Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:47   #1
Marcus99

Gen2 Glocks (17 and 19)

Is it just me, or have the older 2nd generation Glocks mostly disappeared from the market? I've been looking for clean, excellent condition Glock 17 and 19's and found very little.

For instance, I searched through about 190 listings on gunbroker under "Glock 19" and came up with maybe five G19's that were gen2's. I realize those are perhaps the hottest of all the gen2's, but my search under "Glock 17" turned up a similar quantity as well.

Whats the cause? Are these being snatched up quicker these days as doubt lingers over the current gen3/gen4 reliability (justified or not)?
Marcus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 19:06   #2
Z71

Oh?..Probably not. I just imagine that since the gunstore shelves are about bare these days...all the gen.2 Glocks just got new homes...
Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52   #3
Desert Duck

I've owned all of them and can't say the Gen 2 holds more attraction than my Gen 3 and 4.

Finger grooves and internal updates make 3 and 4 Gens higher on my buy list. But the right priced Gen 2 should never be passed up. Example; Gen 2 Glock 19 in pawn shop in Utah recently for $450.... After gabbing and shooting the breeze with employee, I figured they were into it right. Sure enough, $400 OTD. Pawn shop employees are people too treat them with respect and regard, and you can flourish.
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 15:48   #4
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Duck View Post
I've owned all of them and can't say the Gen 2 holds more attraction than my Gen 3 and 4.

Finger grooves and internal updates make 3 and 4 Gens higher on my buy list. But the right priced Gen 2 should never be passed up. Example; Gen 2 Glock 19 in pawn shop in Utah recently for $450.... After gabbing and shooting the breeze with employee, I figured they were into it right. Sure enough, $400 OTD. Pawn shop employees are people too treat them with respect and regard, and you can flourish.
I am often asked to keep an eyeout for certain guns. Recently, I was asked to look for a G22 for a guy about to start internship, and possible employment, with a local leaw enforcement agency. I found one, a 2nd gen, in a local shop. They had it priced at 499 with one magazine. I told them I knew of a possible buyer but needed to know their bottom dollar price. He ended up getting it for 350 and tax.

Light rails do nothing for me as far as concealed carry and the finger grooves are the worst thing about Glocks. They don't help me maintain a grip and I get the feeling they prevent me from getting as good a grip as I can with a 2nd gen.
Old 04-03-2013, 19:26   #5
DougW
Native Texan

I don't like the finger grooves, so both of my G19's are 2nd gen, and one of the G17's is 1st gen. Even my G26 is an early gen pistol without the checkering on the front of the grip (it has the finger grooves). The 3rd gen G17 is fine though.

Proud Father of Two US Army Soldiers

Last edited by DougW; 04-03-2013 at 19:27..
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 19:38   #6
bruzer

We all know that Glocks can't last more than a few years because they'll melt, or get brittle. Remember all the things that were said about them 30 years ago? Haha
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 22:25   #7
dewidmt
Gunaholic

Just picked up a minty Gen2 G21 from a fellow today...new night sights and all...$450!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 22:51   #8
Desert Duck

Some pawn shops have policy to buy Glocks for only a certain amount, say $250.

If you can deal with people, there is money to be saved, regardless of which Generation firearm you please.
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote