Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:58   #1
Shadow106

Just acquired my 24th Glock, and there's a problem

I started 'Glocking' circa 1991, and last week I picked up #24 (no I don't have all of them) so after 20+ years and a LOT of rounds fired, you would think I could figure stuff out. This one has me a bit baffled, so I'd appreciate some thoughts from the gang.

The newest G is a 22C, as I tend to shoot .40 most of the time. I went to a range, put two mags through the pistol, and began to feel some discomfort where my supporting finger fits against the trigger guard. I have never had this occur in the past, and I fired my G23 and G27 the same day, without any issue.

There are no rough spots on the trigger guard of the 22C, and it actually feels exactly the same in my hand as the other Glocks. The only NEW part of this whole thing is, this is the first C model I've fired from the Glock line. So my usually flawed logic (I've been married four times) suggests that the compensated model might make the felt recoil move in a slightly different direction, causing the increased contact with the trigger guard?

Anyone with similar experience, all you C model shooters, please give me some feedback so I know that I don't need to change my medication.

Thx,

Jerry
Shadow106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:05   #2
Scott30

I do not own a "C" but think you may be on to something. My thought is that the compensating reduces the muzzle flip and allows a more rearward push thus hitting your middle finger more.
Scott30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:33   #3
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

I've never shot a 22C, just my 19C and have never had that problem. Interested in what others might have to chime in.
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56   #4
CaneyCat

I put a Ported barrel in my G35 and nothing changed in the way that you described. The only Change I felt was the recoil, Being the same gun just different barrels I don't think this gun being ported is the reason.
Marlin 60SN
Benelli nova 12ga
CaneyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 14:43   #5
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
What generation is your gun?
Are you right handed and are getting pain in your left trigger finger?

ETA- a picture of your grip might help. The "C" versions reduce recoil, barely, by reducing upward travel; they don't force the gun down. I have shot the 20C, 17C and 22C.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 03-28-2013 at 14:44..
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 14:45   #6
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
I do not own a "C" but think you may be on to something. My thought is that the compensating reduces the muzzle flip and allows a more rearward push thus hitting your middle finger more.
I think he means support hand; if he responds we will know for sure.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 03-28-2013 at 14:46..
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 15:28   #7

Your trouble may just go away on subsequent shooting sessions.

The first time I shot my 27, the trigger safety pinched my finger. Bothered the heck out of me, but the next trip the the range I had no such trouble, and none in the thousand or so rounds since.
153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 17:05   #8
Shadow106

I'm right handed and thats the side where the issue has come into play. I just got back from my local Glock smith and he 'relieved' the notch on the trigger guard while I stood there. We fired it and the difference was pretty amazing. He says he's run into this kind of complaint a lot, and this is his solution. He carries and trains classes with his Glock 23C (I didn't realize it was a C model) and he thinks this may be peculiar to the .40 S&W in a C model, since he learned this from his own experience. The factory stuff I shoot is pretty snappy, so maybe I've just learned a new trick. At my age, thats a miracle. LOL
Shadow106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 19:20   #9
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow106 View Post
I'm right handed and thats the side where the issue has come into play. I just got back from my local Glock smith and he 'relieved' the notch on the trigger guard while I stood there. We fired it and the difference was pretty amazing. He says he's run into this kind of complaint a lot, and this is his solution. He carries and trains classes with his Glock 23C (I didn't realize it was a C model) and he thinks this may be peculiar to the .40 S&W in a C model, since he learned this from his own experience. The factory stuff I shoot is pretty snappy, so maybe I've just learned a new trick. At my age, thats a miracle. LOL
So it was your firing hand and not the support hand? Had I known that I would have recommended a slight undercut to the trigger guard
Old 03-28-2013, 20:10   #10
M1A Shooter

Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
i had a similar issue when i shot a 27, non-C model. thats why i ultimately went with a 26 instead. felt like it was hammering my middle finger nuckle on the bottom of the trigger guard.
Old 03-28-2013, 20:16   #11
ADK_40GLKr

I have a compensated ISSC 22lr target model. Muzzle flip is DOWN, not UP! Sounds like you're getting a little more downward pressure from that muzzle compensation!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire