Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-15-2013, 22:04   #51
Mrs. VR
Administrator

My parents ARE wonderful. Mom and I didn't always get along so great when I was a kid/teen, but since I married and left home we beyond repaired our relationship and have been extremely close. I will have no regrets as far as my relationship with her. Others in my family might have a tougher time with that.

Been going through sooooooo many old pictures to make sure we can name the people in them. It's fascinating but exhausting as hell. My days/nights are all screwy right now, I'm going to need to readjust that soon.

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 20:41   #52
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Tomorrow is big day at Hopkins. She has to do a LOT of tests to make sure they will accept her into the trial. To say we are anxious would be the worlds greatest understatement.

90/9/1

Old 04-16-2013, 23:07   #53
Diesel_Bomber

It's OK to feel run-over. Seriously, it is. Things are NOT normal, there is no reason they should feel that way.

Be comfortable with your discomfort, and let time do it's thing.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:46   #54
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Thanks for all the wise words. Off to Hopkins. IF I. An figure out an easy way to get into gt through wifi, ill be on most of the day trying to catch up stuff I've missed. If not, ill be on very slowly from my phone.

90/9/1

Old 04-17-2013, 04:58   #55
RussP

Just take care of yourself, please... Wish I could be there to give you a hug!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52   #56
Mrs. VR
Administrator

I sat through a bone marrow biopsy and I DID NOT FAINT!! Yay me! We've been through tons of tests, tons more to go and prob a transfusion ( 4 hours once they start). Thankful for plugs. VERY thankful for my phone. Very NOT grateful for Hopkins wifi which blocks almost every site known to man so I'm doing gt on a tiny screen and giving myself a blinding freaking headache.

So far, nothing that indicates they won't take her, keep the good thoughts coming!!!

90/9/1

Old 04-17-2013, 11:58   #57
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

Sending more prayers your way Mrs. VR...
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 14:04   #58
gigab1te

My prayers to you and your mom. Don't let this wear you or her out emotionally (I know that's easier said then done).
gigab1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 14:20   #59
Mrs. VR
Administrator

This is the day that never ennnnndds. Good grief. We may get home by bedtime. Maybe.

90/9/1

Old 04-17-2013, 15:29   #60
OldSchool64
Platinum Membership

Good thoughts are still coming!!
Glad to see you're hanging in there!!
Old 04-17-2013, 17:10   #61
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
This is the day that never ennnnndds. Good grief. We may get home by bedtime. Maybe.
And hopefully with good news by then.

I remember what Jeff (23skidoo) used to always wish for me, and I think it fits here, too. "The sleep of the just" for you, also.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 17:24   #62
Mrs. VR
Administrator

Thanks. Finally getting out. Will know tomorrow if she's in the study. Praying very hard.

90/9/1

Old 04-17-2013, 17:25   #63
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Thanks. Finally getting out. Will know tomorrow if she's in the study. Praying very hard.
Praying with you. Glad you don't mind that they're Catholic prayers.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 19:00   #64
mr00jimbo

I try to be close to everybody and I save memories like crazy. I don't know what to say, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. If you need somebody to talk to or somebody who'll just listen if need be, PM me.
Old 04-17-2013, 19:02   #65
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

Still praying and sending juju, mojo, and whatever else I can muster.

Just remember, no matter how hard, how trying this can/is/will be, you MUST take care of you, too. You are never alone.
Old 04-18-2013, 14:02   #66
Mrs. VR
Administrator

She got in!!!!!! We don't know which arm, but she is being admitted tomorrow for a month. I'm going to be splitting my time between there and home. Ill be on here as much as I can, but please be patient.

We know its not going to be easy, but this is her best chance at even a brief remission, and she is simply not ready to die yet.

