GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 21:56   #21
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 92,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
Looks like it was hit with a light saber.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 15:06   #22
Haldor
Retired EE
 
Haldor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Arizona
Posts: 6,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
and all those here who recommended Hi-Point as a viable defensive handgun.

General Firearms Forum
You mean like these?

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Exactly what point does showing a pic of a broken gun prove? Anything can break.
__________________
Quote:
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 21:31   #23
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 27,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
You mean like these?

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

Exactly what point does showing a pic of a broken gun prove? Anything can break.
Even the mighty Desert Eagle:

General Firearms Forum
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 21:45   #24
r3dot
Senior Member
 
r3dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Izzerwat
Posts: 2,866
Trolling OP is bad at trolling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 22:06   #25
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Saw this and thought about GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
and all those here who recommended Hi-Point as a viable defensive handgun.

General Firearms Forum
Funny, it made me think of your posts.

Last edited by countrygun; 04-14-2013 at 22:07..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33   #26
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Thank you gentlemen.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08   #27
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 57,300


Back in 1987, I saw a SW M686 snubbie with the top strap blown out and the cylinder was in halves.

Of course this happened before the age of the intrawebz and digital cameras, so I don't have any proof to show. I hope that's OK.
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 04-15-2013 at 08:18..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42   #28
oily_oink
###########
 
oily_oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,670
Kaboom's happen to the best of 'em!

General Firearms Forum
General Firearms Forum
__________________
1\* ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
BRC # OILYx556
oily_oink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 16:07   #29
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member
 
PEC-Memphis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Doh ?
Posts: 4,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?
And....

I've seen G17 slides crack, a G17 frame crack, various model breachface cracks and failed Glock compound recoil springs.
__________________
To all members of our Armed Forces - past, present and future - thank you for your service to our country.
PEC-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 22:37   #30
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Saw another Hi-Point choke to death today. That makes 4 for 4. Must be a coincidence.

I understand not everyone believes they can afford to purchase a quality defensive handgun. I however strongly disagree. With a little perceived sacrifice over 1-2 months could easily be the difference. Stop splurging on things you think you need. McDs, cigs, chew, that extra pair of shoes, all those extra firearms, etc. There's a saying "fear the man with one firearm" for a reason.

People, cheap should never be a deciding factor when choosing a defensive firearm.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 22:52   #31
JimBean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
A little J-B Weld, some duct tape, and one of those schticky thingies--to clean the shrapnel out of the shooter's face and eyeballs--and it's good to go!
This is assuming the shooter is not dead from the unfortunate event.
JimBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 20:02   #32
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®
 
Angry Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LOZ
Posts: 27,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBean View Post
This is assuming the shooter is not dead from the unfortunate event.
I have wondered if a KB ever killed a shooter.
__________________
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 20:50   #33
Wyoming
Senior Member
 
Wyoming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
don't break his heart by telling him about Glock Ka-booms, best he doesn't know.

Didn't Ruger redhawks blow a few barrels off?

I heard some S&W's had problems. Didn't some model 19 forcing cones crack?
Well actually not the forcing cone but I did cracked a S&W Model 19 frame just beneath the barrel. It is very thin there so weakest point. This was back in the 1970's and S&W fixed it. Well they replaced the frame.

S&W brought out their L frame and stopped making K frame in 357 magnum. Today K frame 357 magnum, Model 19, 66, 13 and 65 bring a very good price in Gun Broker.

So take very good care of yours Countrygun and your estate will appreciate the resale value.
__________________
Wyoming
Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:20   #34
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 92,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
Well actually not the forcing cone but I did cracked a S&W Model 19 frame just beneath the barrel. It is very thin there so weakest point. This was back in the 1970's and S&W fixed it. Well they replaced the frame.

S&W brought out their L frame and stopped making K frame in 357 magnum. Today K frame 357 magnum, Model 19, 66, 13 and 65 bring a very good price in Gun Broker.

So take very good care of yours Countrygun and your estate will appreciate the resale value.
I've always loved the k frame 357s.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24   #35
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
Well actually not the forcing cone but I did cracked a S&W Model 19 frame just beneath the barrel. It is very thin there so weakest point. This was back in the 1970's and S&W fixed it. Well they replaced the frame.

S&W brought out their L frame and stopped making K frame in 357 magnum. Today K frame 357 magnum, Model 19, 66, 13 and 65 bring a very good price in Gun Broker.

So take very good care of yours Countrygun and your estate will appreciate the resale value.
I was smart enough to put a couple back for a rainy day. But I enjoy having the 3"65 so much that I actually considered committing an atrocity and having it engraved, as a BBQ gun, and putting fancy grips on it "carved" holster. Then I came to my senses and realized that I live in Oregon and nobody knows how to throw a real BBQ in these parts anyway. It would be kind of "All dressed up and no place to go" .
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 13:33   #36
Wyoming
Senior Member
 
Wyoming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I was smart enough to put a couple back for a rainy day. But I enjoy having the 3"65 so much that I actually considered committing an atrocity and having it engraved, as a BBQ gun, and putting fancy grips on it "carved" holster. Then I came to my senses and realized that I live in Oregon and nobody knows how to throw a real BBQ in these parts anyway. It would be kind of "All dressed up and no place to go" .
You should have it engraved and get fancy holster. Life is too short and you can't take it with you. If you do I will have a BBQ. My wife makes the best baby back ribs in Wyoming. She is too modest to say that but I do. Nobody argues after eating hers. We have a block party ever fall and the neighbors look forward to them.

Now I don't have a fancy leather gun belt but I do have a Kimber Grand Raptor II and my mostly carry gun is a Kimber Carry Pro. The commander version of the Grand Raptor II.

Make you a deal. If you do get all gussy up I will gussy up my leather gear. Then we wait for invite from other GT from Texas and maybe they will show up a proper BBQ. Until then Wyoming BBQ offer always good if your are ever coming through Wyoming.
__________________
Wyoming
Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 13:55   #37
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
You should have it engraved and get fancy holster. Life is too short and you can't take it with you. If you do I will have a BBQ. My wife makes the best baby back ribs in Wyoming. She is too modest to say that but I do. Nobody argues after eating hers. We have a block party ever fall and the neighbors look forward to them.

Now I don't have a fancy leather gun belt but I do have a Kimber Grand Raptor II and my mostly carry gun is a Kimber Carry Pro. The commander version of the Grand Raptor II.

Make you a deal. If you do get all gussy up I will gussy up my leather gear. Then we wait for invite from other GT from Texas and maybe they will show up a proper BBQ. Until then Wyoming BBQ offer always good if your are ever coming through Wyoming.
I've travelled to almost every State west of the Mississippi and most south of the Mason/Dixon, and I'd love to do it again.

I am thinking of mammoth ivory grips, an El Paso carved "Tom Threepersons" type rig and about 80% coverage on the gun. OR the same thing on my old Kimber Compact stainless.

Something like this for the holster (It's one of the last "carved' holsters to come out of the old Geo. Lawrence company)

General Firearms Forum
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:02   #38
Wyoming
Senior Member
 
Wyoming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Posts: 2,046
Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I've travelled to almost every State west of the Mississippi and most south of the Mason/Dixon, and I'd love to do it again.

I am thinking of mammoth ivory grips, an El Paso carved "Tom Threepersons" type rig and about 80% coverage on the gun. OR the same thing on my old Kimber Compact stainless.

Something like this for the holster (It's one of the last "carved' holsters to come out of the old Geo. Lawrence company)

General Firearms Forum
El Paso long time classic look. I have two Lawrence holsters for Ruger Blackhawk. The holsters still fit the six guns but the gun belt shrunk. I had a 28" waist then and didn't plan gaining weight!

For pretty leather I like the looks of Tucker Gun Leather.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newhomeimage2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	232854
__________________
Wyoming
Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 16:51   #39
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
I will say one thing, at least the owner of this handgun actually shot it.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 22:56   #40
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,448
Nothing wrong with good ole high point, they sure are not pretty though.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 698
198 Members
500 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31