Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-14-2013, 14:01   #501
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
They set him up with an opponent that couldn't win.

Thus Obama couldn't lose.

Obama's small change is the deadly enemy of real change.

Thus, the status quo is protected.

Protection of the status quo means the Kochs win.

And.......we lose.

You really haven't figured that out?

There wasn't a candidate in the race that wasn't status quo.

Wait, what? Obama's "small change"? WTF? The communist revolution is well underway. Is it just not fast enough for you?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 14:08   #502
Z71bill

Many people have a hard time seeing things from any perspective except what benefits them.

If something gives them cash it is good -

They then rationalize that they like it - not because it benefits them - but because it is fair and helps the economy - or they earned it (sort of really) or they worked hard their whole life or the people that they are taking the money from are greedy mean people that don't deserve it anyway - whatever it takes to make them feel good.

Last edited by Z71bill; 04-14-2013 at 14:58..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 17:56   #503
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Who are the rich? Try the Kochs, the Waltons, the Mars family, Trump, Hamm, Kaiser, etc. You know those names? You should.
Wanna meet some of the "rich"?

I am not sure how I am getting bent over?

I have a very good friend who you would probably put in your "rich" category. He has never really bent me over. I mean he does things like when I fly into Gevena gives me the valet ticket number and arranges that they give me one of his cars. He always has a couple cars at the airport.

I am failing to see how I am getting bent over?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Last edited by DanaT; 04-14-2013 at 17:56..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 18:00   #504
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:

Yeah, when we all become multi-billionaires.
Working on it...

What I have learned is that you surround yourself with what you want to become.

You want to be a good football player? Surround yourself with them. Want to be a good lawyer? Surround yourself with them.

So I will ask you...there are only two possible answers...

Are you where you are because you are too incompetent to do better or

Are you competent enough to do better but are too lazy to do it?

I just wonder which one you are?
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 04-14-2013, 23:55   #505
moeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Except that private insurance subsidizes money lost by non-paying patients such as medicare and medicaid.
OK, this has turned this thread into mental ************.

I've been in the medical field since '85 and understand reimbursement and can tell you .gov bails out private payers not the other way around.

You and others (Certified et al) can troll all you want about false info or calling .gov evil...

Challenge: have the balls to state what county has a more fair program for retirement. Either they provide a TON more for elderly (most the first world) or let elderly citizens live in dire straits (most 3RD world).

Please enlighten us w/ examples of countries that are MORE eqiutable or get off of your shallow mental mastabation.

Several times in this thread, I asked for ONE country that is more eqiutable and the responses from posters (like politicians) don't give any answer.

The bottom line is to the question of is SS viable is as sophmoric as asking if our military spending sustainable...Since we spend multiples of out GNP above ANY other country.

So what country is more fair? don't be another puss and answer the question>>>

Last edited by moeman; 04-14-2013 at 23:57..
moeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 00:28   #506
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
OK, this has turned this thread into mental ************.

I've been in the medical field since '85 and understand reimbursement and can tell you .gov bails out private payers not the other way around.

You and others (Certified et al) can troll all you want about false info or calling .gov evil...

Challenge: have the balls to state what county has a more fair program for retirement. Either they provide a TON more for elderly (most the first world) or let elderly citizens live in dire straits (most 3RD world).

Please enlighten us w/ examples of countries that are MORE eqiutable or get off of your shallow mental mastabation.

Several times in this thread, I asked for ONE country that is more eqiutable and the responses from posters (like politicians) don't give any answer.

The bottom line is to the question of is SS viable is as sophmoric as asking if our military spending sustainable...Since we spend multiples of out GNP above ANY other country.

So what country is more fair? don't be another puss and answer the question>>>
More "fair" program for retirement? Fair for whom?

Speaking of spending, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the DOD are 100% of all federal revenues from all sources. EVERYTHING else is deficit spending.

The rest of the first world, is facing similar problems, because of entitlement programs.

So the answer to your question is none, and that's a very sad fact.

Medical service is not a right, and retirement is not a right.

Providing subsidized medical coverage causes prices to inflate, much in the same fashion government backed grants increase the costs for education.

Providing "retirement" money, causes the people to be dependent on that money, and they are less likely to prepare for their own retirement. How many times have you heard "At least there is social security"?

Don't take out the social security tax, and the people will have that money to save for retirement, where they can invest it and have more then they would with social security.

The math is simple, the entitlements have to go. Without ridding ourselves of the entitlements, we will continue to deficit spend our dollar until devaluation catches up and makes it worthless.

Everyone wants their check, grand children be damned. Its selfish, and disgusting.

Stop stealing from your grandchildren and become part of the solution.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:52   #507
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
More "fair" program for retirement? Fair for whom?
someone who gets it....even on a "conservative" website.

But let me explain what "fair" means to 99.999999999999999%o of the people, even on a conservative website....

Fair =I take more than that I pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post

The rest of the first world, is facing similar problems, because of entitlement programs.

So the answer to your question is none, and that's a very sad fact.

Medical service is not a right, and retirement is not a right.

Providing subsidized medical coverage causes prices to inflate, much in the same fashion government backed grants increase the costs for education.

Providing "retirement" money, causes the people to be dependent on that money, and they are less likely to prepare for their own retirement. How many times have you heard "At least there is social security"?
Well, thieves are thieves and once they can morally justify why they are thy are thieves, these people no longer think they are thieves. They are like pedophiles. Once they get other people to believe pedophilia is acceptable, they are normal.

So, thieves, pedophiles, homosexuals, etc, how is society doing whit you new found accceptance?

Don't take out the social security tax, and the people will have that money to save for retirement, where they can invest it and have more then they would with social security.

The math is simple, the entitlements have to go. Without ridding ourselves of the entitlements, we will continue to deficit spend our dollar until devaluation catches up and makes it worthless.

Everyone wants their check, grand children be damned. Its selfish, and disgusting.

Stop stealing from your grandchildren and become part of the solution.[/QUOTE]
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33   #508
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Don't take out the SS tax and the government won't have it available to steal.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote