Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-24-2013, 23:23   #1
Glock23shooter
FN Herstal

Send a message via AIM to Glock23shooter
Glock Buffer work?

So i been trying to do some research but not getting any answers i'm looking for. Anyhow I been thinking about getting a Buffer for my G32 to see if i can reduce slightly a little more recoil, YES i have a stainless guide rod but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it? Majority of my search i see people knocking it down but didn't see a review on this forum.
Glock23shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 23:33   #2
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

There is a video review posted of some new buffer that the guy as running in his Gen4 22 that ended up with a few failure to feeds and at one point even hung the slide open. The type he was using sat in front of the locking block.

Personally i feel the recoil is needed to cycle the gun properly and I would be damned if i would install something like that on a defensive pistol. If it is a range gun then that's for you to decide if the possible headaches would be worth it.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 23:40   #3
Glock23shooter
FN Herstal

Send a message via AIM to Glock23shooter
Very true my G32 is my daily carry just that round is so damn snappy i shoot good within 5yrds group shots but anything past 5yrds i barely hit the target....
Glock23shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 23:45   #4
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock23shooter View Post
Very true my G32 is my daily carry just that round is so damn snappy i shoot good within 5yrds group shots but anything past 5yrds i barely hit the target....

Did it ever cross your mind you might be a safety hazard in an armed confrontation as well as to step down to a ctg. more controllable for you? I would before you end up in prison after hitting an innocent bystander.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 00:17   #5
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Quote:
I have never shot the .357Sig round so i can't judge it, but I would also recommend getting something you can manage as a carry gun. Hell go to a .40S&W with a barrel swap or get a 9mm or .38 special revolver.

ETA: Or at least some extra training and a lot more practice putting rounds downrange. As it is obvious that id you can barely hit paper at 15 feet something is off with your grip/trigger control. I'm not trying to bash on you, just give some real advice, for your safety and others.

Last edited by stolenphot0; 03-25-2013 at 00:33..
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41   #6
AK74play

Quote:
So i been trying to do some research but not getting any answers i'm looking for. Anyhow I been thinking about getting a Buffer for my G32 to see if i can reduce slightly a little more recoil, YES i have a stainless guide rod but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it? Majority of my search i see people knocking it down but didn't see a review on this forum.
I own 19 different Glocks and run a buffer in all of them except my 30 because they don't make one for it. All have had not 1 single issue with the buffers. There are all kinds of horror stories out there about buffers but I run them in my 1911's, my AK's and SKS's and never been anything but positive in any of them. Whether or not you should use them is YOUR decision, but for the price of one it's worth trying if you are interested.
I for one will NEVER go back to running without one. The manufacturers of good buffers recommend changing about every 1,000 rounds but I have never had to change one that often. When you clean your weapon, inspect it for any signs of deformation, tears, or just plain wear. If you see any just replace it. And yep, my carry guns use them also and if I had to run even a mag or 2 in a defensive situation I have no worries that one might fail in that instance. To each their own...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44   #7
lyodbraun

if those things worked Glock would have installed them in the gun, and or sold them, to me its nothing but a gimmick item... waste of money... buy more ammo and practice more...
lyodbraun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58   #8
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Here is the one I was talking about. Not sure which one you were looking at