Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:33   #1
Srboostjunkie

My new glock and first trip to the range

I just recently purchased my first glock I got this gen3 19c it has a grip force adapter ghost 3.5 connector truglo night sights and stainless guide rod

General Glocking

General Glocking

I took it to the range yesterday it's real smooth shot a decent group but I had an issue I would bump fire 2 shots in a row atleast once per a full magazine I'm sure it's me and not the gun I was told that its probably from me not being used to the light trigger pull from the ghost connector and short reset. should I get more time with it and get used to it or replace the connector with a factory one?

Also I've heard a lot of people talk down about changing springs and the guide rod should I go back to factory with that too? I kept all the factory parts

It will be a carry gun at times. Thanks for the help
Srboostjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39   #2
lyodbraun

replace the connector, and go back to a factory one, and or a factory minus connector, id keep the stainless guide rod, nothing wrong with those...

Last edited by lyodbraun; 03-14-2013 at 11:40..
lyodbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:43   #3
tjw0

I bought a G22 that had the trigger bar worn out and I thought I was bump firing but the gun was actually firing upon reset. I could fire and hold the trigger, take aim again and reset and the gun would fire. A new trigger fixed it so that's one thing to check.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
tjw0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52   #4
Srboostjunkie

Lyodbraun thanks I read about that minus connector last night while searching problems like this I looked for it but haven't found one yet

Tjw0 the gun is brand new so I don't think that would be the issue but thanks and ill check just incase
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54   #5
tjw0

Yeah. Mine was from a competition shooter that had some crazy amount of rounds through it. Well used.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
tjw0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 14:02   #6
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Everyone will have opinions.

Mine is that if it is a carry gun leave the trigger stock or only use factory parts when replacing things like the connector. I also do not personally like a very light trigger.

Up to you though.

A high speed few will be along soon to tell you about the 1.5 pound triggers with a .0008 break that they have on their carry guns and that their finger is the only margin of fail safe required.

True in theory...

For mere mortals like myself, I'm of the opinion that a carry gun's trigger shouldn't be under 4.5-5 pounds and you probably shouldn't pack it around yet if you're not used to it and doing unintentional doubles.

But that's like my opinion man. I'm just a dude on the Internet.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.

Last edited by HKLovingIT; 03-14-2013 at 18:52..
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 14:35   #7
TheGlockTalker

Replace the connector.
There is exactly nothing wrong or inferior about the original parts.
Keep your guns as close to original as possible, especially anything that has to do with the trigger. Sights? Sure. Go to town on those but leave the trigger alone.
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 16:49   #8
Srboostjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post
Everyone will have opinions.

Mine is that if it is a carry gun leave the trigger stock or only use factory parts when replacing things like the connector. I also do not personally like a very light trigger.

Up to you though.

A high speed few will be along soon to tell you about the 1.5 pound triggers with a .0008 break that they have on their carry guns and that their finger is the the only margin of fail safe required.

True in theory...

For mere mortals like myself, I'm of the opinion that a carry gun's trigger shouldn't be under 4.5-5 pounds and you probably shouldn't pack it around yet if you're not used to it and doing unintentional doubles.

But that's like my opinion man. I'm just a dude on the Internet.
I haven't carried it and won't until I'm used to it .. I replaced the connector it doesn't really feel heavier but the reset isn't as short which I think will make it better
Old 03-14-2013, 17:15   #9
21 Glock salute

Gotta agree with the guys...don't screw around with the trigger. I tried this and one time, the striker wouldn't hit hard enough (don't buy aftermarket springs because they sux) and I tried a zevtech connector, whose bearing surface was worn down and the connector would slip, turning the trigger into a "pump you up" sort of trigger that took about 12 pounds to touch off...
Just keep it basic, the trigger will smooth out with time and rounds down the tube. Keep training or if you don't know how to train, find a trainer. Be safe!
21 Glock salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 18:25   #10
Scrappy

I only use Glocks 4.5/3.5 connectors.
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 20:30   #11
Srboostjunkie

Also it wasn't just me that this happened too .. A friend at the range that day shot a few rounds through it and it happened to him a few times also
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01   #12
Srboostjunkie

Update: yesterday was the first time back to the range since my post (finding 9mm in my area is like finding Bigfoot) it turns out tjw0 was correct the gun was firing a second round during the reset I took the ghost connector out replaced it with the factory one and shot 100 flawless rounds through the 19c I'm more than happy now and feel very comfortable making this gun my edc