Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-28-2013, 17:32   #1
Silas.soule

US Population in 2050

The Bureau of the Senseless is projecting 100 million new people here by 2050. If they were all screened, hard-working, and holding of American values, I'd be OK with that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/demographics-in-america-in-2050-2012-10?op=1

Last edited by Silas.soule; 03-28-2013 at 17:38..
Silas.soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 19:53   #2
Flying-Dutchman

These projections lack imagination as they just assume the current trends continue.

In reality a lot of surprises could and will happen between now and 2050.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:53   #3
pugman

I think their number is low.

313,914,040 in 2012....at 1% growth per year we will be at over 450 million by 2050.

This doesn't even include illegals? Western countries are becoming more responsible with children in general.

Japan and Germany for a while had a negative population growth rate from 2005-2010.

Other Western countries like Finland, Denmark, France, Britain, Spain, Canada all had growth rates less than 1%

What we should be worried about is the growth rates in a lot of the places in this world.

Qatar...4.93%
Zimbabwe...4.36%
Ethiopia...2.90%
Rwanda...2.75%

Educate yourself on world population growth, demographics, etc. Want a real eye opener: compare the growth rates and populations in predominantly Christian vs Muslim countries.

We may need these extra 100 million people?

Last edited by pugman; 03-29-2013 at 05:54..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:58   #4
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
I think their number is low.

313,914,040 in 2012....at 1% growth per year we will be at over 450 million by 2050.

This doesn't even include illegals? Western countries are becoming more responsible with children in general.

Japan and Germany for a while had a negative population growth rate from 2005-2010.

Other Western countries like Finland, Denmark, France, Britain, Spain, Canada all had growth rates less than 1%

What we should be worried about is the growth rates in a lot of the places in this world.

Qatar...4.93%
Zimbabwe...4.36%
Ethiopia...2.90%
Rwanda...2.75%

Educate yourself on world population growth, demographics, etc. Want a real eye opener: compare the growth rates and populations in predominantly Christian vs Muslim countries.

We may need these extra 100 million people?
These trends are unsustainable. These population explosions are due to Western medicine, hygiene and food.

Yet the developed nations are already almost all technically bankrupt; who is going to support these people especially when they are such a large portion of the world’s population?

Some of the peoples you listed were living an early Neolithic existence not having invented the wheel or written word.

A reset will occur before 2050; the only projection that is certain.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23   #5
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
These trends are unsustainable. These population explosions are due to Western medicine, hygiene and food.

Yet the developed nations are already almost all technically bankrupt; who is going to support these people especially when they are such a large portion of the world’s population?

Some of the peoples you listed were living an early Neolithic existence not having invented the wheel or written word.

I think you absolutely nailed it.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36   #6
cesaros

Eugenics will naturally take its course. The planet can only support us all for so long, then the weakest link (humans) will die off to a sustainable population...and the cycle will begin again.

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45   #7
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas.soule View Post
The Bureau of the Senseless is projecting 100 million new people here by 2050. If they were all screened, hard-working, and holding of American values, I'd be OK with that.
If there were no abortions from 1950 there'd be Eighty Million more American raised Citizens right now. Doing all the jobs, no need for immigration. But, Darwin has other plans ....

Last edited by Vic777; 03-29-2013 at 08:46..
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:26   #8
maxsnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
Eugenics will naturally take its course. The planet can only support us all for so long, then the weakest link (humans) will die off to a sustainable population...and the cycle will begin again.
If "our" government has its way, the least productive, lowest IQ, and most dysgenic humans will be supported to the very end--by those with the fewest of these "qualities."
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46   #9
pugman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post

I agree completely.

Actually my first comment was going to be our population might not be up a 100 million by 2050 but BE 100 million by 2050.

If you read the statistics on global disasters the number of people who will die within the first few months is staggering. If the U.S stopped exporting food how many people would die?

A pandemic (which we are due for), another world war, major ecological or natural event - something is going to give pretty soon.

Tags
bloomberg, immigration, population