Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2013, 20:05   #51
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
I wouldn't even take issue with it if he intended to keep everything he bought (even if it was EVERYTHING)...but to make a quick profit... such a tool move.
This economy is seriously in the ****ter. I for one don't blame anyone for for doing what it takes to make a buck these days.

< Victim AND victimizer in the ammo hoarding game.

CF, I haz 180 gr HP in .308 for $2/round.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Last edited by Angry Fist; 03-26-2013 at 20:06..
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:07   #52
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
This economy is seriously in the ****ter. I for one don't blame anyone for for doing what it takes to make a buck these days.

< Victim AND victimizer in the ammo hoarding game.

CF, I haz 180 gr HP in .308 for $2/round.
No I demand the same price as 6 months ago.

GOUGER!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:09   #53
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Profit is bad?

This is not about communism vs capitalist, right vs left, whatever whatever. I'm not going to rise to your bait.

This is about ethical vs unethical, what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:
The guy standing behind you in line, his only crime being he got there seconds later doesn't get to enjoy his weekend of shooting because you want to make a quick dishonest buck.
Again, is that right? Yes it is perfectly within your rights to do so, but I don't for a second believe you don't see how this is poor behavior.
Old 03-26-2013, 20:12   #54
JEEPX

People who buy firearms or ammo with the sole intent of flipping should be shot.
If not done away with permanently, give them prison time. Flipping is nothing more than a straw purchase.

I'm to the point of saying, close the private sell loophole and be done with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by JEEPX; 03-26-2013 at 20:16..
JEEPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:12   #55

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I think you should have every right to do what you're doing. But I also think you should feel like a scumbag after doing it.
Why? Please explain. You can't, can you?

My feelings are irrelevant -it's just business. Obviously, you're feelings are hurt.

Quote:
The guy standing behind you in line, his only crime
Crime!? Seriously?

Quote:
being he got there seconds later
Should have got there earlier.

Quote:
doesn't get to enjoy his weekend of shooting
Ammo is available. How much do you want to pay?

Quote:
because you want to make a quick dishonest buck.
A dishonest buck? Explain how I'm being dishonest about anything. Anything. You can't, can you?

Quote:
You really don't see anything wrong with that?
Wrong with what? Buying something under market value then selling it at market value. Explain how firearms are any different than any other product or commodity. You can't, can you?

Quote:
Take care.
Life is a comedy for those who think. It's tragedy for those who feel.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:16   #56

[quote=Khao;20127078]This is not about communism vs capitalist, right vs left, whatever whatever. I'm not going to rise to your bait.

Quote:
You can't can't won't explain what is wrong/unethical about buying and selling. Your whole argument is emotional.

Quote:
Again, is that right? Yes it is perfectly within your rights to do so, but I don't for a second believe you don't see how this is poor behavior.
You realize that most business is about buying and reselling to make a profit, right?

Old 03-26-2013, 20:17   #57
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
Why? Please explain. You can't, can you?

My feelings are irrelevant -it's just business. Obviously, you're feelings are hurt.

Crime!? Seriously?

Should have got there earlier.

Ammo is available. How much do you want to pay?

A dishonest buck? Explain how I'm being dishonest about anything. Anything. You can't, can you?

Wrong with what? Buying something under market value then selling it at market value. Explain how firearms are any different than any other product or commodity. You can't, can you?

Our moral compasses are polar opposites. Agree to disagree. It's all just food for thought. Take care brother.
Old 03-26-2013, 20:20   #58

[quote=Khao;20127078]This is not about communism vs capitalist, right vs left, whatever whatever. I'm not going to rise to your bait.

Quote:
You can't can't won't explain what is wrong/unethical about buying and selling. Your whole argument is emotional.

Quote:
You realize that most business is about buying and reselling to make a profit, right? Again, please explain how buying and reselling is poor behavior. You can't, can you?

Old 03-26-2013, 20:24   #59

Quote:
Our moral compasses are polar opposites. Agree to disagree. It's all just food for thought. Take care brother.
Moral compass!? Please.
You can't/won't address anything I've asked you about why you think it's wrong, unethical, poor behavior, ect,. about buying and flipping. You can't even defend you own position.

Old 03-26-2013, 20:25   #60
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
How much time has to elapse from purchase to resale?

Say I buy a limited production firearm years ago with the intent to sell at a higher price today - criminal act?

Say I bought two identical firearms, one to shoot and one to resell at a later date - criminal act.

Say I bought a crate of mosins to cherry pick the ones I want and sell the rest - criminal act?

Say I bought a milsurp collection, not to keep but to resell piecemeal- criminal act?
There is not set time/amount/price.... Its the grey area of "intent" IF you INTEND to buy it to resell. not good. If you decide to sell it later (because you didn't like it, it didn't fit your hand, the CEO of company said somethign you didn't like. (basicly for ANY REASON) selling it is legal (if other laws followed)
Its even legal if you buy it "because you always wanted one" but know you will likely need $$$ and this will be first you get rid of.
Read the 4473, ask yourself. Am I buying this for ME, or as gift for family? You are likely ok.
I have cousin who wants me to buy a SCAR 18 if I see one. To sell it to him) That is NOT legal. So I won't do it. (I will call him, ask if I could put $50 for dealer to hold it till he gets there)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:25   #61
Detectorist

I personally don't have a need for thousands of rounds of ammo. I've got 50 premium self defense rds and 100 FMJ rounds, and 5 mags.

I've got one gun and I know how to use it.

If the SHTF I'll just take ammo from the dead guys who thought they could kill me. I've already done that once.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:30   #62
Khao

Quote:
Moral compass!? Please.
You can't/won't address anything I've asked you about why you think it's wrong, unethical, poor behavior, ect,. about buying and flipping. You can't even defend you own position.

I can't / won't because it's intrinsic, you either see what you're doing is wrong or you don't... and nothing I type here will change your mind anyway.

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 20:30..
Khao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:31   #63
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

The horders annoy me, as do the buy-sell folks. Sure they're legal, but they're running up the prices for the rest of us, and making it tough for many people to even afford ammo anymore. That is why they annoy me. I have the right to my opinions.

I have plenty of ammo and plenty of guns, and yet I find these people annoying.

And to those who ask what is wrong with doing it? Well, I answer you're ****ing over the rest of the gun community. You think that is ok? Well then your a piece of ****.

Too many selfish people in our world today.

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 03-26-2013 at 20:37..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 20:55   #64
Khao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post

Too many selfish people in our world today.
This sort of behavior has become the norm... unfortunately.

The Okie Corral
Old 03-26-2013, 21:01   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
This is not about communism vs capitalist, right vs left, whatever whatever. I'm not going to rise to your bait.

What's unethical or wrong about selling your property?

You're claiming unethical behavior but you're making it up as you go along.

There is NOTHING wrong or unethical about speculation or buying and selling for profit. Its what makes the world go round. Its why you have food on your table, electricity at your house and gas in your car.
Old 03-26-2013, 21:03   #66
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPX View Post
People who buy firearms or ammo with the sole intent of flipping should be shot.
If not done away with permanently, give them prison time. Flipping is nothing more than a straw purchase.

I'm to the point of saying, close the private sell loophole and be done with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You realize that's exactly what every gun dealer does, right?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-26-2013 at 21:03..
Old 03-26-2013, 21:07   #67
jknight8907

I got a little experience with a guy in line at the Walmart ammo counter the other day. There were three of us in line, all wanting 22LR, and there were 3 bulk packs of 22LR on the shelf. Guy #1 wants one box. Guy number 2 immediately shouts out that he wants the other two boxes. I politely suggest that since there's three of us, and three boxes, maybe we could each just take one so we all get a little. Dude won't even turn around and look at me, just shakes his head. I explain that we've all been waiting a long time for it to show up again, it would be great if we could help each other out a little. Dude makes his wife turn around and glare at me, "He said we're not interested in sharing, jack@$$". Okay, ya'll have a ball.

Last edited by jknight8907; 03-26-2013 at 21:08..
jknight8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 21:08   #68
nmstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
I heard a clerk at a gun counter explaining to a very grumpy customer why he couldn't sell him more than a few boxes of ammo.

He explained to him, they had "some people", and it's always the same people, who come into the store and will literally buy every single round they have, within what seems like minutes of them getting it, and they're getting a crapload of complaints from people wondering why they never have any. They're doing the same thing with magazines, and to a lesser extent, rifles themselves.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of "hoarders" being the problem before, but not from an employee at a major gun store.

What are your thoughts on this guys?
5 Years ago even the local Bass Pro did not have ammo. One of the clerks told me that as soon as they got it a guy would buy it all, literally several thousand dollars worth as soon as it was unloaded. They found him selling it a gun shows for a profit, so yes it is a real thing. I do not like sale limits but after hearing about that I see their necessity.
Old 03-26-2013, 21:12   #69
Khao

Quote:
You're claiming unethical behavior but you're making it up as you go along.
And you're feigning ignorance about something very simple....
Let's get serious...

Quote:
The guy standing behind you in line, his only crime being he got there seconds later doesn't get to enjoy his weekend of shooting because you want to make a quick dishonest buck. You really don't see anything wrong with that?
You don't think that's being a jerk??? I don't believe you.... but on the offchance you're being serious I have this as my response.

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 21:19..
Old 03-26-2013, 21:32   #70
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
And you're feigning ignorance about something very simple....
Let's get serious...

You don't think that's being a jerk??? I don't believe you.... but on the offchance you're being serious I have this as my response.

simpsons - Stampy - YouTube
I'm feigning ignorance of what? You keep talking about selling items at a market price being unethical and wrong but you can't back it up. What ethical standard or principle has been violated?

You're making this crap up as you go along and really have no idea what you're really butthurt about.

Old 03-26-2013, 21:34   #71
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmstew View Post
5 Years ago even the local Bass Pro did not have ammo. One of the clerks told me that as soon as they got it a guy would buy it all, literally several thousand dollars worth as soon as it was unloaded. They found him selling it a gun shows for a profit, so yes it is a real thing. I do not like sale limits but after hearing about that I see their necessity.
What's wrong with what he's doing? What difference does it make if he buys from bass pro or a distributor?

He's out hustling you. That's how free enterprise works.

Old 03-26-2013, 21:37   #72
Khao

Quote:
I'm feigning ignorance of what? You keep talking about selling items at a market price being unethical and wrong but you can't back it up. What ethical standard or principle has been violated?

You're making this crap up as you go along and really have no idea what you're really butthurt about.

No butthurt here, but I do see through your act. I post on glocktalk for enjoyment purposes.... if I weren't getting that I wouldn't be here. Also thanks for referring to it by it's proper name.. "hustling".. I like that much better then "flipping".

"Some people are just.... jerks"

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 21:41..
Old 03-26-2013, 21:45   #73
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
No butthurt here, but I do see through your act. I post on glocktalk for enjoyment purposes.... if I weren't getting that I wouldn't be here. Also thanks for referring to it by it's proper name.. "hustling".. I like that much better then "flipping".

Still wont backup your claims of unethical behavior or "wrong" I guess.

You don't like high prices. That's the gist of everything you've said here but your blaming it on other people who are doing everyone a favor by reproving ammo correctly.

Retailers who hold prices down and limit purchase amounts are causing this mess. You just don't understand it well enough to realize it.

Yes, free enterprise rewards people who hustle. Good things come to those who wait but it's whatever is left over after those that hustle. What a shame you think hustle is a bad word.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 03-26-2013 at 21:47..
Old 03-26-2013, 21:51   #74
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

If all these shops are out of ammo why don't you just go online and buy what you want? Gunbot.net has every caliber in stock somewhere right now.

Just order it. Ups man delivers to your door.

Old 03-26-2013, 21:52   #75
Khao

Quote:
Still wont backup your claims of unethical behavior or "wrong" I guess.
Because ethics are subjective and intrinsic to a person. If you haven't come to the conclusion that taking advantage of your fellow man is wrong yet... then I won't be able to convince you any different.

It just speaks volumes about the type of person you are defending this type of behavior. (I actually have a feeling this is more likely an internet persona I'm dealing with...I see through you)

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Khao; 03-26-2013 at 22:00..