90/9/1

Old 04-18-2013, 14:21   #67
Foxterriermom

Great news!!!
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 14:30   #68
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

So happy for you!
Old 04-18-2013, 15:07   #69
Mrs. VR
Administrator

I'm now totally overwhelmed by how the heck we are going to manage to always have one of us with her, but it's just gonna have to work itself out. Emily and I both started haing sore throats today, and I'm praying hard that it's just pollen related and we haven't made her sicker.

90/9/1

Old 04-18-2013, 15:10   #70
deputy tom

More prayers sent. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 15:52   #71
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
I'm now totally overwhelmed by how the heck we are going to manage to always have one of us with her,
of course you are. you're human. and what you're doing is monumentous. but, know this. there are a lot of people praying for you and yours, and have big waterproof shoulders when you need them. you need to vent, we will listen. in it's own distant, and at times dysfunctional way, this is an etexnded family that will be here for you as much as we can.

safe to say, i speak for the group( i think)
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 16:20   #72
69HEMI-R/T

Hello Mrs. VR:

This is one of the things that getting older for most of us and end up having to deal with, no one tells you beforehand how hard it can be for you!

Taking care of the needs of an elderly and very ill parent is so full of conflict for you, it just overwhelms most of us. My youngest and most irresponsible sister took care of my elderly Mother right up til the end (she died at 91 at home, in her own bed) and for that, I will be eternally grateful. This was in 2006 and it has been a real reality check since for my sister and her family.

I lost my Father to cancer when I was 10 in 1957 and I was the oldest of 4 kids. My Mother had lost her own Mother just 5 months earlier when my Father died and had a girl (my youngest sister) at home just 17 months old. I can only imagine the things my Mother went thru at that time but she never waivered in taking care of us brats!

I have lost and actually been bedside of 3 uncles that died in the hospital and each one was a test of my mettle, I'll tell you.

I hope only the best for you, your family and your Mother. I and my wife will definitely include you and yours in our prayers!
Old 04-18-2013, 16:45   #73
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Quote:
I'm now totally overwhelmed by how the heck we are going to manage to always have one of us with her, but it's just gonna have to work itself out.
I'm trying to remember how we handled that aspect my parents. For several years, either one or the other was inpatient... sometimes it came down to having kiddo (then early elementary school age) supervise my Parky father while I was w/my Mom @ the hospital for days at a time. Other times I had to 'parent by phone' and kiddo was on his own at home far more than he ever would have been otherwise. Looking back, timespan covers a big chunk of years and it all kind of blurry-bends together in my head.

I don't know if the ph number I have for you is still applicable since you guys moved. In any event, I've got real strong gut feeling we need a little bit of voice time.
:::meggahugs::::
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 17:14   #74
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

That's good news Sharon.
You do what you got to do. There are others that can pick up slack if needed.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 22:05   #75
Mrs. VR
Administrator

First and foremost-I am so grateful for every single kind word and thought from each of you. Every time I check in here, I can't make it through dry eyed, but it makes me feel lifted up.

I lost it multiple times today for no good reason. I'd just be talking to someone and whamm! Again, I think Its the sheer scope of scheduling we are trying to do that's making me even more anxious. I absolutely need to be there with mom as much as possible, and at the same time I have three kds ( 4 if you count jay), a house, 2 dogs, my OWN weird health stuff ( supposed to start remicade Thursday, but because now we suspect there is a pulmonary fungus amungus, I have to do a ct first, with WHAT FREAKING TIME?!). I was supposed to get my crown on tues but dad was hoping to work a few hours onntuesday, so I'm trying to arrange the universe just so and it's not HELPING!!!

If VR finds this he might be surprised that I'm consumed by guilt for leaving him and the kids to fend for themselves, which is why I've been having fits about getting/keeping the house clean so it's ok for visitors and so they don't get caught under more than they can dig out of.

There goes the babbling again. Thanks to each of you. Can't tell you how grateful I really am.

Mel,,same numbers, but I'm on a very screwy schedule. Best bet is cell around 1in the afternoon. Ish.

90/9/1