Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2013, 23:00   #1
Teecher45

Ruger SR1911 CMD or ...

Hi guys and gals, I recently purchased a Ruger CMD and I like it fine but in order to love it its gonna need a few things. It's passed the 250 round mark without a hiccup but the trigger and the accuracy leave a little to be desired. I put a little money back every month for guns/gun stuff and when I have saved enough should I ...

1) stand behind it and, fix the trigger, put NS on it, have all of the billboard crap taken off of it (except the Ruger eagle, I kind of like it), bobtail it, replace the grips with a set of thin VZ's (the stock grips are too wide for me), have the black parts replaced with SS (I don't care for the contrasting look), and get a quality leather holster.
2) get a Gen 4 G30 and carry it and shoot the Ruger on the range. I've had a G30 SF and regret selling it. Sometimes. A little.
3) keep the Ruger the way it is and when the money is right trade it for a Dan Wesson CCO, from what I understand it is set-up about the way I want a 1911 for CC.
4) keep it a little longer and step up to the Cobra Carry, T3, etc.
5) forget this crazy pistol stuff, it's only for CC (and range) anyway. Concentrate on the AR and AK stuff. Like, another Aimpoint for the AR. I have a micro on the AK.
6) something else...
I'm not saying the one with the most votes will decide my future actions, but my thinking is you may think of something I haven't. Feel free to ask questions. Thank you.

Last edited by Teecher45; 04-06-2013 at 23:22..
Teecher45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50   #2
WayneJessie

Well, the Ruger is priced as an entry -level 1911 so it's up to you if you want to customize it. Make sure you plan to keep it though. Alot of guys dump a ton of money customizing and then try to sell for what they have in it. It rarely works that way. I like the SR1911 and would probably keep it close to stock in looks but if the trigger needed help I would spend on that. Maybe a nicer set of wood grips. Maybe a better set of sights if I were going to carry it alot.
Old 04-07-2013, 18:32   #3
colin1230

Sell the Ruger to colin1230 and get a G30.
colin1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:07   #4
matt_lowry123

If you keep it, I'd just do the trigger and sights. I was out of town this weekend and couldn't pick mine up. Next weekend I'll pick it up and we can go shoot it.

The good news is, they still have a high premium if you wanted to sale it. You might even be able to trade up on something.

Joe Chambers worked over a ruger and made it look really good. I don't know what he'd charge to do that? 1600 or more, and a super long wait time. The bad thing is, once you do the mods, you're pretty much stuck with it.

I'd either keep it and do a trigger job. Or not do anything to it and sale it for a high price and sit on the money until you have enough for what you want.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:27   #5
Teecher45

Thanks guys. I'm stil mulling it over.
Matt, maybe if I get to shoot yours it will help me decide. Thanks...
Old 04-07-2013, 20:36   #6
Teecher45

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1230 View Post
Sell the Ruger to colin1230 and get a G30.
Hey Colin. I was saying keep it as is and add a G30. Sorry.
Old 04-07-2013, 20:38   #7
Teecher45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneJessie View Post
Well, the Ruger is priced as an entry -level 1911 so it's up to you if you want to customize it. Make sure you plan to keep it though. Alot of guys dump a ton of money customizing and then try to sell for what they have in it. It rarely works that way. I like the SR1911 and would probably keep it close to stock in looks but if the trigger needed help I would spend on that. Maybe a nicer set of wood grips. Maybe a better set of sights if I were going to carry it alot.
Thanks Wayne, good points.
Old 04-07-2013, 23:58   #8
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
step up to the Cobra Carry, T3, etc
This.
Old 04-18-2013, 18:19   #9
Teecher45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
This.
Thanks NEOH, I'm a little surprised you didn't mention H&K...