GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50   #251
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by billn View Post
SS keeps many seniors out of state supported nursing homes. Some nursing homes are 40,000-70,000 depending on the state and location. It is cheaper on the taxpayers to keep seniors at home if possible.
I'm gonna hazard a guess that you don't work in any profession that requires the application of systematic logic..

You aren't in medicine, science, or engineering, you aren't a software engineer.

Am I right?
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 04-11-2013 at 08:26..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03   #252
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Good


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Do you think the military are over paid?
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05   #253
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Do you think the military are over paid?
Possibly. Is the military struggling to fill recruitment quotas? If not, possibly overpaid.

I don't have that data in front of me.

What I do know is that we can't afford this DOD, SS and Medicare.

Whatcha wanna cut? (I know it's a hypothetical since you feed off of all 3)


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 04-11-2013 at 08:07..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08   #254
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Possibly. Is the military struggling to fill recruitment quotas? If not, possibly overpaid.

I don't have that data in front of me.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Not asking for data, want your gut feeling, you seem to have an anti military attitude. I know from your posts you do not believe in the military retirement system, so what are your feelings about the military pay system and retirement benefits?
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09   #255
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Not asking for data, want your gut feeling, you seem to have an anti military attitude. I know from your posts you do not believe in the military retirement system, so what are your feelings about the military pay system and retirement benefits?
My answer depends on the data. This is math. Not feelings.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10   #256
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
My answer depends on the data. This is math. Not feelings.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ah yes the easy way out,
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Last edited by m51; 04-11-2013 at 08:11..
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:11   #257
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Ah yes the easy way out, like your service to the country.
A guy like you probably knows the answer. Answer it and ill answer you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14   #258
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Ah yes the easy way out,
If there is no problem meeting recruitment goal, probably overpaid.

No problem retaining quality senior officers and enlisted, probably too generous.

So I'll ask you again: given that SS, Medicare and DOD consume all federal revenue which would you like to cut?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14   #259
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
A guy like you probably knows the answer. Answer it and ill answer you.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Here you go back into your childish mode, it don't work on myself and other adults. You should have stayed over in the PI dept, you had 99% allies there.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15   #260
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Here you go back into your childish mode, it don't work on myself and other adults. You should have stayed over in the PI dept, you had 99% allies there.
Says the guy who's entire existence is taxpayer funded. Lol

My answer is conditional. It's very simple


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19   #261
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Ah yes the easy way out,
Do you believe that every citizen is obligated to spend time in the military or something? How do you pay for that?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:21   #262
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Here you go back into your childish mode, it don't work on myself and other adults. You should have stayed over in the PI dept, you had 99% allies there.
So predictable how upset people get when their teat is threatened.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:23   #263
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Says the guy who's entire existence is taxpayer funded. Lol

My answer is conditional. It's very simple


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I will have you know my pension is only a very small part of my yearly income. I knew how to prepare for my future. I am very proud of my career and am not afraid to tell someone such as you about my pension. It really comes down to jealousy on your part, and the other obvious reason, is what you like to call conditional.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:24   #264
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
So predictable how upset people get when their teat is threatened.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Waiting for the obvious CF last word,, well??
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25   #265
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
I will have you know my pension is only a very small part of my yearly income. I knew how to prepare for my future. I am very proud of my career and am not afraid to tell someone such as you about my pension. It really comes down to jealousy on your part, and the other obvious reason, is what you like to call conditional.
I don't know anything about your career.

So which would you like to cut? SS, MC or DOD. Can't afford all 3.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26   #266
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Waiting for the obvious CF last word,, well??
Yet you're still posting too


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:28   #267
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I don't know anything about your career.

So which would you like to cut? SS, MC or DOD. Can't afford all 3.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I would say revamping all 3, I never said we should not restructure the entire system. Just don't cut them all completely, are you that off in your thinking?
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:34   #268
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
I would say revamping all 3, I never said we should not restructure the entire system. Just don't cut them all completely, are you that off in your thinking?
Dump SS and Medicaid, yes.



DOD spending needs some serious attention and reform, no doubt about it. This I have seen with my own eyes.



.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36   #269
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
I would say revamping all 3, I never said we should not restructure the entire system. Just don't cut them all completely, are you that off in your thinking?
Nice non answer.

Which budgets would you reduce and by how much?

Better?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38   #270
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Dump SS and Medicaid, yes.



DOD spending needs some serious attention and reform, no doubt about it. This I have seen with my own eyes.



.
Dumping SS and Medicaid is the exact thinking that has gotten the republican party in second place so many times of late. We need more rational thinking to win more elections
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40   #271
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Dumping SS and Medicaid is the exact thinking that has gotten the republican party in second place so many times of late. We need more rational thinking to win more elections
You mean Republicans need to support socialism to win elections?




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40   #272
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Nice non answer.

Which budgets would you reduce and by how much?

Better?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You expect an answer to that question in 30,000 words or less? You are a real tool, not taking your bait.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:41   #273
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
You expect an answer to that question in 30,000 words or less? You are a real tool, not taking your bait.

You seem to be the self-appointed expert here, so why not?

We have time to read all 30,000 words. I mean, we had time reading all 30,000 posts you put into this thread, right?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45   #274
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You mean Republicans need to support socialism to win elections?




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You are the classic example of why the republican party is in trouble these days. Your thinking has hurt the republican brand. When will you learn? A few more lost elections? Not everyone in america lives below the Mason Dixon Line. I know you never will, but crawl out of your shell, it amazing whats out in the world.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47   #275
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
You expect an answer to that question in 30,000 words or less? You are a real tool, not taking your bait.
Why does it take more than 30,000 words?

You sound like a government employee


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 694
194 Members
500 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42