SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:38   #1
SBray

ABC Nightline Attacks Glock

Folks,

Below is a good example of the media working their negative views at gun manufactures. My wife read this on breitbart.com. Glock is being attacked on ABC's Nightline. See the above attached link.

They are out to make gun manufactures and gun owners to be the big problem in our country, not the criminals or mentally ill persons!

The average person in our country is being bombarded with all this negative media.

Steve

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...re-The-Problem

Last edited by SBray; 03-24-2013 at 12:40..
SBray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 19:36   #2
Dawolf

The average person in our country is being bombarded with all this negative media.

Rush calls them "low information voters."
Dawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 23:10   #3
Slug71

I'm going to send them an email with a pic of my Glocks and 33rdrs. :D
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 00:23   #4
gordo

Nightline

I worked for Nightline for twenty five years as an editor, from the day it started as a hostage watch 'till five years ago when I retired. We were proud of what we did and I thought I would never leave. From time to time I had to set a few writers, producers, and talent straight about guns and they always listened. Then Disney bought the ABC network and after a while they started to try to interfere with the show. The anchor, Ted Koppel, and our executive producer, Tom Bettag, fought the good fight for a couple of years, resisting the demands for younger demographics, topics that got higher ratings, and whiz bang editing. They finally both resigned and I bailed about a year later. I never watched the show again. I don't even have any idea who the current anchor is. When I left there were three. Now I hear they have lost their time slot at 11:30 and don't air till after Jimmy Kimmel. I hear it is no longer coming out of the DC bureau and airs from NYC. As an old Nightliner I am ashamed of what I just read about the Glock show. Thanks for posting the link, Steve. We used to be so much better than this. On the up side, we sure had a great run while it lasted.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:31   #5
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I worked for Nightline for twenty five years as an editor, from the day it started as a hostage watch 'till five years ago when I retired. We were proud of what we did and I thought I would never leave. From time to time I had to set a few writers, producers, and talent straight about guns and they always listened. Then Disney bought the ABC network and after a while they started to try to interfere with the show. The anchor, Ted Koppel, and our executive producer, Tom Bettag, fought the good fight for a couple of years, resisting the demands for younger demographics, topics that got higher ratings, and whiz bang editing. They finally both resigned and I bailed about a year later. I never watched the show again. I don't even have any idea who the current anchor is. When I left there were three. Now I hear they have lost their time slot at 11:30 and don't air till after Jimmy Kimmel. I hear it is no longer coming out of the DC bureau and airs from NYC. As an old Nightliner I am ashamed of what I just read about the Glock show. Thanks for posting the link, Steve. We used to be so much better than this. On the up side, we sure had a great run while it lasted.
your post is well written, even toned, and informative. I salute you for the way you present this, even in the face of your old employer which you were obviously fond of. I'm sorry it worked out like it did, and in my opinion, when you left it was to their great loss.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37   #6
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Ban Network TV. We did. FX is as close as we get.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 17:37   #7
SBray

Gordo,

I completely agree with what "Lord" wrote. I don't recall often seeing posts that are written as well as yours!

We often see segments on TV, or articles in the newspapers that are so poorly done. It is amazing to see how many important questions go unanswered at the end of local news reports from the media in the field. Newspapers will also cover a story, and not answer the basic questions that should have been covered in any report: who, what, when, how, and where.

Quality shows on TV are pulled based on what the young people are watching; trashy reality TV or "Who's Your Baby Daddy? Over the last few years I have seen many TVshows that had very good acting and plots, get axed for those reasons.

Gordo,

What you wrote reminded me of an HBO series, "The Wire". A portion of the show dealt with a major newspaper staff reporting on local events. The more experienced editor was in conflict with upper management over how they made changes based on the budget. Additionally, the editor noticed a young reporter turning in stories that he obviously hadn't properly researched. (Well, he was making up information he put in his articles). He was getting away with it because the higher management wanted sensational stories, not a well researched product.

This particular Glock story is similar, in that the staff were able to make comments that were obviously not well researched. Glock is one of the best handguns ever made. It is a successful company because they have quality products, and good salesmanship working to dominate that market.

JMHO,

Steve

Last edited by SBray; 03-26-2013 at 17:39..
SBray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 21:50   #8
jhc37013

The only thing Nightline has done is probably sold more Glocks.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 21:51   #9
Pepiot

A very wise man once said "can't fix stupid"
Old 03-26-2013, 21:56   #10
Pepiot

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE1
Old 03-26-2013, 21:58   #11
jhc37013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepiot View Post
A very wise man once said "can't fix stupid"

Very true and the media boy oh boy they just never learn from their mistakes much like liberal politicians.

People buy what they are told they should not, it's human nature.

Thanks Nightline , many more people will find themselves in a gun store looking at Glocks because of your very well thought out journalism.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 00:28   #12
gordo

Thanks for the kind words, Lord and SBray. It worked out well. I was pushing 70 and way past retirement age. I outwaited ABC News and got a very nice buyout, 401K, retirement, and health care out of it. Now I have more time to shoot IF ONLY I COULD FIND SOME AMMO.
Old 03-29-2013, 14:16   #13
somebodybuymeaglock

Commercials showing women not being victims? We cant have that!

-Mark Twain
somebodybuymeaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24   #14
Manco

Glock commercials are ridiculous. No one calls 911 first.

/just kidding.
Manco is offline   Reply With Quote