. I just polished the heck out of it, primer feeding tracks and all levers. It works beautifully for me, pumping out some 400+ rounds an hour. The only annoying part is that I had the stop to supply more primers or cases. 400 lever pulls = 400 rounds.

I guess I can go faster if I buy more primer dispensers and preload them.

It's good enough for the MechTech CCU.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16   #66
gofastman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
I am a cheap skate. I got a Lee LoadMaster 10mm. It was around $200 with all the trimmings. The design has a lot of negative reviews on primer feeding aspect of it. Read all the complaints, diagnose the basic flaw, then fixed it. I just polished the heck out of it, primer feeding tracks and all levers. It works beautifully for me, pumping out some 400+ rounds an hour. The only annoying part is that I had the stop to supply more primers or cases. 400 lever pulls = 400 rounds.

I guess I can go faster if I buy more primer dispensers and preload them.

It's good enough for the MechTech CCU.
Who wants good enough?
The Hornady AP LNL press I have now is "good enough"
Im young, single and have money to burn dammit!
(kidding)

Also, I just wanted to post a video of the awesomeness

Last edited by gofastman; 05-11-2013 at 09:19..
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57   #67
ctious

The 10 Ring
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59   #68
ctious

The 10 Ring
Old 05-11-2013, 10:00   #69
ctious

The 10 Ring
Old 05-11-2013, 10:02   #70
ctious

The 10 Ring
Old 05-11-2013, 15:03   #71
ModGlock17

Thx, ctious. I did take a bit more depth into the block than you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44   #72
gofastman

I cant wait to load up some 125gr Tac XP bullets and see how fast I can get them going!
I wonder if 2000fps is possible with that LOOONG bullet
Old 05-12-2013, 20:56   #73
ctious

I would bet 2000 is able to be hit. If I an get 180 to about 1800 a 125 should do it no prob even with the length.

Side note from today. I was shooting a few of new loads and I did them with a med crimp. Big mistake. I set back 6 in a row enough that the case mouth was exposed. Only use firm heavy crimp with the mech tech.

Last edited by ctious; 05-12-2013 at 20:57..
Old 05-13-2013, 18:42   #74
ctious

So I have a new improvment to add to the block. Get some thin rubber. Uses weather strip adhesive. Glue it to the underside of the block that sets on the locking block in the glock. Only needs to be thin. It holds the block tight against the barrel in the ccu. Makes it even feed better. Very smooth. Very simple and the magnetic block still sticks from the magnet. And holds a little extra from the rubber. Will have to post pics.

Testing it I put paper under the block to raise it up a lil. Just to test. Was way impressed. Then filled it with jb weld. Thin layer. Worked well. Then I did the extra block I have with the rubber and really liked that. When you slide the frame on u will feel the block slide against the barrel for a super tight feed ramp fit.

Last edited by ctious; 05-13-2013 at 18:43..
Old 05-13-2013, 19:07   #75
Tazz10m
Mod Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctious View Post
So I have a new improvment to add to the block. Get some thin rubber. Uses weather strip adhesive. Glue it to the underside of the block that sets on the locking block in the glock. Only needs to be thin. It holds the block tight against the barrel in the ccu. Makes it even feed better. Very smooth. Very simple and the magnetic block still sticks from the magnet. And holds a little extra from the rubber. Will have to post pics.

Testing it I put paper under the block to raise it up a lil. Just to test. Was way impressed. Then filled it with jb weld. Thin layer. Worked well. Then I did the extra block I have with the rubber and really liked that. When you slide the frame on u will feel the block slide against the barrel for a super tight feed ramp fit.

A "new improvement" for yours. If you read my post a ways back, you'll notice that i used basically the same adhesive on mine... except i did it about 10 years ago............ or so.....

Find out what all the fuzz is about... seriously... get AGrip!

Brooks W. Speier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Official AGripô Manufacturer Website

AGripô Installation Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Never let anyone who is clueless about defense tell you what you can and can't do to protect yourself and others.

Μολὼν λαβέ!
Tazz10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 19:14   #76
ctious

Quote:
Originally Posted by T***10m View Post
A "new improvement" for yours. If you read my post a ways back, you'll notice that i used basically the same adhesive on mine... except i did it about 10 years ago............ or so.....
Lol. Well I did not see that. I have not done any searches on the ccu on here.

I did not use the adhesive to make it stick. I used the adhesive to glue the rubber into place that I used to raise up the block a little. Making it a tighter fit to the feed ramp on the barrel of the ccu.

Last edited by ctious; 05-13-2013 at 19:19..
Old 05-13-2013, 19:34   #77
ctious

A nice tight fit The 10 Ring
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58   #78
Bongo Boy

That looks perfect. Now, if they'd just offer a one-piece replacement part for the entire locking block/ramp...

I've got mine ordered...I need one like I need a TV in the bathroom, but it clearly pegs the fun meter and I guess I need another way to cover the floor in spent brass.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 05-30-2013 at 20:16..
Bongo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41   #79
ctious

I shot about 100 cast yesterday. I did find that cast shoots tighter than the hornady hap bullets. At 100 yards I was getting 2in groups with the hap. It was kinda windy. And just a hair over an inch with the cast.

I am sure load amounts might contribute to it. But the cast load is a winner.

Cleaned the barrel after and did not get any lead coming out. Cast was clean. These were sized at .402.
Old 05-30-2013, 15:05   #80
Bongo Boy

Are these still the 205gr bullets you're shooting--what's the mold? That's mighty impressive!

Last edited by Bongo Boy; 05-30-2013 at 20:16..
Bongo Boy is offline   Reply With Quote