SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 00:08   #1
DaveG

Zimmerman Riots

So, I know a lot of you don't use Twitter, but you don't need an account to go to twitter.com/search and then enter zimmerman+riot. Then if you filter search by "all", you will see what folks are talking about.

There are literally thousands of posts anywhere from 15 minutes old to much older from just the people with accounts.... talking about starting riots.

Check out the search... and see for yourself. Last night, 17 people were shot in Saint Louis... and that was just a normal night. I think the Zimmerman trial could be an excuse for a lot of folks to act foolishly.

Last edited by DaveG; 06-12-2013 at 00:10..
Old 06-12-2013, 00:24   #2
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Dave,you in FLA,It may result in riots.I believe he acted lawfully,if/when he gets acquitted there may well be riots/s.Sad but true,I growed up down there and have family/west coast.

The state has had radical change since then,I don't recognize it anymore.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:04   #3
Aceman

That is just freaking sad.

I think Zimmerman is a dumb@$$ cop wannabe neighborhood SWAT Ninja with no good sense. I don't WANT him carrying in my neighborhood, town, county, state or anywhere else.

The kid was a dumb@$$ punk gangsta wanna be with more balls than brains. I don't want him wandering around my neighborhood, town, county, city either.

But at the end of the day - if you riot because of this, you are sad and pathetic and tragic and deserve all of the sorrow and pain this world brings to you. And verdict day might not be a bad day to hang in and load a few mags....

JIC
Old 06-12-2013, 08:14   #4
random southpaw

I anticipated this possible outcome and bought ammo and set it aside, just in case.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21   #5
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

If `they` (original OJ trial type mind-set) caint get their way...they will start it.....let them and see where it gets them... just get it over with...no need worrying about it...
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21   #6
soflasmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman View Post

I think Zimmerman is a dumb@$$ cop wannabe neighborhood SWAT Ninja with no good sense. I don't WANT him carrying in my neighborhood, town, county, state or anywhere else.

JIC
Do you know him well or did you form your opinion based on what you read?

If the latter, why not cut the jibber jabber and mindless gum flapping and mind your knitting.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:

The kid was a dumb@$$ punk gangsta wanna be with more balls than brains. I don't want him wandering around my neighborhood, town, county, city either.

But at the end of the day - if you riot because of this, you are sad and pathetic and tragic and deserve all of the sorrow and pain this world brings to you. And verdict day might not be a bad day to hang in and load a few mags....

JIC
Couldn't agree more.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:02   #8
bdcochran

hand wringing

Riots are nothing new. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_Riot

A trial is not only an excuse for a riot, it is also an excuse for people to puff out their chests so that they can: 1. express an opinion as to how others can substantially hurt rioters; or, 2. to express an opinion as to guilt or innocence of a person on trial without spending the necessary time to receive and evaluate all of the facts.

If you believe that you will live a normal lifetime in the United States and not be potentially exposed to a riot, you are probably dreaming.

If you are a member of this forum, most probably don't get drunk and walk dark streets at 2 am in the bad side of town. They also will probably take a low profile and carefully review their own, personal plans for the time just after the verdict is in after this trial (and there will be many more such trials in one's lifetime).

If you want to get bent out of shape because some rapper/aspiring politician/paid news commentator/community leader/self anointed minister/psychologist/movie star/police chief with a $150 hair job (yeah we have one in a local community) reads the same crystal ball and gets press time/votes by making statements, go ahead. I will be doing my daily workout at the YMCA and not get bent out of shape.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26   #9
Aceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflasmg View Post
Do you know him well or did you form your opinion based on what you read?

If the latter, why not cut the jibber jabber and mindless gum flapping and mind your knitting.
All media. But regardless, it is absolutely clear he had a lot of options short of pull the gun.

That said, at the point of confrontation, the kid messed up.

This is in all honestly, a situation where BOTH parties are to blame.

And it's my opinion, and in 'Murika and I'm allowed to have it. And you don't have to agree.

It appears you think he is completely innocent....and that's your opinion. Or if not, inform us.

Back to the topic at hand - yes. It is an obvious threat that riots and racially motivated violence are a possibility IMO.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:19   #10
JuneyBooney

Quote:
All media. But regardless, it is absolutely clear he had a lot of options short of pull the gun.

That said, at the point of confrontation, the kid messed up.

This is in all honestly, a situation where BOTH parties are to blame.

And it's my opinion, and in 'Murika and I'm allowed to have it. And you don't have to agree.

It appears you think he is completely innocent....and that's your opinion. Or if not, inform us.

Back to the topic at hand - yes. It is an obvious threat that riots and racially motivated violence are a possibility IMO.
Martin was a thug and deserved what he got. Zimmerman was told to not follow because he may get hurt which is a standard response by leo. I think that if Zimmerman was truly "white" and older he may have not been bothered because he may have just asked what Martin was doing but when a thug is involved all bets are off. Do I expect riots..yes..so load the guns and get ready to clean house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 06-12-2013, 10:50   #11
Deputydave

After he was arrested, Spike Lee tweeted out his home address, which turned out to be the wrong address. He did this of course to start violence. Many people got all worked up and threatened violence without really knowing the facts. Of course all of these people by now have learned from their mistakes and if the evidence demonstrates he is innocent I'm sure they'll fully accept the verdict and realize our system of jury by peers based upon facts works well.

Oh...and we're all getting a pony for Christmas

Old 06-12-2013, 10:54   #12
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

What color pony????

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36   #13
Wake_jumper

It doesn't take much to incite a riot these days.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40   #14
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

there wont be any riots because descent folks wont trash the town when zimmerman is found guilty, they will complain but not destroy anything. now, should be found not guilty there will be riots because we are talking about a different breed of people.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 06-12-2013, 14:11   #15
cowboy1964

I'm sure Eric Holder and the DOJ will jump on anyone threatening terrorist actions (aka riots).

Well, maybe not.
Old 06-12-2013, 14:22   #16
WT

Z is innocent. He should NEVER be allowed to carry a gun again.

I watched the videos of him going over the scene with detectives. Stone cold. The guy scares me.
Old 06-12-2013, 14:27   #17
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post

I watched the videos of him going over the scene with detectives. Stone cold. The guy scares me.
People in shock can seem stone cold, you know....

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
Old 06-12-2013, 14:31   #18
quake

Quote:
Z is innocent. He should NEVER be allowed to carry a gun again...
I'm curious how those two statements jive. If you believe he's done nothing illegal, what's the legal justification for taking away his rights?

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
Old 06-12-2013, 14:56   #19
DeLo

Quote:

What?? Innocent. But you can only defend your life once?
Old 06-12-2013, 16:16   #20
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
What color pony????
Well if I say black...I'm a racist

If I say white...I'm a racist.

How about beige? A color you can't really tell if the horse is Hispanic, a light skinned black or a white guy with a tan?

Closed Thread