SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-26-2013, 16:48   #1
threefeathers
Scouts Out

Db9

I purchased one of these 11oz 9mm plastic fantasists partly out of curiosity and partly because of the article in Am Handgunner by Roy Huntington. I took it out and was absolutely shocked to see that this little baby put all 6 founds in a sub 2 inch group at 5 yards. I tried at 10 yards and had the same group with one flyer (me). I've fired 60 rounds of Blazer 9mm with one ftf which was cleared by a tap. I immediately ordered one more mag fro Diamondback and am carrying this little baby in an ankle holster. I don't feel the 11 ounces plus 7 rounds of 9 at all.
threefeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 16:59   #2
deathpriest

Congratulations, foot print is amazing
I would put at least 350 rounds between both magazines before calling it a carry firearm. I would research a little more.
deathpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 17:01   #3
Pier23

Interesting report....I have looked at the DB9 but shied away...Hockock45 had some issues with his, IIRC.
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:25   #4
Tiro Fijo

They are a total POS & NEVER buy a gun based on a review in a gunrag that accepts paid advertising. You should have researched it on gun forums or even a simple Google Search would have shown you what a turd it is.

Do a Google Search now on this gun & be prepared to cry. The gun sucks and the co. even moreso. Oh, and just when you thought it couldn't get worse......Taurus recently bought the co.

Have a nice day.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 22:50   #5
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

Congrats on the new gun!
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 00:05   #6
dudel

My db9 runs just fine as well. Requires a very firm grip. I can shoot it without a problem, buddy of mine can't get through a mag. I take it back, and no problems. It does seem to find the weak grip in the crowd. Not for everyone, but I like mine. Very easy to carry, and surprisingly good accuracy for its short barrel.

I trust some mag reviews more than self appointed internet pistoleros. Then again, I trust my own experience even more.

Last edited by dudel; 03-27-2013 at 00:10..
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47   #7
maxpower220

No your experience isn't as reliable as some jackass who has never owned or shot the gun!

Congrats on the new gun. I really liked my DB and sometimes regreat selling it. However, I like to shoot and after a few rounds at the range, it wasn't pleasant.

I found the trigger to be excellent (for that type gun) and also had good accuracy.
maxpower220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07   #8
Bruce M

I have no doubt many guys have had good results with the gun. But my guess is that statistically there may be others that are more reliable.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:36   #9
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
They are a total POS & NEVER buy a gun based on a review in a gunrag that accepts paid advertising. You should have researched it on gun forums or even a simple Google Search would have shown you what a turd it is.

Do a Google Search now on this gun & be prepared to cry. The gun sucks and the co. even moreso. Oh, and just when you thought it couldn't get worse......Taurus recently bought the co.

Have a nice day.
I have no horse in the race (as i dont own and dont plan to own this gun) BUT that said...its almost as bad as listening to some advice on gun FORUMS also...How many times have we heard the parrots of the forums say something they "heard" when they had no real experience with or owned the said gun..so While I wont always go by a review in a gun mag I also take with a grain of salt things I "learn" on gun forums also.

Ive owned guns people rave about that were pure junk(in the past) and guns people say stay away from that end up being great and totally reliable guns.

Hopefully you did a bit of research and the gun is good for you OP. Good luck
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 17:00   #10
Wetrudgeon

We owned a db9 for a few months. Ours was quite reliable and accurate; and we liked the light weight and thin profile. But the little thing was so violent to shoot that we decided it was not for us. A life time of weight training probably makes our hands/grip above average in strength, but we found the thing hard to hold on to. We were afraid to allow our little mate to even try it. Swapped it for a Sig P238, with which we are happier.

We trudge on.
Wetrudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49   #11
Pier23

I am interested in this thread, since I am interested in the relationship between cost and quality.

For example, the Glock has been commonly reported to cost $80-$90 to manufacture, and the first impulse Gaston had was ro sell this as a $250 or so pistol. His USA marketing guy (name forgotten) persuaded Gaston that in the U.S. quality and cost perceptions were linear...we think the better something is the more it should cost.

There have been many discussions I have seen here and elsewhere on inexpensive weapons which were not cheap. One classic example is the ceaseless AK/AR debate.

I have an FEG clone of a PP which I got umteenth hand which, after abreplacement recoil spring chugs along perfectly. Ditto my KelTec P3AT, not the cheapest of the mini-380 breed, but not the most expensive either.

Yet my faves remain Sig simply because of feel and the way they fit my hand. But how much of the Sig price (in my case all used...who can afford a NEW Sig?...well...not me at least...)..well, is this just a PERCEPTION of quality based on price and "reputation"?

If all I need is something to go bang in the odd event I am thwarting a personal attack, do I NEED a Sig? Would not a DB work as well?

Hmmm..getting long winded and off my own topic....like everone I think, I am looking for the inexpensive treasure. Pls report on the DB!
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19   #12
mike g35

I owned a DB9 for a while. It was great....for about 200 rounds. Then it started having all kinds of problems. Maybe this was just an isolated experience, maybe not. I switched back to carrying a G26 and couldn't be happier.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56   #13
CDR_Glock

I was unlucky with 2 DB9s. I got rid of mine.

I don't trust gun rags for reviews, in general.

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18   #14
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

. YMMV.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400595
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote