Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:27   #226
Ralff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolph da man View Post
I admire your strength.

if there is any good news to this its that he is in the best place he could be.
MD Anderson is the best of the best.
+1

Although I've never been, anyone I've spoken to about MD Anderson have nothing great things to say. I'm not much of the praying type, but your family will be in my thoughts.
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00   #227
lowflyer
Capitalist

Praying hard for you and your boy. I can't even imagine your anguish.
lowflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:02   #228
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I have a 13 year old son too and can't imagine hearing that. I will certaintly keep Caleb in my thoughts and prayers as well as keeping everyone who cares about him in my prayers too. God Bless you all and please, lean on us when you need extra support.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:22   #229
pattym

So sorry, Prayers will be sent.
pattym
pattym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:56   #230
Yankee2718

Prayers sent. If I may, what kind of cancer does he have? I pray for a speedy recovery and I pray that he isn't in any pain. I know you are. Hang in there and trust in God. My niece had neuroblastoma cancer when she was five and the doctors gave her a less than 25% chance. She's now almost 15. Hang in there and be strong no matter what they tell you.

Last edited by Yankee2718; 04-07-2013 at 13:00..
Yankee2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 13:43   #231
cundiff5535

My prayer....

Oh man... I want to start by saying, I am new here and this will be my very first post. As I read the OP I couldn't help but to get a little chocked up as I have a son (who just turned 5) and I couldn't imagine the kind strength it takes to digest this kind of news...Lets all try to help this family along what seems is going to be a long and crazy journey. You know, a lot of folks choose to turn there backs on God when terrible things like this arise but, lets remember that for those who are true believers... we are told we will be given tests. This is truly going to be one of those test... be stong. Gods Will, will be done and we must learn that Faith is something that only makes sense in reverse.

I typically would never do this but, I know saying you are going to pray for someone and actually doing it are indeed two different things. The main reason is because some people are not all that comfortable with actually saying a prayer, or they think they do not know how to... I am not claiming to be some amazing guy who is even somewhat good at praying but, I will step out of my comfort zone here and now.... I am not only going to type out my prayer but, I hope this will inspire a few folks to either just read this off (as their own prayer) or spin this off and make one of their own....

"Father God, I ask that you give Caleb's family the strength to get through this very emotional and trying time that they face, please give them the words to comfort there son, help them be strong for Caleb, and please let them be strong for each other. Please help them and let them lean on each other as well as you Lord. God, please give Caleb a sense of peace, I ask that you given him a sense of peace and let him truly know he is one of your children, help give him the strength to see that there is hope, that this is not the end, and that no matter what happens you are always their by his side. I pray that you help him to overcome his sickness... Father God, please walk with him through all the crazy medical treatments that he will under go and hold his hand to make him strong. God, we all can relate to getting heart breaking news, you sent your own son for us, so I am sure you can see Caleb's fathers heart breaking... Lord, comfort him... as fathers we never want to see our children endure trying times and none of us can truly put ourselves in Caleb's fathers shoes. God, things like this are truly overwhelming for us as parents as we all do our best to protect our children, when something like this arises its out of our hands, we can only put our faith in you. Lord, I beg you, please help this family. God, none of us can truly understand your amazing love for us, we can not imagine the things that you look down, hear, or even the amount of prayers that are prayed each day, Lord whatever your Will is, let it be done. Lord, I know your plan ultimately is what is best even though we can not comprehend that here and now. Father, I want to raise up Caleb, his family, and all of us praying for him, we do not know what will happen but, please help cure his cancer and guide him to a full recovery. In your Sons name I pray, Amen"
cundiff5535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 13:56   #232
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

May God bless both you and your son. You will both be in my prayers.
Old 04-07-2013, 14:01   #233
MooseJaw
CLM Number 37
NRA Lifer

Ongoing Prayers for you and Caleb..

Strength, Determination, and Trust in God.
MooseJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:07   #234
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
Oh man... I want to start by saying, I am new here and this will be my very first post. As I read the OP I couldn't help but to get a little chocked up as I have a son (who just turned 5) and I couldn't imagine the kind strength it takes to digest this kind of news...Lets all try to help this family along what seems is going to be a long and crazy journey. You know, a lot of folks choose to turn there backs on God when terrible things like this arise but, lets remember that for those who are true believers... we are told we will be given tests. This is truly going to be one of those test... be stong. Gods Will, will be done and we must learn that Faith is something that only makes sense in reverse.

I typically would never do this but, I know saying you are going to pray for someone and actually doing it are indeed two different things. The main reason is because some people are not all that comfortable with actually saying a prayer, or they think they do not know how to... I am not claiming to be some amazing guy who is even somewhat good at praying but, I will step out of my comfort zone here and now.... I am not only going to type out my prayer but, I hope this will inspire a few folks to either just read this off (as their own prayer) or spin this off and make one of their own....

"Father God, I ask that you give Caleb's family the strength to get through this very emotional and trying time that they face, please give them the words to comfort there son, help them be strong for Caleb, and please let them be strong for each other. Please help them and let them lean on each other as well as you Lord. God, please give Caleb a sense of peace, I ask that you given him a sense of peace and let him truly know he is one of your children, help give him the strength to see that there is hope, that this is not the end, and that no matter what happens you are always their by his side. I pray that you help him to overcome his sickness... Father God, please walk with him through all the crazy medical treatments that he will under go and hold his hand to make him strong. God, we all can relate to getting heart breaking news, you sent your own son for us, so I am sure you can see Caleb's fathers heart breaking... Lord, comfort him... as fathers we never want to see our children endure trying times and none of us can truly put ourselves in Caleb's fathers shoes. God, things like this are truly overwhelming for us as parents as we all do our best to protect our children, when something like this arises its out of our hands, we can only put our faith in you. Lord, I beg you, please help this family. God, none of us can truly understand your amazing love for us, we can not imagine the things that you look down, hear, or even the amount of prayers that are prayed each day, Lord whatever your Will is, let it be done. Lord, I know your plan ultimately is what is best even though we can not comprehend that here and now. Father, I want to raise up Caleb, his family, and all of us praying for him, we do not know what will happen but, please help cure his cancer and guide him to a full recovery. In your Sons name I pray, Amen"

Amen.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:10   #235
rdhowell

Will certainly pray for your son for healing but also for you and your family.
rdhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:16   #236
Brucev

My heart goes out to you. And without question, I will be praying for Caleb, for you and your family.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:37   #237
Raptor5

...........prayers for Caleb...... Try to stay strong for him!
Old 04-07-2013, 14:37   #238
fireguy129
NRA Member 2008

I can't imagine what you're going through. If there's anything we can do, we'll make it happen. I'll keep you both in my warmest thoughts and hope for the best.
fireguy129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 15:15   #239
ATOMIC 10mm

I am here for you brother.......what can we do?
ATOMIC 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 15:18   #240
robbcayman

I'm thinking of you and Caleb. The great news is you're at MD Anderson, which is a top notch facility. Both of you hang in there and feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.
robbcayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 15:27   #241
cundiff5535

gemeinschaft... Please Pm me your address... I am friends with Curtis Granderson, the starting center fielder for the New York Yanks. I made a call to him after I wrote the prayer out, he is going to send Caleb a letter as well as an autographed hat or book or something!! I didn't ask for anything specific, just shared this story and he said he would send you guys something in the mail... I am not sure if you guys are baseball fans, Yankees fans, or anything like that but, I am sure Caleb will get a kick out of getting a letter direct from a pretty big sports guy!!

Last edited by cundiff5535; 04-07-2013 at 15:34..
cundiff5535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 15:32   #242
inzone

prayer

Merciful father, great physician, hold this child in your loving arms and only say the word and your servant shall be healed.... this child is the son of a patriot and will be a great patriot himself one day....we name and claim his healing in the name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit....

inzone and family
inzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 16:43   #243
Lnguyen9

Your son is in my prayer. For you, be brave, strong so you can take care of him. God's will.
Lnguyen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:14   #244
Gail1266

I am praying for you and your son. May God give you and your family peace, comfort, and hope. Is 41 Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will help you. I will strengthen you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Old 04-07-2013, 18:23   #245
Goosemanimis

Prayers sent
Goosemanimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:27   #246
bluedevil

Sending many prayers your way. My wife was diagnosed with ewings sarcoma twice and the second time the doctors up here in Green Bay Wisconsin gave her a death sentence. We went to MD Anderson and they have saved my wife's life. Feel free to PM me if you need any advice or want to vent or for any reason at all Ive been there going through what you are no doubt dealing with right now. Prayers be with you.
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:33   #247
nighteye

Prayers sent....
nighteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:37   #248
mr00jimbo

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear.
He will be in my prayers.
Old 04-07-2013, 18:47   #249
Alchemy

Words can't express what you must be going through now.
Your son will be in my prayers.
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:49   #250
bmoore

Prayers said for you and Caleb.

Tags
cancer, ewing's sarcoma