Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-01-2013, 16:41   #1
OuttaHand

Centerpoint Picatinny mounted Video Camera?

A brief, first-impressions review:
Can't remember where I first saw the ad, but I came across an ad for a Picatiny-mounted video camera. It is a Centerpoint Action Cam model CPAC2X and was being sold by a site called "Woot". They wanted about $30 so I figured it was worth a shot. (They had only a limited quantity so you may have to shop elsewhere if you want one)

I got the camera and mounted it to the rail on the bottom of m,y new G17. I have not had a chance to shoot with the gun mounted, but I have tried it out around the house a bit.

The mount is nice in a couple ways: First, because the mount itself is separate from the camera. You attach the camera mount to your picatinny rail using a straight blade screwdriver. You then attach the camera to that mount using a large thumbscrew. It's nice in that it allows you to rotate the camera itself. Works good so you could mount it on a gun with a top rail or a pistol where the rail is underneath. You can rotate the camera any amount so you could even put a picatiny rail on a bow, motorcycle helmet, car bumper, etc. and mount the camerea to that. The camera and mount feel very solid.

The camera takes pretty decent video and saves in .avi format so it's easy to work with on the computer. The camera charges and transfers video via USB. It does require that you supply a Micro-SD memory card (up to 32 GB). You can remove that and put it in a card reader if you'd rather transfer video that way.

It also has a 2x zoom setting so you have an option there.

Again, I have yet to fire the gun with the camera attached, but it mounts very solidly. I expect the video will be as solid as your grip on the gun. I'm eager to see how it does in an actual range situation.

I bought the camera with the intent of recording some of my range trips, as well as recording my shooting at GSSF events (if this does not count as an accessory that would put me out of the stock classes)

I just wondered if anyone elses has used this camera? Also wanted to share this with all of you in case anyone else is interested. It's not an expensive toy so I thought others of you might want to add it to your Glocks, too!

(I am NOT associated with any company mentioned above and have ZERO vested interested in this product. Just sharing!)

Last edited by OuttaHand; 04-01-2013 at 16:42..
OuttaHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 16:47   #2
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

sounds cool, would like to see site listing.
Old 04-01-2013, 16:50   #3
lpo
what?!?!?!?!?

Send a message via Yahoo to lpo
How big is the camera? Will it fit in a holster for a gun with a light attached?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 04-01-2013, 17:00   #4
OuttaHand

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1364857223.597976.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	232419
Here it is on my G17 Gen3

It COULD be mounted rearwards another 3/8" or so. But if you want to be able to easily remove the camera without disturbing the camera mount, then you need room for the thumbscrew to back out before it hits t he trigger guard.
If you mounted the camera to its mount, then attached it to the rail, you could mount it back so that the thumbscrew was touching the trigger guard. But you would not be able to remove the camera without removing the camera/mount combo.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by OuttaHand; 04-01-2013 at 17:07..
Old 04-01-2013, 17:04   #5
OuttaHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson8861 View Post
sounds cool, would like to see site listing.
The original listing is no longer on Woot. HERE is a listing at shopping.com. If you google the name/model you'll find others.

Tags
camera, center, centerpoint, point, video